collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will the pink hair on a G1 PLUSHIE fade?  (Read 280 times)

An 80s Pony

• Trade Count: (0)
Will the pink hair on a G1 PLUSHIE fade?
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
I am fully aware that the pink hair on the G1 toys are prone to fading, but does the pink hair on the G1 plushies fade?

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Re: Will the pink hair on a G1 PLUSHIE fade?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »
Any lighter hair color will fade if exposed to sunlight or chemicals. Like for example pussy cat or fadeing pink will fade over time if exposed to sunlight.

I have a posy plush that the hair is as pink and vibrant as can be but if I where to put her in direct sunlight her pink hair will be short lived.

Plush hair is a thicker placsic and to my understanding it is difrent than normal pony or doll hair. It dose tend not to fade as fast if kept away from the harsh elements. How ever I do see that plush pony hair tends to become a bit more dingy in played with condishion. I had a starshine plush that had bright but very dingy hair as well as a blossom.

I have a baby lofty plush that has very bright hair but super frizzy hair.

So over all no
Your plush isen't more likely to fade unless she is in the sunlight.
:accomplished:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
Not any more or less than on a regular pony. So if the colour is one you know in particular fades on a pony, it will fade on the plush and vice versa for hair which is not as prone to fading. However, as mentioned, all colours fade - so while some dont need hidden in a dark closet to protect them, I always think its worth while keeping them out of bright sunlight if you can.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »
All of the pinks used on the G1 softies were not the notorious "fading pink" shade, but the darker cotton candy hair color that is quite stable. As mentioned, any toy is capable of sustaining damage by light exposure, but you need not worry about them any more than you would a normal collectible.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
My bowtie plush has faded on one side of her mane, and at the top of her tail, where she must have been exposed to sunlight. I just flipped her mane over, and popped a ribbon on her tail, and she's perfect again!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 05:45:41 PM »
I don't think plush Posey has "fading pink" hair.

Obviously any hair can fade under the right circumstances, but if you're asking if it will fade as easily as the regular toy version of Posey . . . No, I don't think it will.  Looks like the same shade as plush Bow-Tie's hair to me.

Also I have never ever seen a plush Posey come up for sale with hair faded to white.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal