collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need some help.....  (Read 428 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I need some help.....
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:54 PM »
I sold something on eBay and sent it about three weeks ago. It went media mail as it was DVDs. I never had a problem before, so I was stupid and didn't get insurance.

Turns out I didn't put the apartment number on the address (yes I am a moron) and it came up misdelivered. It was on it's way back but then the USPS tried to deliver it again. Then it came back towards me and was at our nearest sort facility, so I was happy and figured it would finally be here this week. I wake up this morning, track it, and see that it's seven hours away in the opposite direction of both me and my buyer.

I am freaked out because it's $80 worth of movies and my buyer is irritated. I will admit I am at fault here, but I am really annoyed at how the USPS cannot seem to get this box back to me.

My buyer is getting annoyed and I don't blame her. I cannot refund her until a week from now and I am very afraid she's going to try to get me in trouble or give me my first negative.

I am frustrated and need to vent. I'm terrified this package is in limbo. I cannot believe how horrible the US postal service is.
Every time I try to call them I am on hold for over an hour and never get anyone. D:   I am wanting to pull my hair out!

Anyone have any input or stories to share?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help.....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »
I understand the buyer is furious. I mean 80 bucks...that's nearly 100 bucks down the drain.

Since you have a tracking number, I would call the post office. They are probably confused about the package. Tell them to send it straight back to you so you can put the correct apt number(i wouldn't trust them putting the number on it manually theirselves)

I would also give a partial refund to the inconvenience(shipping and a slight discount of the dvds) to the buyer. I would have asked her about how I would make it right, but then I'm afraid she'll want the dvds for free. :huh:

Just remember, you can respond to negative feedback. Not sure about neutral.

Also, just take it as experience. Next time it won't happen:)
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
Just remember, you can respond to negative feedback. Not sure about neutral.

You can respond to any type of feedback, even positive :)

I am sorry you are having to deal with USPS issues :( When I have had issues in the past I have used this form on their website:
http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/faq.jsp?ef=USPSFAQ&dest=EmailUs

I generally get a call back the same day (if a weekday during business hours) or e-mail within a couple of days. If you know which sorting facility it is at, make sure you list that specific one under the part where it asks you where the problem occurred.

The best thing you can do is keep in contact with your buyer and assure them that you are doing as much as possible to correct the situation. An apology and kind word can go a long way. :) In the future I would recommend insuring any package that you do not want to take a loss for.

I once had an item get stuck in the same sorting facility for over 10 days that was literally RIGHT next to where the buyer lived. It kept saying depart then processed through and the cycle continued to loop until I filled out that form on USPS's website (I imagined it just going round and round on a conveyer belt getting scanned in and out  :P). It was delivered the next day.

Another time I sent an expensive textbook (this wasn't on eBay). The USPS tracking number showed it as delivered but the buyer insisted it wasn't and started to get very pushy about it, threatening to report me. I was frustrated with the situation but gave the buyer a refund anyway. 6 or 7 months later I get a package... It was the textbook that was supposedly "delivered" with a note that the buyer never came to pick it up...  I seriously just had to laugh at the whole situation.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words and support. The package is on it's way back to her again. I have been calling the sort facility it's at but no one every answers. :(  We are both working to get this package to her. I was the one taking all the initiatives but now she's trying to get a hold of her post office so they hold the package for her. I'm hoping it works.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal