collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Heads up about major UK delays.  (Read 313 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Heads up about major UK delays.
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »
The Royal Mail website lists that all over the country, delays are occurring due to many factors, such as a major branch for sorting shutting down and all facilities being moved to Swindon, and there is a prewarning that the 5th July, the Tour de France will result in huge delays with many roads being shut for a few days.

No wonder my post hasn't turned up :( that and the fact with the company being bought out, the service has become atrocious. Something was spilled on one of my parcels containing a Gameboy Advance Sp with Pokemon Red in it, resulting in my address being completely destroyed, and it being returned to the sender today, who is now having to send it again.  :huh: well done Royal Mail. I guess I should be grateful that it wasn't damaged since it is electronic. I'm so annoyed though since I sent the sender in a swap a pikachu plush on the 17th first class, and it still isn't there!

That and the fact that it is taking more than four days at a time for a first class parcel to get here, with none of my current parcels having arrived yet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:00:10 PM by Icecrystalline »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Heads up about major UK delays.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
That is just a standard service update. :) Honestly none of those are things which are going to have a dramatic effect on post, or anything by more than a day or two at best. Its something Royal Mail put out to cover their bottoms for guaranteed mail. People can follow service updates at http://www.royalmail.com/help-and-support/service-updates. Royal Mail will let you know about everything from a sorting office move to a truck arriving late at a trunk. Things like sorting offices are mentioned all the time and they seldom cause nationwide or even region wide issues.

The news is pretty good at keeping us up to date with anything major that is going to affect the postal system. The Tour De France is only in the UK for 2 and a bit days [one of which is a Sunday]...it cant shut down more roads than the Olympic and Commonwealth baton torch relays did or the Olympic games themselves. :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal