collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: curls curls curls  (Read 1013 times)

scrub-adub

• Trade Count: (0)
curls curls curls
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »
give me tips on curls!

show me your curls!

ITS A CURL PARTY!!

(my pics will be added later since i dont have a way right now my only pic method has been er...confisicated untill next month)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: curls curls curls
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
Oh gosh!! I have lots of ponies with curls! I need to get some of them up for you to see :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
Ohhh!!!! I LOVE CURLS!!!!!  :lovey: :lovey:

This girl was the most recent addition to my collection with delicious original curl  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also just got SS Fifi who's nice and curly, but she's still drying off from the spa  ;)

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »
These are two of my favorite curlies :)

Kingsley's mane is original curl, just "freshened" up with spritzing water on it and then fingering the curls while I blow dried it.

I have no idea how I did this. It was one of the earliest restores I did, and I have NEVER been able to get curls like this again. I know I used hair rollers, but I've never been able to duplicate the curls :(

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:50 AM »
I like these girls better with curls!  Besides, it hides a little frizz on Love Petal.  :)

Love Petal had three small roller curls brushed together in a big round curl.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 06:46:31 AM »
I love to do curls, speically on my g3's they have such great hair for curling...
case in point

So how do you get those pretty curls like that? couple of tips that work great for me.

SO to get to here

you need to start here

The great secret weapon for those wonderful ringlets ... Straws.
all of these girls were done with straws

Now there are a couple of different ways to go about this.. depending on how permanate you want the curls to be.
What I do, is what i do when i'm defrizzing a pony.. find a really good  cheepy conditioner.. the cheeper the better.. i recomend the following..http://www.dollartree.com/health-beauty/hair-care/Vidal-Sassoon-Travel-Sized-Pro-Series-Moisture-Shampoo-1-69-oz-Bottles/591c599c599p347848/index.pro
this goop has a very high petrolium percentage and is really great for healing the acrylic hair.
So give your pony a good scrubbing( if you like).. and shampoo(or if they are clean you can just wet it) Then mix up a batch of about 2 parts conditioner 1 part water and get the pony in questions hair NICE and damp.
Now you will need some things to do this.. straws of what ever size you want your curls, paper towels to hold the ends down and lil rubber bands to keep it all in place.
Then take the pony of choice and comb out the wet hair, then seperate it into the sections of the size you want to curl.. take a small peice of paper towel ( it helps to cut these in advance so you can just grab em) and wrap it around the very ends of the hair. now wrap that around the base of your straw to create the begining of your curl. Hold that in place with one of the little rubber bands and then continue wrapping the hair around till its as tight as you like. Then use another rubber band to hold the curl in the position you like.
Here now you can do one of two things.. If you want the curls to last.. you will want to boil the pony's hair.. which is really simple.. get a pot of boiling water and dunk said pony for about 30 seconds and then pull her out and leave her to dry.
If you want looser curls that you can comb out sometime, ( and this is what i do cus i love to style my ponies hair over and over again) then skip the boiling stage and just let the conditioned pony dry over night.
In the morning either take off.. or just cut off all of the rubber bands and slide out the straws. Pull off the paper towel bits and there you go! perfect curls!!

hope this helps!!
RP

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:28:29 PM »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »
For longevity, I find heat is the key.  Nylon hair is best set with heat.  You can best set two ways.  You can do the straw rollers and then dunk the pony in a pot of hot water.  This is called a boil perm.  I do it with nylon doll wigs too, and will create a fairly permanent curl.  Or, you can take the wet hair, with straw rollers, and blow dry them with a HOT setting, kind of like a perm chair thing.  Will also create a fairly permanent curl. 

Letting the curls air-dry will not create a permanent curl, and they fall out fairly quickly that way.  :3 

scrub-adub

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »
For longevity, I find heat is the key.  Nylon hair is best set with heat.  You can best set two ways.  You can do the straw rollers and then dunk the pony in a pot of hot water.  This is called a boil perm.  I do it with nylon doll wigs too, and will create a fairly permanent curl.  Or, you can take the wet hair, with straw rollers, and blow dry them with a HOT setting, kind of like a perm chair thing.  Will also create a fairly permanent curl. 

Letting the curls air-dry will not create a permanent curl, and they fall out fairly quickly that way.  :3
ooooooh
whenever I used a hair dryer it flattened it out maybe I should try that. 

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 07:58:11 PM »

oo? I did not know you needed heat to set the curls XD mine haven't fallen out yet but they probably will, i wonder if its cause i used hot water to wash the hair with in the first place that helped
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 08:05:53 AM »
I love the simplicity of straw curls but I wanted bigger curls, so I used bigger straws! Track down those straws they use for bubble tea (I just asked for a half dozen at an Indian restaurant) and you're on your way to big bouncy curls!

I did one DB's mane with a regular straw (left) and bubble tea straw (right). I think the bigger curls looks closer to the original waves many ponies came with. The curls were gently set in hot water. Both tails were done with the bubble tea straws.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
Yay! I have naturally curly hair so I love curly ponies too!

I'm a big fan of boil perms and have a detailed how-to guide on my website HERE!

But all natural factory curl is even lovelier!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 02:43:33 PM »
Track down those straws they use for bubble tea

Oh my gosh, this is exactly what I use (I prefer big curls)! I have a bit of a bubble tea addiction, so no shortage of big straws!  :lol:

Have a picture of bubble tea curls.  ;)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

scrub-adub

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
for some reason i prefer tiny thing curls like that merry treats

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal