collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which are your least favorite chores?

vacuuming
65 (6.5%)
dusting
86 (8.6%)
scrubbing the floor
85 (8.5%)
taking out garbage
65 (6.5%)
cleaning the bathroom
139 (13.9%)
cleaning the kitchen
47 (4.7%)
washing dishes
136 (13.6%)
laundry
55 (5.5%)
yard work
103 (10.3%)
cleaning pets and their messes
66 (6.6%)
decluttering
73 (7.3%)
cooking meals
60 (6%)
other
23 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 308

Author Topic: You load sixteen tons and what do you get?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: You load sixteen tons and what do you get?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 04:32:27 AM »
Washing the dishes. *shudder*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 04:34:29 AM »
Yeah, the only housework I loathe is ironing. I avoid it whenever possible. Everything else I'm pretty happy to do, especially anything in the garden.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:58 AM »
I actually quite enjoy washing dishes. Maybe I'm just odd  :P
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

blushingflutters

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 06:39:10 AM »
I actually quite enjoy washing dishes. Maybe I'm just odd  :P

You have a stomach of steal. I don't know what it is, maybe I'm a big chicken, but it makes me nauseous.
If only the darn washer wasn't broken and gross yuck!  :drunk:

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 07:31:43 AM »
Nothing bothers me enough that I refuse to do it... but I really dislike laundry, just because it's not something I can finish quickly and my husband is very paticular about how he hangs his work trousers.   :lol:  they must lay JUST so so they don't get wrinkles when they hang!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 07:36:54 AM »
Ok I think that I might be the odd ball out. I love to clean and  my house shows it. I do have to be careful though with not getting to much dust in the hair. I have really bad allergies and it also sets my asthma off to. Its the worst when I am trying to clean up the basement. ( its not finish at all)

I don't mind doing dishes as long as they are not sitting there for days letting everything dry really hard on them. And also as long as they don't have mold on them. But that is not a problem in my house. We do our dishes right after we are done eating threw that day.

Vacuuming is not to bad for me. I have a really old and new one. I like to use the old one cause it does not blow all the stuff into the hair. The new one is a piece of junk! It just blows all the stuff in the air no matter how much I clean it out. I don't handle that one at all. I have to go outside to get fresh air. I will be getting rid of the carpet in the next year or so so I will be good then :)

I love to clean the floors in my house and I love to dust. I take a wet wash cloth to do the dusting. I don't believe in dry dusting at all. I cant handle it and the stuff is just in the hair now!  I did my kitchen floor the other day and also put down and nice polish to make it nice and shinny! Its so pretty right now! :)

I don't mind taking out the trash and cleaning the kitchen along with the bathroom. Its had to be done and no one else will do it. I just don't let it get out of hand and then its not so bad. As for the trash I don't mind it either. I have a nice big trash can with wheels on it so its all good :)

Cleaning up after pets is a hard one for me though. I have Gerbils and I have to change there bedding every week. I have changed there kind of bedding about four times now. The first one made there noses bleed and it was horrible and make the house smell funny. The next few were so dusty that I could not even handle it and going into the room they were in. Now I have some stuff that is not cheap at all and its ok. Its still dusty and kind of smells weird! Its nice make out of paper and its weird. I do have a problem with here food though. There is a very fine dust that comes off it and I have a hard time breathing afterwards. So I have to deal with that stuff outside. When I am going to do there cages I have to take something for my allergies and take my asthma inhaler afterwards. I hate how I feel but I love them little guys and girls.   

Laundry is not to bad, but I have a hard time when it comes to putting it all away. I like to wait till there are five or more loads to put away. Not sure why I do that to myself.......LOL

Cooking meals is not to bad for me, I just have a hard time of thinking of new things to do. 

Decluttering!!!!! I love to do that! I don't like a lot of things around me and I don't have a lot of stuff left in my house anymore. My hunny and I don't like to have a lot of stuff and there is nothing on the floor that should not be. :) I grew up in a hoarding house and I hated it! When I moved out I cleaned and cleaned like crazy! I also think that I am a little bit OCD when it comes to stuff also. The most of one thing that I have in the house is ponies. If it was not for the ponies I would not have much at all! LOL

And last but not least! Is yard work! I hate yard work!!! I am very allergies to lots of stuff outside and I feel horrible if I have to mow the yard and even be around a running mower. Not sure why it all is but the smell of gas from it makes it hard for me to breath! I can pull weeds with gloves on my hands. I do love to have a nice yard but hard on me.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 07:54:46 AM »
Laundry. Especially in winter. It takes about 2 days to dry one load, hanging on a small clothes horse in front of our only heater. And as soon as it's dry, there's another 2 loads to be done... I hate ironing and putting clothes away, so the ironing normally gets done when I have 4 loads worth to be done... Then it all has to be put away. My couch tends to become our wardrobe till it's all pretty much ready to be washed again... And every night I have to cover it up so the cat doesn't sleep on it. I am so lazy!!! Vacuuming a close second, I always used to know I had to do it when I'd change my son's nappy and his poor little bum would have clumps of human and cat hair stuck to it :lol: also detest grocery shopping and putting it all away, and emptying the dishwasher - but those are cause it involves a lot of bending which totally screws my back. Think I need to win lotto so I can build a self cleaning house!!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 08:55:19 AM »
I must admit I have a love-hate relationship with cleaning the house so I keep trying to change the way I clean. I think I have found some ways to accommodate my hoarding tendencies and my perfectionist, slightly ocd-adhd self!

I just clean the little things that my senses notice.....I take the trash out if it smells a little funny whether or not it's full....watermelon peels smell awful in the heat....so do broccoli trimmings....

If the counter in the bathroom needs to be wiped off...I do it. I just do things in little 5-minute spurts. So I don't clean the whole bathroom just what needs to be done. Maybe just the toilets or just the mirrors. I have given up on cleaning a whole room...Never gonna happen with me. I wait for just the right time...and that time never happens....I just do the little things I see.

I am working with the kids on cleaning their toys better....legos can be a pain to clean but are much more painful to step-on.

Oddly enough I have been watching "hoarders" and that got me going on finding new ways to clean and keep my collecting under control. *looks at the pony shelf*

Avene, I with you when it comes to asthma and allergies. Some cleaning sets them off and then I can clean no more.

I am lucky to live in a town home complex with a small yard and the complex gardeners take care of things! No outdoor work for me thank God!

We have no basement....but the attic...ugh

Hahaha self cleaning house. I have seen some house with built in vacuum cleaners....I gotta drag mine around the house. ^.^

Good luck all. XD

:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 09:17:44 AM »
I must admit I have a love-hate relationship with cleaning the house so I keep trying to change the way I clean. I think I have found some ways to accommodate my hoarding tendencies and my perfectionist, slightly ocd-adhd self!

I just clean the little things that my senses notice.....I take the trash out if it smells a little funny whether or not it's full....watermelon peels smell awful in the heat....so do broccoli trimmings....

If the counter in the bathroom needs to be wiped off...I do it. I just do things in little 5-minute spurts. So I don't clean the whole bathroom just what needs to be done. Maybe just the toilets or just the mirrors. I have given up on cleaning a whole room...Never gonna happen with me. I wait for just the right time...and that time never happens....I just do the little things I see.

I am working with the kids on cleaning their toys better....legos can be a pain to clean but are much more painful to step-on.

Oddly enough I have been watching "hoarders" and that got me going on finding new ways to clean and keep my collecting under control. *looks at the pony shelf*

Avene, I with you when it comes to asthma and allergies. Some cleaning sets them off and then I can clean no more.

I am lucky to live in a town home complex with a small yard and the complex gardeners take care of things! No outdoor work for me thank God!

We have no basement....but the attic...ugh

Hahaha self cleaning house. I have seen some house with built in vacuum cleaners....I gotta drag mine around the house. ^.^

Good luck all. XD

Hear ya on that one, I also have to be careful with what products that I use. Some of that stuff out there is way to strong for me :(

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
I HATE washing windows.  No matter what I do, they never look clean so it's really unsatisfactory and tedious.

I hate taking out the garbage.  It's always the last thing I do before I take a shower because I never feel clean after I do it.

I also despise cooking.  I never have any ideas for meals and I really, really hate touching raw meat or getting meat germs anywhere.  Ugggh it totally disgusts me.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 02:22:05 PM »
I don't mind doing rinsing the dishes, and I'm fine with unloading the dishwasher, but I HATE HATE HATE loading the dishwasher.  HATE it!

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 03:02:31 PM »
I'm surprised laundry isn't higher up on the list... I DESPISE LAUNDRY and everything about it!  I love clean clothes, but I HAAATE going downstairs in the basement to do laundry.  I wash everythign in cold water so I don't have to separate anything.  Unfortunately, I don't want to hang up all of the clothes to have htem air dry (don't have the space for that), but I can't exactly dry all my clothes cause some will shrink.  I'll take some out of the washer and then dry them for about 5-7 minutes to get at least some of the wetness out...then I'll hang those up and then throw the remainder in the dryer.  Then there's the fact of waiting for the hanging clothes to dry off and having to bring all of them upstais.  Then putting them away....YUCK!  That's probably the worst.  Everything about laundry (except the nice clean clothes at the end) sucks!

I also chose decluttering.  I like stuff out so I know where everything is.  Whenever I put stuff away, I never know where I put it - AND I don't know where to put stuff half the time.  I'm afraid to get rid of a lot of stuff in case I need it in the future.  Ah well.  HATE it.

I also chose vacuuming though it's not nearly as bad as decluttering or laundry.

Blech.  I hate cleaning in general.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »
Dusting. I hate dusting. I also hate dust........

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
Wow. It's a pretty even vote. Looks like us pony collectors are not a fan of chores on the whole, lol. I personally dislike cooking and cleaning the kitchen. I also leave the bathroom to hubby whenever I get the chance ;)

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »
I can't stand vacuuming. I just got a job working at a fancy hotel, and part of my job involves vacuuming the entire floor of the restaurant- daily. Add to that the fact that I hate the provided vacuum cleaner, and the floor of the restaurant is covered in chairs and tables to navigate... :yikes:

We also have chickens, and they like to roost on the rail of the back porch and poop all over the stairs and concrete. Hosing and scrubbing the it away isn't really all that fun, and... they never stop pooping! :freak:
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal