collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Web Comic  (Read 218 times)

Offline systemcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
My Web Comic
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »
I asked permission in the Sigs & Site Support part of the forum permission to make this posting and Kiwi granted it.

I've been working on a web comic named Light Bulbs for a few years now, specifically since Oct. 17th '11. It is in an oddball sense kind of follow up to a virtual series written before it. It barely has any readers and that's why I thought to make this topic. To maybe intrigue some of you into reading it.

The series is sci fi & fantasy based with a continuous plot. But that plot is broken into chapters which at this point is currently on it's fourth chapter. It updates every Monday and I haven't missed an update of adding installments to it but once back in '12.

The low down on it so far is it's set next century and nature has been obliterated. Nothing bad like a war occurred to have this happen, how it happened is supposed to be the progress of people's thoughtless destruction of the environment for the newer and better. One man named Gray decides he wants to be a wizard and try to return magic to the world and try to better it. Besides one mistake use of magic in the beginning, he conjures up a teacher wizard to guide him in lessons. How ever what he gets is an unhappy to be where he is wizard named Glendake who is from the distant past. He'd rather not be teacher to Gray and would rather be in his own time but is forced to abide Gray's wishes because he can't get back to his time. Why? Because wizards & witches draw their power from the environment, second they also draw this power from being fueled by each other's power. Neither one exists in 22rd century Earth. Top that with Glendake only having just been certified at his job, so he's some what new to practicing magic him self.

Glendake knows the world has to be restored to having forests, grass, flowers, you name it, even non-polluted sky & water for his magic to truly work again. Dragon, Glendake knows are a key source to restoring the planet. A dragon under control of a wizard won't shoot out fire. Instead they can be forced to shoot out plants & animals. Currently the only notable dragon in the series so far, "Watt" has produced a few flowers ...that and not by Glendake's command a full size pine tree in the middle of a court room.

Various other characters are also in this series. From genetically engineered creatures named Znos who were the under class of society for a long time. To a man from another universe forced into this universe by Gray's mistake in use of magic, his companion being what looks to be a talking skunk but is actually a powerful alien. To fairies who were brought into existence by a wizard not Glendake, that were once upon a time Human. To a pair of men who have knowledge of higher beings that are akin to gods that they talk with. To people refereed to shadows that come from a place that no longer exists with a powerful beast. There are many interesting characters in this series that if I went into details over all of them this post would be too long.

In the beginning I didn't give a rat's butt about the art to the series, so I know it looks bad. But currently the series has a good set style.

Please tell me if you intend on reading Light Bulbs, and you can comment on the web comic's site without being a member of Comicfury  :).

Light Bulbs can be found here  ^.^: http://lightbulbs.thecomicseries.com/

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: My Web Comic
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:00:42 AM »
Sounds interesting! Best of luck with it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal