collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nurse Redheart Brushable (Walgreens Exclusive) - Being Found Now in Stores  (Read 35987 times)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nurse Redheart Brushable (Walgreens Exclusive) - Being Found Now in Stores
« Reply #330 on: September 21, 2014, 09:47:39 AM »
Oh my gosh! that felt hat is too cute Aitsuki :D

Moonracer

« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2014, 11:42:48 AM »
*sigh* Another USA-centric store exclusive?

Wow, Hasbro, you really like flipping a middle finger to your European customers.  >_< -_-

Well so far we had Rainbow Flash, Skywishes (although she will be out in the US soon) as well as Star Swirl over here. Most of the store exclusives are now hitting shelves outside the US now as well - the Ponymania and Wild Rainbow lines have been popping up all over the globe. Its not Hasbros issue who stocks what - thats for Hasbro subsidiaries and their retailers to do the shouting not Hasbro HQ itself.

I guess you're right... Sorry for my previous comment sounding so rude.

I'm just really not a big fan of the whole exclusives strategy that many toy companies are so fond of. I guess it's an overall clever strategy for them to have those toys sold as exclusives at certain stores, since it increases their desireability and all...

But for a person like me, a collector who lives outside the US, this is really frustrating. Mostly because many of those toys are out of reach for me, since many of the stores selling them (Walmart, Target, Wallgreens etc.) simply don't exist where I live.

Heck, up until last year we didn't even have our own Toys R' Us (at least not in my hometown) so there was  no way to get their exclusives as well.

The only way for me to get those toys is through the internet auctions but even then it's near impossible, since they usually end up being ridiculously over-priced, by the people who sell them, because they think it can bring them big cash on the sole basis of it being collectors item (like the pony sets feayuring Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis).

So you see why I'm having such a beef with store exclusives.

At least there's still hope... and I'm glad about that.

I'll be sure to get myself this cutie if and when it comes out. I'm so happy that they decided to release other ponies that aren't part of the Mane Six. :P

SwiftheartBabbit

« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
I got one from my Walgreen's today! She was the only one they found, and they had to get her from the back.

Even better, had a $10 reward on my Walgreen's card, so my purchase went from $15something (got a few other things) to $5something. :)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 21, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
Thanks Cotton! It wasn't hard to make at all, either!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
I just got her in a Walgreens in North Georgia. They had one Nurse Redheart and two Rainbow Dashes -- and that's all they had in pony stock (I even asked).

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »
My poor hubby is so sick of checking the one by our place on his way home. They stocked the other day and have a peg for them but nothing *sighs* I got all excited at another one because I found a few brushables out but no nurse ponies:( Either people are beating me to them or my towns really suck. I've checked probably 6 different stores...at this point I may as well just order them and save myself the head ache.

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
I found a single one, there was no display for her and she was tucked away behind a couple other ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »
Got two today! They had about 6 tucked behind other ponies, it was annoying taking all the ones off front to get to them but I was super happy to see they were there. :)

Wysteria or anyone, I work near this Walgreens so if you want me to pick you up one I will. $5 + the shipping I'm sure would be pretty cheap if you'd be ok with bubble mailer.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
Has anyone spotted them in Portland? I am travelling there and would love to pick on up!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:06 AM »
I wonder when the online preorders will ship. I'm definitely not happy that they didn't ship out the preorders before stocking them in the stores. Normally, the whole point of preordering something is so you're among the first to get it. I hope they're not planning on waiting until mid-October before shipping them like the site says.

PolkaDot99

« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
Got her thanks!  :biggrin: Tho I had to pick one from the back of the row since the front 2-3 had dirt on the front leg by the plastic. I almost didn't see it.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
I have 4 extra if anyone (inc international) needs a Pony
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
*sigh* Another USA-centric store exclusive?

Wow, Hasbro, you really like flipping a middle finger to your European customers.  >_< -_-

Well so far we had Rainbow Flash, Skywishes (although she will be out in the US soon) as well as Star Swirl over here. Most of the store exclusives are now hitting shelves outside the US now as well - the Ponymania and Wild Rainbow lines have been popping up all over the globe. Its not Hasbros issue who stocks what - thats for Hasbro subsidiaries and their retailers to do the shouting not Hasbro HQ itself.

I guess you're right... Sorry for my previous comment sounding so rude.

I'm just really not a big fan of the whole exclusives strategy that many toy companies are so fond of. I guess it's an overall clever strategy for them to have those toys sold as exclusives at certain stores, since it increases their desireability and all...

But for a person like me, a collector who lives outside the US, this is really frustrating. Mostly because many of those toys are out of reach for me, since many of the stores selling them (Walmart, Target, Wallgreens etc.) simply don't exist where I live.

Heck, up until last year we didn't even have our own Toys R' Us (at least not in my hometown) so there was  no way to get their exclusives as well.

The only way for me to get those toys is through the internet auctions but even then it's near impossible, since they usually end up being ridiculously over-priced, by the people who sell them, because they think it can bring them big cash on the sole basis of it being collectors item (like the pony sets feayuring Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis).

So you see why I'm having such a beef with store exclusives.

At least there's still hope... and I'm glad about that.

I'll be sure to get myself this cutie if and when it comes out. I'm so happy that they decided to release other ponies that aren't part of the Mane Six. :P

Dont worry :) You didnt sound rude. And I completely agree - I had exclusive to store lines and exclusive to country releases even more.

I think its just that I have seen this argument from both sides so often that I have come to appreciate we are BOTH being done out of certain releases.

The only good thing I can offer is, other than this girl this year (and we still dont even know that she wont pop up somewhere at some point), last year and even more this year has seen much, much more international releases of everything and less exclusivity than we previously had. We can only hope it continues to even out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »

Dont worry :) You didnt sound rude. And I completely agree - I had exclusive to store lines and exclusive to country releases even more.

I think its just that I have seen this argument from both sides so often that I have come to appreciate we are BOTH being done out of certain releases.

The only good thing I can offer is, other than this girl this year (and we still dont even know that she wont pop up somewhere at some point), last year and even more this year has seen much, much more international releases of everything and less exclusivity than we previously had. We can only hope it continues to even out.

Eh, I think I'd feel a little more kindly about it if the UK had seen more of the "international exclusives". I've still had to import ones like Ploomette because they didn't appear here, either (the only one I've seen is the Daisy Dreams scooter set, but it's £20 for two playful ponies and some plastic accessories  :shocked: ), so it feels like we get the short ends of both sticks sometimes lol.
And...as for the other lines appearing here at last. That's great! Except...when we get them they're often much more expensive that the US release (again with the switching the $ for a £ on the RRP)  :huh:  I'm glad things are evening out, but I wish the prices would, too!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »

Eh, I think I'd feel a little more kindly about it if the UK had seen more of the "international exclusives". I've still had to import ones like Ploomette because they didn't appear here, either (the only one I've seen is the Daisy Dreams scooter set, but it's £20 for two playful ponies and some plastic accessories  :shocked: ), so it feels like we get the short ends of both sticks sometimes lol.
And...as for the other lines appearing here at last. That's great! Except...when we get them they're often much more expensive that the US release (again with the switching the $ for a £ on the RRP)  :huh:  I'm glad things are evening out, but I wish the prices would, too!

Unfortunately we are always more expensive for imported toy lines than the US - every part of the world suffers from that :(

More exclusives have made it here than havent; its not fantastic, its not perfect and I can completely see why people are not happy about what they cant get within their country. But I just think we both suffer from it in different ways. No where in the world has managed to get every release so far and even sets which are "worldwide" (technically available across all territories) sometimes miss the odd location out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal