collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: An Idea for G5  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: An Idea for G5
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
I would like to see a more traditionally oriented mlp line like G1 but honestly at this point I am not going to speculate..because it has been stated that at least for the moment G4 has a couple of years left to it.
I would like to see what they do with those and i would like to see a definate ending to the story.
We have all seen the pics of alicorn RD and alicorn FS.. and at least two other princess'
so they definately have something up their sleeves. as to what .. I am not going to speculate.. I came into G4 pretty much detesting it.. but its grown on me and so have the toys.
I am still fairy MEH about EQG for the moment. I got one of the twilight dolls and she was BALD.
no hair at all other than a thin layer. So i gave up on them.
I think i am going to wait and see where this generation goes and what if anything it becomes to be G5.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 06:54:05 PM »
I like the current theme as two different alternate realities. 

I'm curious what the reason will be for Twilight to go back to the EQG reality...

...or if there will ever be a Twilight vs. Twilight EQG smackdown erm...meeting?

svetilda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 02:00:37 AM »
I so agree with you!
I don't like dolls in general and refuse to buy EQG for DD because I don't like them.

I personally like them being kept as separate as possible, and my hope for G5 is that it will be more toy orientated again, rather than focusing more on the show. Like a modern G1. I don't want EQG or anything like them to become the "new gen" because they're not My Little PONY, they're a doll and they should be branded under Equestria Girls. Who knows what they'll actually do - I hear what you're saying but I really hope the dolls are kept more separate from the pony toyline.

QueenGusty

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 04:22:26 AM »
I personally wouldn't mind that storyline at all. I like a bit of darkness in with my cutie pie pastel ponies. It'd be like a magical girl storyline where the ponies have to fight to save their new home from the evil that destroyed their old! they could still divide the lines, have the single/multi packs ponies marketed as the super-heroey line and the EQg as the uber girly fashion and sopping line with the occasional multipack of the two. :D

Hey, I like my EQGs and i started out loathing them so biased maybe? BUT MORE PONYDOLLY OUTFITS IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

Carrie

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 04:36:29 AM »
This is just me personally, but I really dislike the Equestia girls. I refuse to buy the dolls totally. The thing that upsets me the most is that's all that's available I can't even really find any actual ponies in shops.

I would Really love for Hasbro to bring out ponies that look like G1's. :lovey:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 04:55:04 AM »
At the very least it would make an awesome mini-series!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »
In my personal opinion I really don't think Hasbro will want to go in that direction or else they might have jumped more on board with Faust's more action/adventure oriented idea for MLP
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 06:27:11 AM »
As I said, this is my response to the fact human doll versions of ponies look to be becoming a thing and might (but hopefully not) be the future of the brand.  I would rather see ponies more like G1 as well.  That would be the best case scenario.

And I think My Little Pony's image has changed a bit from when Faust was first brought on board.  But forget we were in the depths of G3.5.  Perhaps, now that the brand is more popular, Hasbro might be willing to get a little more adventurous with it.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 06:35:22 AM »
G5= Robot Ponies

:rofl:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 09:31:56 AM »
Personally I continue to hope that EQG are a just a little blip in the pony universe. Commercially they are simply Hasbros attempt to cash in on the popularity of unique lines like MH. Very few fashion doll lines last for multiple generations or an extended period of time - Barbie is the standard bearer and an exception and lines like Jem have long periods of inactivity; the nature of them being fashion products tends to make them a little faddy in nature.

The next generation of MLP will no doubt come with a different marketing package, a different cartoon and may well loose a lot of the fan base which seems to worship at the door of G4. For that reason I hope there is nothing to do with humans in the story and nothing to do with dolls in the toy line. Let Hasbro go and create another doll line for that market and just let MLP be...well...ponies.

As for the story, while I enjoy G1 and the adventure stories from the cartoons, I prefer the softer and more innocent tales which typically turned up in the books and comics and I actually prefer the innocent and wonderful world of G3 over G1. But then again, MLP has never been about the "story" for me; I dont need a specific pony world created in order to enjoy the line. Its about the toys for me; pastel coloured ponies with different symbols and names, sets and styles. I would be more than content with just the toys on shelves and the adverts on TV, over the cartoons. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal