collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So I faceplant from my bike into the road and two angelic ladies help me out  (Read 922 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
So I was cycling along, it was wet and I just mis-judged the kerb and faceplanted! Owwwww. I have a grazed and cut eye and same to knee and right hand.  I was shaken and one lady who looked and sounded sort of like a slim, angelic looking Nigella Lawson led me through to her house and let me wash up in her bathroom.  She had a baby in arms which I smiled at, I thanked her and then I went out.  I wandered around to the pharmacy and they weren't very helpful, they just sold me some plasters and paracetamol but didn't offer to help dress the wound.  The pharmacist told me she didn't think it was bad enough to go back to the doctor. Just as blood was running into my eye and I thought 'this all seems a bit much' I saw that another lady was wearing a nurse's uniform and so I asked her if she thought I should go back to the doctor's. She looked upset that I wasn't really being helped and said she was a district nurse and happened to have all the useful stuff in her car! She sat me in the passenger seat and dressed my wounds all properly and we chatted.  She was a sweet pretty Scottish girl, totally angelic. I was so grateful I didn't have to go home and deal with it all myself.  I said it was "unimaginably nice of you to stop and sort me out" and gave her a hug to say thank you and honestly I can't believe my luck.  So it's one of those times when you feel really crappy, but then people help you out and it reaffirms your belief in the kindness of human nature.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
That's so lovely that people in this day in age still show unparalleled, instinctive kindness. I'm sorry you really hurt yourself though, that must have been nasty! :( thank goodness for people with good hearts.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
That is awesome that both ladies helped you out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
I'm glad there was someone around to help you out!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers!  I'm so glad they were there to help you.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
My goodness thankfully you were able to find help from that nurse right away!  *pony hugs*  Sad that the pharmacist didn't help, they do have the proper gloves behind the counter as they have to wear them while dispensing pills.

Honestly, though I avoid going near bleeding strangers.  I will call emergency services for them, but I don't carry medical gloves on my person at all times so I'm not likely to start first aid on them.  It's not personal but someone who has a communicable disease is probably  a bad idea to touch without proper procedure if they are bleeding or have open wounds.  Maybe I'm the one who has the disease and wouldn't want to touch someone else's open wounds...   People just are overly cautious when they don't know what's going on.

I hope you are feeling better soon!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
It does make you think. I think if I had a communicable disease I wouldn't have gone into the ladies house and I'd  have told the nurse. If it wasn't for the nurse I guess I'd just have been stuck with lame over the counter dressings and doing it myself. It would not have been the end of the world I suppose.  I just appreciate the good luck I had! Thanks for your good wishes everyone :)

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 11:08:24 AM

I am sore today so I told everyone I was going to stay in by myself... but my boyfriend just called me anyway and asked me if I want crispy duck from Yipee Noodle(s) and 4 seasons of FiM.  So nice of him to think of delivering these things to my door   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:08:24 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Love stories like this! Really, there are so many more of these stories but we so often only share the sad ones (well at least the news does). Thank you for sharing! So glad for people like those two ladies who helped you!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Man, im soo glad you were able to get help!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
It's my pleasure to share. And me too, me too!  I was sore and grumpy yesterday. my bruised tear duct kept leaking salt water into my cut but I re-dressed everything had a better nights sleep and today my friend Jean rang and invited me over for the evening. I just got back, drank a little too much  :wine: but never mind, cheers everyone!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I'm glad that you were able to things dressed swiftly and are in recovery. Falls like that are very painful! Sometimes people throw you for a loop! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Glad you're starting to feel better! Sounded like quite the accident! I hope you have a quick and trouble-free recovery.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
What a lovely story; I like hearing things like this.

I remember once I was in a pay-by-the-hour carpark. I got to the pay machine with enough time before it clocked over, but would the confounded thing accept my paper note? So with my *very* tired baby girl, I went all the way to my car to get some coins and back again. Then the stupid machine kept spitting my coins out. My daughter was crying in her pram by this stage and I was getting ever more frustrated. Then to make things worse, the pay machine clicked over onto the next hour and charged me another $4!!

I could have screamed.  The thing still wouldn't accept half my coins, baby started crying louder.... and then this really lovely gentleman came along to pay his parking and saw what was happening. He was paying by credit card, and he said, it's only a few dollars, let me take care of it for you. I could have cried over his kindness.

So yeah, in a world where so many people just don't care, it's nice to hear stories like yours, ArtemisiaFloc, that remind us that there are still a few gems out there  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal