collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The 'Less is More' Thread  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
The 'Less is More' Thread
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:40:43 AM »
I know some of you are very lucky to have enough space (or even a whole room!) to display your ponies. But others have to be glad they have at least a small place to keep all their ponies cluttered. For that reason, some people prefer to keep certain ponies. If you are one of those people, this is your thread.
How many ponies do you have? Where do you keep them? Do you want to expand your collection? Do you wish for more space? Do you collect only certain ponies, which ones?
I'll ask those questions if someone is interested  :P

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: The 'Less is More' Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:47 AM »
While my collection is *kind of* substantial (I have about 100), I only have two shelves right now to cram them onto. My collection used to be more than 300 ponies (I still have some, packed away at my parents').
I'd love to have more space for mine later so that I can expand again. I'd love a room. Hobby/collection room. I've been collecting in sets lately. Right now I'm finishing my "last" set (TEs), just missing Speedy. Then I'm not supposed to continue, but I probably will... ;)
Sorry if my collection is too big to fit into this thread ^^'
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:57:54 AM »
Same with me. I have about 100, had 400ish. Had to cut down hugely. Sold off lots, traded lots for other not pony things. I have no space at all to siplsay more than ten, so the rest live in a ten litre box on my floor :P

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:12:31 AM »
Same here.. I have about 150-200 ish.. My father gave me two really nice plastic shelves and they are on either side of my little ac unit up in my loft. They are actually the perfect size for ponies and fit in my room really well. HOnestly i usually only buy the ponies i can afford.. so my collection isnt that big.. but i love em all!

divalei

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »
How many ponies do you have? Where do you keep them? Do you want to expand your collection? Do you wish for more space? Do you collect only certain ponies, which ones?
I'll ask those questions if someone is interested  :P

I currently have about 160 ponies, not sure though. And to be honest, I'm quite shocked. So many ponies. Most of the ponies are in my bedroom (I have a bookshelf just for them and other pony related stuff) and the rest of the herd are in my living room. Some are on the bookshelves which is bit inconvenient if I need a book behind the pony... And the others are just on the floor.

My collection is expanding slowly. I do have a wishlist (not too long but long enough) and I want those ponies. Of course, I have some ponies outside my wishlist but the price was cheap enough. But I try to buy wishlist ponies. Ponies outside of it are just extra. And I probably won't buy ponies after I've got all ponies from my wishlist. I guess the total would be something like over 200. I don't want huge collection. And every now and then, I'm downsizing my collection.

Having enough space is always a problem to me and I'll be moving to smaller apartment (probably), so having enough space for all of my books, ponies and figurines will be a problem but I'll worry it then.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:22:02 AM by divalei »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
I'm one of those people.  :3
I have maybe 50, maybe 60, (guess I should count)

I have all (almost) of the g1s I want and all of the g3s I want.  I have lots of g4s, but they take up less space so ya.

everyone once in a while a find new homes for ones that I'm not 100% in love with.  but it's fun, I think of myself as a Pony Halfway House.

Ariadna

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:38:03 AM »
I have less than 30 actual MLP, I would love to collect more and have a hobby room, but being jobless and living in a small cottage makes that a tad hard. Currently my lovelies live in my display cabinet with my nannas old fine china, I think they look nice together. I mostly collect fakies, around 200 at the moment, some live on my dressing table while the others live in a storage tub until I can find room to display them, whenever in the future that may be.

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 06:51:32 AM »
I have about 40 ponies in my adult collection currently. :)  I live in a small apartment with my boyfriend and don't really have a lot of space.  (I probably had hundreds in my childhood collection, but I sold a large number of them.  I do still have some of my childhood ponies stored at my parents' house.)  Also, I have to store my ponies in containers to protect them from my naughty cat; I'm sure he'd love to steal a baby pony or two.   >_<

I only collect G1s and I only collect G1s that I like.  Most of the ponies still left on my want-list are mail order, harder to find, or weren't released in the USA.  Even though the ponies I'm after tend to be a bit more expensive (particularly considering international shipping costs), my collection is steadily growing.  As I've learned about various UK/European release ponies and Nirvanas (especially the super colorful Argies) that I never knew existed, my want list has grown considerably instead of shrinking.    :lol:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 07:03:39 AM »
at the beginning of my collection, when I discovered all the ponies existing, I bought a lot more than 200 but I did not have the space and so do not really enjoy them. So I have though a lot and then I have concentrated my collection, I love nirvanas, and specially moc, I have really less ponies but I have now more space for them  ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »
I definately have a lack of space. My ponyverse is under the writing link in my sig, its the equivalent of a list of ponies in my collection. Not sure what the number is though :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 07:29:52 AM »
How many ponies do you have?
Not counting my wife's Pinkie Pies and custom baits, probably under 30. With my wife's... probably at least twice that, maybe more.

Where do you keep them?
I have them kinda scattered, but all on shelves, if that makes sense. So 4 shelves around the apartment.. (we're barely 550 sqft!)

Do you want to expand your collection?
I do! I would love to get every single pony I like, but with all my collections, I have to stick to "only dolls" or "only this character". For example, I have an overflowing bananna box full of my Spectra Vondergeist dolls. No room to display them because they're MIB...
I have my Mew, Alphonse Elric, Parasite Eve collections all packed away, too.

Do you wish for more space?
Yes, we just moved from having something like 1700 sqft, but the rent is cheaper and space is managable here. We really want a starter home, but we can barely keep ourselves fed with our current bills...

Do you collect only certain ponies, which ones?
I only actively collect :muffin: Pony Hooves and Bon Bon / Sweetie Drops, but I've also amassed a collection of Funko glitters and Lyra Heartstrings...
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »
I have 1000+ ponies but sadly I have no room to display anyone with the exception of just a few MOCs :( They are all stored in boxes/cupboards/drawers... which is sad! One day I will have a place to display them all I hope!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:46:41 AM »
Oh I forgot to say about collecting certain ponies...

yes I collect boys and ponies mostly yellow ones and ... a mountain boy thats orange ;)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
I feel that I had a small collection to, but after reading what all of you have posted I don't feel like that anymore. Last time I was able to count them all I was at about 359 ponies. I have them in glass curio cabinets right now. It really hard to see them all cause they are packed in there! We are in the process of working out our basement and getting it done. So I cant have them all out like I would love to. I do have room for them all right now but I don't want to use it. I am a person that does not like a lot of stuff around me. I will be luck and have a room just for my ponies. I feel very lucky to be able to have one when it done.  But I do know that I will still limit myself and watch what I get.
I did have a wish or wanted list in the past but did away with it. I found it was very stressful on me to have it. I was always looking for the ponies that I wanted. After I got rid of it I can look around the internet at ponies and only buy what I see is a good price. :)   

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
Hmmm, my G1 collection is sort of careening towards the 100 pony mark, and then there's a few G3 and G4 BB on top of that, and all in one two-shelved vitrine closet. I hope to move to a larger home in the next two or three years, where I hope to get a larger closet for the ponies- but for now it's a modest little space I'm trying not to cram too full XD
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal