collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Summer Diet thread  (Read 298 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
New Summer Diet thread
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »
Hi Ladies,

I just finished the 'pounds for ponies' challenge and lost 15cm from my waist!

Feeling like a burger king but need to keep at it since I'm still looking at myself in passing windows and feeling :cloud:

It's very hot in the UK at the moment so I'm feeling fat and bothered during the heat of the day them mega hungry once I cool down in the evening and have to hold back.

So what are you ponies enjoying at the moment that offers a low calorie meal?

:) I made some tomato and vegetable soup yesterday, the next day I cooked some quinoa in the remains of the soup and ate it for lunch with a sprinkle of cheese.

:) Also I put wide neck water bottles in the freezer overnight with slices of fruit in to take out with me the next day
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: New Summer Diet thread
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:06:08 AM »
Sandwiches are good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:27:18 AM »
My diet is called Autoimmune Protocol (or Autoimmune Paleo) and I've been on it for over a year now.

I don't count calories anymore, although I did that 2-3 years ago. Since I have coconut oil quite a bit, the calories are probably rather high. That said, I've stayed at the same weight for over a year. My focus is more on avoiding highly inflammatory foods rather than avoiding high calories.

My meals usually involve stir-frying organic broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots and the like in coconut oil and plenty of Himalayan pink salt. I have low blood pressure, so the salt helps me with my dizziness problems. I also have some fish  - salmon being my favorite - or some beef patties that I made before hand.

I haven't had eggs, cheese, dairy, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, etc), seeds or nuts for a long time. I miss them. I haven't had grains for even longer but don't miss them quite that much.

Congrats on losing some inches. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:32 AM »
Sandwiches are good.

Nice insight  ;)

Post Merge: July 08, 2014, 09:06:59 AM

My diet is called Autoimmune Protocol (or Autoimmune Paleo) and I've been on it for over a year now.

I haven't had eggs, cheese, dairy, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, etc), seeds or nuts for a long time. I miss them. I haven't had grains for even longer but don't miss them quite that much.

Congrats on losing some inches. :)

Hey thanks! And thanks for describing your diet to me, it sounds really interesting I will have a read.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:06:59 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:28:27 AM »
I just made Tarka Dal and it went really well! I think this is healthy. Ways to unhealthy it include frying onions in butter and adding them to a big portion of pilau rice to go with.

Still cutting out sugared drinks - think this is good.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:49 AM »
I really enjoy making salads, especially in the heat. It's quick and easy and there are so many things you can add and take away to change up a salad that it never gets boring. Last night for dinner I served grilled chicken breast (with a teaspoon of bbq sauce while cooking) diced up over a bed of baby spinach, with 1/4 shredded cheese, dried cranberries and 1.5 tbsp. of lite French dressing. It was delicious.

I also love making sandwiches on Dempsters veggie bread and bagels (do they carry that over there?) Turkey breast sliced thin with a nice deli cheese and a bit of mustard with spinach leaves is fabulous.

Scrambled eggs/egg whites with feta and spinach is great with whole wheat toast.

I like to get things that provide all the nutrients that my body needs, while keeping my appetite in check.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:25:00 AM »
I really enjoy making salads, especially in the heat. It's quick and easy and there are so many things you can add and take away to change up a salad that it never gets boring. Last night for dinner I served grilled chicken breast (with a teaspoon of bbq sauce while cooking) diced up over a bed of baby spinach, with 1/4 shredded cheese, dried cranberries and 1.5 tbsp. of lite French dressing. It was delicious.

I also love making sandwiches on Dempsters veggie bread and bagels (do they carry that over there?) Turkey breast sliced thin with a nice deli cheese and a bit of mustard with spinach leaves is fabulous.

Scrambled eggs/egg whites with feta and spinach is great with whole wheat toast.

I like to get things that provide all the nutrients that my body needs, while keeping my appetite in check.

Hi! Your posts in P4P were very inspiring  :) Mmm that does sound really good! I forgot you can put dried fruit in salad. We don't have Demspters but I do make my own bread, also I forgot about Turkey. I usually roast a chicken every couple of weeks, use the meat for a roast dinner then a salad or noodles and make stock with the bones that I skim and use for soup. The final point you make  is a really good philosophy, very concise! I find my sugar addiction is what's preventing me from following this at the moment. I will keep trying though. First stop no sugar in drinks this week. I don't know when I let that creep back in but it needs to go back out again  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal