collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Ponies you didnt have.  (Read 841 times)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
The Ponies you didnt have.
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
The ponies I had as a child will always remain some of most beloved and when mine were thrown out in my teen years I was pretty upset. So as an adult collector they were among the first ones I hunted down and had to have. But what about the ponies you never had? The ones you stared at in the pamphlets or in the toy aisles at the store. My favorite ponies I never had as a child were Gusty Sparkler Princess Tiffany and Baby Sugarberry. I can remember as a child being envious of my one cousin who I played ponies with the most had Sparkler (although when we played together she always let me have her) another cousin had Tiffany and I wanted her soo much. Gusty called to me from the pamphlet and was asked for at Christmas a few times. And Baby Sugarberry....well her mom was one of my favorites and I really wanted her baby to go with her. So what about the rest of you? Who do you remember pining for when you were a child? And did you ever get that pony or did you have to wait till you were an adult collector?

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
Re: The Ponies you didnt have.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:35:59 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that your ponies were thrown out when you were a teenager!!  I had a tragic loss in my early 20's of my childhood and so much more being destroyed/lost/sold without my knowledge or consent - thankfully my sister had our ponies - but I still went out and hunted down my favorites as well from when I was a kid.
Who did I really want but never got? Probably the flutters, honestly. We thought we had *so many* ponies (60ish between us two) and I don't remember looking at ponies and staring longingly the same way I stared and plotted for LPS (G1) though I know there were some that I was anxious to get. I never cared about Megan but if a mommy had a baby or vice versa, I wanted her! I didn't realize (somehow) that baby Moondancer had a mommy and that Milky Way had a baby! Well, that's been taken care of as an adult...and now I'm pretty much after any pony I can get my hands on for a reasonable price!
Did you ever get your Princess Tiffany? She was my first Princess Pony and very well loved. I have a couple extra of her I might be convinced to part with. maybe...lol!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses :( I really wanted a lot of the characters from the cartoons, but I pined for the princess ponies the most.  I had the purple princess with the eyelashes, but my friend had three princess ponies, one from the first set and two from the second, and I wanted at least one more than anything else.  I now have the whole set, just need a few accessories <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »
Yup, I have replaced every pony I had that was lost to me, I did have a few that weren't in the basement that were saved. I started my adult collection intending to only replace those lost to me and a few that I wanted as a child.....but I didn't stick to it haha. In fact im not even sure how many I have right now. I did get Tiffany. I replaced my pony castle as that was one of the things that got thrown. I also got the paradise estate which was the one playset I really wanted as a child. All I can say are ponies are addictive.  :)

Silent Lucidity

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that..:(..

But of course the pony I pined for since I started collecting was Pinwheel....When I first saw her I instantly fell in love; after I found out she was hard to get I just gave up on looking for her. I always lost out on ebay listings and auctions because of her high price. I still haven't gotten her to this day. I may have gotten a few of my grails sure, but Pinwheel would be lovely to have. *sighs* One day  :lovey:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:49 PM »
For me that was the set of baby ponies that had baby sugar berry in it, I sent the order away but they ran out, and I was given some other ponies instead. I am still looking for all six of them to this day.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »
Baby Glory.  I wanted Baby Glory, and I wanted her accessories.  She was at the top of every Christmas/birthday/Easter/whatever wishlist I "outgrew" ponies for the few years I switched to something else during high school.  My mom looked for her for the better part of 10 years, but once she was out of the stores, she was gone for good.  The second I got to college, I discovered the internet, and the pony community.  The very first thing  I did when I found the original My Little Pony Trading Post(back when it wasn't even a message board yet) was to post an ad looking for Baby Glory.  It took me over a year to get my hands on one, and I even got her accessories. 

This Christmas I *finally* tracked down a MIB one.  Wind Whistler was another one I *desperately* wanted as a kid but never got.  Wind Whistler usually had a place right beside Baby Glory on my wishlists.   I tracked her down MOC  many years ago, and due to a bidding war with the premier MIP collector on ebay at the time(a girl who regularly outbid the Delaneys on MIP auctions), she ended up being the most expensive pony I ever bought.  That's saying something!  I have ended up with my fair share of MOC/MIB ponies, but Baby Glory and Wind Whistler were the only two ponies I ever hunted for MIP. 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »
You just have to look at my nickname to know who my grails were! SnB were the two ponies i wanted since i first saw them at age 7,  sitting in a commercial and absolutely fell in love with their adorable pose and blazes! I never got them...
Then, Christmas 2012, I received a little package which looked a *tad* beat up and sad. A note was attached to it that said something like "I'm very sorry, the elves only just found this present for you under the seat of the sleigh..." When i opened the package and saw the two of them staring up at me I burst into happy tears and couldn't even speak! I'd NEVER been so happy, and my mom and dad (yeah...my DAD :shocked: ) were crying, too! I'd wanted them for exactly 30 years!!
I've put it in my will that i'm to be buried or cremated with them :) they're the biggest symbol of my father's undying love for me, and I will keep them forever because of that :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:18:24 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »
Any G1 s

I lost all mine when I was a very little kid so when I got into them when I was ollder I would have settled for any G1.

My favorite tho where

Bubbles, Applejack, medley, firefly, skydancer, Likety split, skyflier, gusty, milkey way, sugarberry, charry treats.

And more
:accomplished:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »
One pony that I remember well (which is rare for me! :P) was a pony that my childhood BFF had, the Sweetheart Sister Daisy Dancer. I remember staring at her fluffy, curly purple hair in awe, and loving her cute little skirt, too! I don't remember wanting her particularly badly, but I remember thinking how beautiful she was.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
SeashellnBubbles, that's the sweetest story I've ever heard! 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
SeashellnBubbles, that's the sweetest story I've ever heard!
My dad is an amazing man :) Thank you :hug:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »
I have to agree with goddessofpeep: Baby Glory was my #1 childhood grail and the first pony I hunted down when I discovered eBay in '97. :heart: My neighborhood had Baby Glory when I was little, and I secretly hoped she would outgrow ponies and give her to me (we were the same age, but when you're a little kid this seems like a logical possibility).

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
I remember two ponies that I really wanted but never got; G1 Jazzie and G2 Princess Silver Swirl. Now I have them both. :)
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 05:33:08 AM »
You just have to look at my nickname to know who my grails were! SnB were the two ponies i wanted since i first saw them at age 7,  sitting in a commercial and absolutely fell in love with their adorable pose and blazes! I never got them...
Then, Christmas 2012, I received a little package which looked a *tad* beat up and sad. A note was attached to it that said something like "I'm very sorry, the elves only just found this present for you under the seat of the sleigh..." When i opened the package and saw the two of them staring up at me I burst into happy tears and couldn't even speak! I'd NEVER been so happy, and my mom and dad (yeah...my DAD :shocked: ) were crying, too! I'd wanted them for exactly 30 years!!
I've put it in my will that i'm to be buried or cremated with them :) they're the biggest symbol of my father's undying love for me, and I will keep them forever because of that :)

Oh my, yes, these were my two childhood grails, too! If only we'd known each other, we could have set on a worldwide search together.

I wanted them so so desperately. And not only did I never get them, I never even SAW them. I didn't get into MLP until very late 1984, and Bubbles and Seashell weren't really on my must-have list until it was way too late to find them in a store. And I LOOKED. Once we went to a mall in a small town and they had a lot of older ponies that had never sold. I remember thinking "could Bubbles and Seashell be here???" But alas, no. That was around 1989.

Fast forward to 1998, which was really a world away from 1989--I was now in college. At this point I'd gotten rid of all my childhood ponies except one. I was too grown for MLP, right? I went to an attic sale with a friend. In the toy section I spied . . . a basket of ponies. I casually sifted through them for old times sake . . . and on the bottom of the basket (I still remember this so clearly) I caught a flash of lavender and green stencil seashells. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I reached all the way down and pulled out one of my two childhood grails--Seashell. She had a bushy tail and some play wear but otherwise so pretty. And only twenty-five cents! SOLD.

Within six months, I'd more or less put together my dream childhood collection (the "Classic Twelve" from Year 2) including BUBBLES, who I purchased off eBay. And to this day I still can't believe I own them. They were truly worth waiting for! And Bubbles' green flower brush is very favorite accessory of all time.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal