collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Payment returned?  (Read 463 times)

Offline Ceecee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Payment returned?
« on: June 28, 2014, 04:59:04 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm not sure where else to put it. I bought three G4 ponies in mid-May from Wishing Well and sent the payment via my father's PayPal (my parents prefer to handle the money for more expensive transactions). The ponies arrived at the end of May, and so I left feedback for her, and she for me. However, today, almost a month later, my father told me he had just seen an email from PayPal stating that the payment had been returned to his account. It said that the money was returned because "the recipient did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process". Looking on here, it seems that Wishing Well hasn't been online since June 13th, the day before the payment was returned.

Obviously, I feel terrible that it's been two weeks since the payment was returned and I'm just now noticing. I've sent her a PM about it and am about to send an email to the address she gave me, but I wanted to know if there was anything else I can/should do. Again, not sure if this is the right place, but I couldn't think of a better one. I'd really appreciate any advice.  :(

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Payment returned?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:10:01 AM »
You've done all you can by sending a PM. Now the ball is in her court if she wants to ask you for another form of payment.

Offline Ceecee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 03:57:28 AM »
Okay, thanks for the help!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
I would double check that you have sent the payment to the correct address.  That kind of error message is usually shown when you try to send money to an active email address that is not connected to an existing Paypal account.  Good luck!
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
Has your father checked his actual Paypal account? I have received emails that were supposedly from Paypal that were actually phishing schemes asking me to follow a link to resolve the issue. Be Careful!

As Tap Dancer said, you have sent her a PM, which is great. But also emailing her at her Paypal address is a great idea too. ;) 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:31:52 PM by clones_rebellion »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »
Has your father checked his actual Paypal account? I have received emails that were supposedly from Paypal that were actually phishing schemes asking me to follow a link to resolve the issue. Be Careful!
This. This happened to me with UPS though. Was sending something via UPS and I got that email  :blink: How convenient for those phishers...
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »
Ugh, did this seller send you an invoice?  I sent an invoice to a buyer, and she sent payment...unfortunately I had to validate my banking information before I was able to accept the payment.  My options were either to validate my banking information by 1) trying to seemlessly connect with my bank account by providing user name, password, etc. {which I must have somehow screwed up cause it didn't go through and I didn't have the option of trying it again}, 2) wait 2-3 days for them to deposit money into my account - then I would have to enter those values in to validate they went to the right account {which I didn't want to wait 2-3 days since I told the buyer I'd send the package out that day} or 3) I could open a MasterCard account with them {whcih I ended up doing even though I won't use it probably...it was just easier and it has no annual fee}.  Only by doing one of these options was I able to actually accept the payment.  I was pretty irritated with the whole process.  It would have been easier to just have the buyer send payment to me (since I've never had problems like this!) vs. sending them an invoice I guess.

Anyway, I'm guessing that there is a time period where the money is held in limbo until the seller validates this information - and then maybe after a certain time period it is just sent back to the seller...???  I have no idea, but that's just my guess if I udnerstand the situation correctly :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 04:33:11 AM »

As Tap Dancer said, you have sent her a PM, which is great. But also emailing her at her Paypal address is a great idea too. ;) 

This and this ^^ you have some good advice here :nod:  Hopefully she will respond to the email or the PM and then you'll be able to see where things went wrong , if the payment really did go through or not, and what to do next to get the payment to her. And she will be reassured that you are honest and genuine too. Let us know what she responds with and then we will be able to see how best to help you both  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal