collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buying anime figurines from Crunchyroll?  (Read 6578 times)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Buying anime figurines from Crunchyroll?
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:44:33 AM »
Hey everyone!
So, I'm not even into anime figurines, but a few months ago I saw this fabolous Sasuke figurine on Crunchyroll and I just can't get it out of my mind :lol: These kind of figurines are really expenisve from my point of view, and there is shipping and import fees too. But since I have birthday money left, I thought I may just treat myself :)

Anyway, how does ordering from Crunchyroll work? It says that the figurine will be shipped from Megahouse, which is Japanese store if I'm correct? Is it better to order directly from Japan? Do you know any good EU-based stores of this kind? What about second-hand market?

Thanks! ^.^

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Buying anime figurines from Crunchyroll?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:51:49 AM »
I always buy from Hobbylink Japan, which is in Japa, ad I've never had a problem :) Never ordered through Crunchyroll before. For second hand, try checking things like Mandarake and MyFigureCollection ^^
http://myfigurecollection.net/
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/
http://www.hlj.com/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline June

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:35:17 AM »
Thanks a lot! :)
I heard good things about Hobbylink, but sadly they don't have it in stock there  :huh: I found a German store Figuya through myfigurecollection, so I'm going to send them an email since their site confuses me  :wonder:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
Never ordered from them but that is a really nice figure!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
It says that the figurine will be shipped from Megahouse, which is Japanese store if I'm correct? Is it better to order directly from Japan? Do you know any good EU-based stores of this kind? What about second-hand market?

Thanks! ^.^

Megahouse is actually a manufacturer, and for what it's worth, do really nice work. I don't know if they are as good as say, Good Smile Company or their subbrands, but they are up there for me. Their Miki Hoshii is fantastic, and mine doesn't have any huge flaws, so you don't really need to worry about Sasuke having sloppy paint work.

Ami Ami also has a used section, though I don't know if Sasuke is on there. It's worth a look see.

Crunchyroll's price is pretty dang fair BTW. This retailed for about 67-70 depending on where you ordered from the big Japanese online stores, so $76 is not bad.

Do NOT be fooled by any $35 dollar ones on eBay from China/Hong Kong. Those are 99.9% bootleg. I don't know if they exist, but be wary. If it's really cheap and/or coming from China/Hong Kong, it's most likely fake.

Also don't do it. You buy one figure, then before you know it, you have a $200 order coming from Ami Ami in October, because you suddenly decide to collect these as well. It happens to the best of us:(

You should still get it though.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
Personally, I'd order direct from Japan using Rakuten/Mandarake/AmiAmi/BiginJapan etc, rather than using a US-based store as Japan Post's to Europe prices tend to be kinder to the wallet than USPS/other North American postal services, especially if you want tracked and insured basic postage, and US stores has to factor the prices paid to ship from Japan to their warehouses, too. I find EU-based stores are hit and miss, though most of the problems relate to them being over-priced.

It's also worth checking user images on MyFigureCollection as promotional images are photoshopped and, depending on the company and figure, can vastly mis-represent the item. MFC also has a shop database so you can see reviews of CR's shipping and customer service :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline June

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »
Thank you for all the replies and advice :biggrin:
Since this is a new figure, I haven't seen it second hand and in some stores it's already sold out :huh:
These Figuya guys should be OK since they have good reviews on MyFigureCollection. I've sent them an email with a couple of questions, but they won't be able to answer until Tuesday since they are on some convention. I just hope that there will be some left.
I hope this will be the first and the last one (unless they make an epic Deidara figure) :lol:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 09:23:30 AM »
Crunchyroll is actually at the convention I've been going to the last few days, Anime Expo. Pretty sure they're doing promos of their anime services and not merch. I haven't heard anything bad about Crunchyroll though, they're pretty solid.

Duster reference]

Offline June

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
Crunchyroll is actually at the convention I've been going to the last few days, Anime Expo. Pretty sure they're doing promos of their anime services and not merch. I haven't heard anything bad about Crunchyroll though, they're pretty solid.
Then Crunchyroll will be my backup option :)
Have fun at the con! :biggrin:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »
I actually have a figure pre-ordered from Crunchyroll.  It is the Figma of Levi from Attack on Titan.  Since he isn't supposed to come until late July or early August, I can't say how ordering a figure from Crunchyroll is.  I can report back how my experience is once he arrives. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 05:46:06 PM »
hey i wanna let you know I saw that figuring at my local comic book store today, but I don't think you have a hastings near you XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 07:33:43 PM »
I've bought quite a few things off crunchyroll. Easy, safe and seems to be the same price as most other stores. If you can't find what you want elsewhere then Crunchroll is good.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 09:32:45 AM »
My advice for your future in figure collecting: preorder from AmiAmi asap. They always have the cheapest prices and you can pick/change which shipping method you want. They don't charge until the item is in stock and give you a five day window to pay. Just be sure you want the item though because they are strict on cancellations (ie: none)
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline June

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
My advice for your future in figure collecting: preorder from AmiAmi asap. They always have the cheapest prices and you can pick/change which shipping method you want. They don't charge until the item is in stock and give you a five day window to pay. Just be sure you want the item though because they are strict on cancellations (ie: none)
Thanks for the advice :) I hope I won't be collecting since this hobby is quite expensive :P

EeveeMUA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
I ordered my Sailor Moon Proplica Moon Stick from them in December.  It was on a promotional sale at the time and there was also another slight discount for Crunchyroll members, so I signed up for the free trial then ordered.  :)

The item description said it was due to arrive August of this year, but I received it last month so that was a plus!  :happy:
I did get a £20 customs and handling charge on top of the cost though, but that was expected.

The box it came in was very well packaged too and it arrived in perfect condition with no problems.

That's my overall good experience with Crunchyroll if it's any help at all!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal