collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BAB Hair Care  (Read 810 times)

blushingflutters

• Trade Count: (0)
BAB Hair Care
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »
Could somoene direct me to a post or site on how to soften/detangle Build a Bear my little pony hair, please? Pinkie's hair is all coarse and gross and I'm not sure what to do. Could I use dry shampoo? Thank you!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: BAB Hair Care
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:09 AM »
I use johnson's baby detangler. and I use tons of it.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »
I use johnson's baby detangler. and I use tons of it.

Ooo this is a good idea.  My BAB ponies get tangles even just sitting on a shelf!  I will have to try this.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
This is what customer service told me:

Thank you for contacting us.  We would suggest misting your pony's hair with bear stuff cleaner or water and combing from the end of the hair to the roots working in small sections. If the hair is extremely tangled, you may consider adding 1-2 small drops of fabric softener to the water and braiding the mane and tail once you have combed through the hair.

My 4yo's ponies' hair is so completely matted and tangled, I don't see anything working, short of taking out the hair, and making fabric mane/tail. Ah well...

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »
Not sure how well it works on extreme tangles, but I use a spray bottle with water and one teaspoon of fabric softener in it. I mist the hair with the mix and then comb it out in small sections with a fine comb. That's gotten all my BAB ponies' hair nice and neat.

blushingflutters

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 05:30:58 AM »
Thank you all! I'm give em all a shot!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 07:09:22 AM »
I had to fix my Twilight's hair. I treated her like any other pony. I wet her hair and put conditioner in it. Then I used a wire wig brush to work out the knots. I also let the conditioner set in her hair for a while. Then I rinsed it out and let her dry.

sailorstitch

zuzz

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:01 AM »
When my ponies hair is tangled I use tons of conditioner and It usaly works. But one day I broke my comb on its hair...Sometimes puting hair in hot water and than washing it with conditioner works...Those hair are made of nylon right?

blushingflutters

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 07:41:39 AM »
I tried throwing Pinkie and Rainbow in the washing machine. Their bodies are clean but their hair is unchanged. I'm going to try the conditioner method.

zuzz

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 07:45:28 AM »
And I suggest using a plastic brush not a comb.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
I ll second the fabric softener followed by a spray of kids detangler and then gently brushed with a wide tooth metal comb. The hair is really not designed to be played with unfortunately and oddly; if they are not on display only then you should be prepared to treat them reasonably often.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

blushingflutters

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »
I ll second the fabric softener followed by a spray of kids detangler and then gently brushed with a wide tooth metal comb. The hair is really not designed to be played with unfortunately and oddly; if they are not on display only then you should be prepared to treat them reasonably often.

Thank you! I haven't done anything yet, too nervous to be honest. Strange that BAB wouldn't make the hair softer or easier to care for considering their plushes to be played with? (Offtopic-ish: but saw the cutest little girl at the mall making her Rainbow Dash "fly" as she walked down the stairs.  :heart:)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 03:25:12 PM »
I dont think its really something BAB are used to having on a plush and therefore it is perhaps something they could have done with doing more work on. I do think the quality of the hair is perhaps done so that the toy can be machine washed. Although I know you are told not to do it, no doubt they have to be manufactured to a degree which allows for the possibility. I would guess...and its only a guess...that the grade of hair is changed from the regular nylon one [which would perhaps melt or frizz in a washing machine] to something more accepting of this kind of treatment.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

blushingflutters

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 03:38:36 PM »
I dont think its really something BAB are used to having on a plush and therefore it is perhaps something they could have done with doing more work on. I do think the quality of the hair is perhaps done so that the toy can be machine washed. Although I know you are told not to do it, no doubt they have to be manufactured to a degree which allows for the possibility. I would guess...and its only a guess...that the grade of hair is changed from the regular nylon one [which would perhaps melt or frizz in a washing machine] to something more accepting of this kind of treatment.

You make a good point, thank you for explaining that to me.

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 06:36:26 PM »
Yep, this is why my daughter only has 2 BAB ponies.  We are going to wait for 4DE to produce a Rarity and then buy that instead.  I love the BAB ponies, but our Fluttershy's hair is horrible!  I finally combed it out enough to braid it but it still looks bad.  Maybe I'll try some of these suggestions and see if it improves.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal