collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The most sureal pony related thing happened at work today...  (Read 744 times)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Hey pony peeps!
I have to share this crazy scenario with you guys, I have been talking about it all night that I couldn't wait to get home to tell you all on the forum...
So I'm minding my own business, putting some stock away, when I look down in front of me. In the middle of the floor, 4-Speed (the big brother) is lying down, just chillin'. No word of a lie. I pick him up gingerly and start smoothing down his hair (he was dirty but could be mint after a spa date) when a little girl and her mother come up to me and the girl says "oh that's where I left him".
So to make a long store not as long, I (grudgingly) give him back to her and end up talking to them for a bit. It turns out the mother had cleaned out her mothers garage over the weekend and found her childhood ponies. About 30 of them. I promptly gave her my business card and said if her daughter even gets tired of them, to give me a call.
It was so unbelievable. Would have been my first Big Brother. My co-worker was laughing so hard, she said when I was picking him up I was so excited I was shaking...  :lol:
If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I just had to share this crazy event!
Shae
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The most sureal pony related thing happened at work today...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »
OMG! That is a crazy story. I can't imagine randomly seeing a Big Brother pony laying in front of me. Who knows..maybe you will get lucky and she will give you a call!

Ohhhh...but I hate to think of the things that are happening to poor 4 speed. NOOOOO!!!! -_-

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:51:33 PM »
That's so incredibly awesome! I would have been pretty shocked too!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:47:50 AM »
I would have been disappointed not to keep him but I'm glad the little girl got him back!  :biggrin:

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:10 AM »
Aww, that's awesome!! Hopefully the mom will give you a call in the future. You never know! ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:25 AM »
 :shocked: OMG I understand I would have been schoked too. What a funny and nice story! I am soo sorry for you but happy that the little girl had it back  :blush:

But I agree with Teddy, if there is maybe too many ponies , maybe the mom will give you a call  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:08:01 AM »
Sounds like a recurring dream I have. Then I look around and find a bin full of ponies, all G1s, flutters with wings, mail orders, foreign ponies each for $1- $2 a piece. Then I wake up.

But I'm holding 4-speed.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:15 AM »
That is quite the story! It's like he was trying to find you. "Please don't make me go back with the little one!"

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 06:44:42 AM »
Ohhhh...but I hate to think of the things that are happening to poor 4 speed. NOOOOO!!!! -_-

That's what I'm worried about, I did tell the mom to not let her cut their hair if she could help it :blush:

That's so incredibly awesome! I would have been pretty shocked too!

Shocked is a great word to describe it... Speechless, Dumbfounded, Amazed, you know, any of those  :lol:

I would have been disappointed not to keep him but I'm glad the little girl got him back!  :biggrin:

I am super disappointed, but then I felt bad about taking a little girls pony... but I am willing to wait until she gets bored of them!

Aww, that's awesome!! Hopefully the mom will give you a call in the future. You never know! ;)

I all but begged her to, lol.

:shocked: OMG I understand I would have been schoked too. What a funny and nice story! I am soo sorry for you but happy that the little girl had it back  :blush:
But I agree with Teddy, if there is maybe too many ponies , maybe the mom will give you a call  ;)

I felt sorry for myself that I was that close to my first BB... but then I sorta felt like a monster thinking about taking a childs toy  :huh:

Sounds like a recurring dream I have. Then I look around and find a bin full of ponies, all G1s, flutters with wings, mail orders, foreign ponies each for $1- $2 a piece. Then I wake up.
But I'm holding 4-speed.

That sounds like a nightmare to me  :lol: I would be so sad when I woke up after that lol

That is quite the story! It's like he was trying to find you. "Please don't make me go back with the little one!"

Do I sound crazy if I admit that's what I thought about? That he was trying to find me and they had come into my store for a reason (because I collect ponies?) I do sound crazy, don't I?  -_-

I just know I am going to be checking my emails and be disappointed everyday she doesn't get back to me. I even offered to give her a bunch of my extra G1's, so you never know!
 Thanks everyone for the support!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 01:45:47 PM »
Oh wow! What an amazing and off thing to happen. I am sure its a sign...your first big brother will come and join your collection soon enough. Fingers crossed!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:16 PM »
Oh wow! What an amazing and off thing to happen. I am sure its a sign...your first big brother will come and join your collection soon enough. Fingers crossed!

It is, isn't it? That's a positive way of looking at this thing... I may not have gotten him yet, but there's some BB's in my future, for sure!   ;)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »
Aww that's sweet that the kid gets to play with them as well! :) And that they've been kept in such nice condition, so hopefully she'll look after them too.

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
How very strange! Yesterday at the library while I was returning books I noticed a toy with pink and purple hair lying on the tile by my feet. I picked it up to see what it was and take it to lost and found and it was Bunny Hop! She was missing her bunny charm, her hair was a bit messy and she wasn't perfectly, pristinely white but she still looked amazing considering that she's about 24 years old now.

I was flabbergasted, I couldn't believe out of the blue I'd stumble upon a G1 pony like that. I brought her with me to the front desk and after I picked up my holds I took a deep breath and turned her in. The librarian said he thought she was mine because she matched my shirt (totally forgot I was wearing a G4 tee on my off day) and I had to say, "I wish she was but there's probably a little girl missing her..." and watch as he took her away. It was the right thing to do, right? I left thinking, maybe I'll check back in a week and if no one has claimed her...

Doing the right thing is hard, isn't it slyons? Perhaps we've built up some good pony karma though?  ^.^
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »
Wow, what are the chances of that happening?!  What a cool story.  I hope that means the girl's mother will hold onto your card and give you a call some day down the road to pass the ponies onto you :D 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »
Aww that's sweet that the kid gets to play with them as well! :) And that they've been kept in such nice condition, so hopefully she'll look after them too.

I'm really hoping that the others are in as good as shape as he was! And that she calls of course  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal