collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie Id help  (Read 265 times)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Fakie Id help
« on: June 22, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »
So I went carbooting for ponies this morning and actually managed to get a few surprisingly

But I also picked up this fakie in a bag with one of the ponies that I bought. I have tried looking on quite a few of the normal fakie id sites and cannot find her. so I was just wondering if anyone on here would have some information on her.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here she is standing next to a g2 that I also bought.(please excuse the scruffiness of her she is still in need of spar treatment for well everything but for 10p what do you expect0

Any information would be much appreciated  :satisfied:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Fakie Id help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
She is either one of the late Chap Mei's, or is an older same-mould copy. There should be "chap mei' on her hooves or belly if she is the real deal - the symbols are all the same on the later ponies from that line, and on the first ponies that came out after they appear to have sold the brand. Chap meis, and even chap mei fakies (the good ones, like this one is if it's a fakie of a fakie) are pretty sought after here so I've found - all of mine have found new homes pretty quickly, even in bad condition.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
Those ponies are usually called Chap Mei fakies, since they were cast from a mold made from Chap Mei unicorns. You can tell they're fakies because of the symbol; Chap Mei ponies didn't have symbols (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) and besides that, that symbol is very common for fakies. (I call it the ragweed symbol)

Edit: Stormness is right, they had symbols.  I completely forgot about them - I can even see the big-leafed clover that some had in my head!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:27:28 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure most of my childhood chap meis had symbols (I discovered them in the later years). I know that there are are earlier ones without, their babies were also larger than the newer ones for some reason (I'm guessing they reduced the baby size so the ring saddles would fit them) The older ones had multiple hair colours(? at least mine did) and no symbols, then changed to unique symbols with some with multi hair colours, then went to one hair colour (usually same as body colour) and that same symbol pictured, before selling off the mould to what appeared to be a dollar store supplier, because that was where I got my fakies.
The fakies also had body colour matching hair colour for the most part, and their symbol was slightly more blurry (and usually navy-coloured), as well as being without the chap mei stamp and the baby pony. They were a squishier, thinner plastic too, or in some cases a more brittle thin plastic. The eyes were often mis-aligned, too.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 02:53:44 PM »
Oh she is quite cute this one! I really do like her colours :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
Thank you for all the information.

i think she is real sweet looking for a fakie so can go in my little fakie collection once she gets a bath

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal