collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ummmm...  (Read 1843 times)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Ummmm...
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:44:49 AM »
I was standing outside on my balcony with my 17-year-old son.  He said, "There's a rat!"  We looked down and there was what look like a pretty big animal walking through the flowers down on the ground (my apartment is on the second floor).  I said, "No, that's a possum," because from up here it looked really big, and it was dark outside.  My son insisted it was a rat and he went down to see.  I watched from the balcony, expecting it to run before my son got anywhere near it.  However, when he walked up to it, it just looked up at him.  He said it was for sure a rat and I said to bring it up here.  He did.  It's a very friendly, large male rat.  I don't know how he ended up out there, but my suspicions are that he was abandoned, poor guy.  It was just starting to rain, too.  I don't have anything for rats anymore, but we put him in an empty plastic storage tub and gave him something to eat and drink, which he very gladly accepted.  Now he's on the couch behind my son's back sleeping.  I'll have to get him the things he needs as soon as I can, like food, bedding, a water bottle and a cage.  It was just such a strange occurrence.  There are always animals around here, mainly skunks, but I've seen foxes and larges owls, too, so I really thought he was a possum.  I'm glad we saw him, or he'd still be out walking around in the rain looking for something to eat. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Ummmm...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:54:16 AM »
Awww, how sweet to take the poor little feller in. He's such a cutie! ^.^
I've never seen rats so big, mine were always fairly small, to be mistaken for a possum is impressive!

Better get him vet checked if you plan on keeping him, but he may not have been abandoned so it might be worth putting up posters or something in case his owner is looking for him?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »
Yeah I can try that, but I'm not sure where I'd put them.  Pets are strictly forbidden in this complex, even though I know people sneak them anyway, so putting posters up here would bring landlord trouble.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 01:07:51 AM »
He kind of looks like a little possom! Cuch a cute! If i remember correctly, there's a rat recue in your area which may be able to help you out if you can't keep him. Also. Ake sure he has no fleas. They respond pretty well for the flea killing drops you can put on the back of a dog, but you only need the tiniest drop, NOT the whole tube.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 02:15:53 AM »
That's real cute! We found a guinea pig once and kept him  ^.^

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 03:25:08 AM »
What a cute little boy. Lucky him that you noticed him and took him in. Good Luck with everything.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13:46 AM »
What a cutie! Best of luck. I hope you find the owner, or someone who's willing and able to take him in.
:fox:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 07:39:24 AM »
aww, he's a cute little scruffy guy. I wish free rats just walked up to my house (not the wild ones though please).

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 07:56:39 AM »
aww, he's a cute little scruffy guy. I wish free rats just walked up to my house (not the wild ones though please).
My thoughts exactly! :) If I were to simply -find- a rat, that would be an excellent excuse for another pet... ;)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 09:18:21 AM »
Awww The poor little thing! You can ask and possibly put up flyers at some vet's offices or pet stores in your area. Hopefully that won't lead the landlord to you but may still find the owner. Unfortunately though far too many people "release" their rodents if they nip or the human gets bored of them. After all, they are wild animals and can fend for themselves right? *growls angrily*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
Aww poor little man :( I'm so pleased you both took him in, how considerate, and what a lovely rat. Looks like you guys gotcha self a lovely new pet!

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »
Within the first few seconds I checked him all over for fleas, mites or anything other bugs.  He was clean.  He is definitely not a biter, so that wouldn't be why somebody might have sent him outside to fend for himself.  Some people are just irresponsible.  Maybe the landlord saw him and said get rid of him, so they just set him outside instead of finding him a new home.  A big, hard thunderstorm went through here a while ago and I thought about how he would have been out in it if we wouldn't have seen him.  Poor guy! 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
I'll betcha he's a cuddler...he looks like one we use for our shows. The males are so laid back and calm, they really enjoy spending time with their people and just sitting on a lap being petted while you're watching tV! My guy does, that's for sure! They're great pets and so much fun. I'm so saddened that this little man would have suffered out in the wild without you...they definately aren't wild and they have no idea how to fend for themselves when just released into a neihborhood!

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »
I've always wanted a pet rat... but with 2 cats... no way I could do it. :blush:
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 05:46:22 PM »
He's adorable. You're lucky he's so tame. It's a shame if he was a pet and was abandoned. Glad he has a loving home!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal