collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boiling ponies and Petal Doves batteries?  (Read 425 times)

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Boiling ponies and Petal Doves batteries?
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
I have two g1 ponies TE Sweetstuff and glittermark Majesty, that suffer from pony cancer. The treatment is boiling but I can't find any tutorials on how to do it. I don't wan't to boil them just to notice that they'll get damaged by it.
Other thing I would like to know is what type of batteries does so soft baby Petal Dove use? Are they the same as Good Morning Sunshine uses?

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Boiling ponies and Petal Doves batteries?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »
I don't know about the batteries, but this is a great site for pony restoration :)
http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ackryllis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:59:14 AM »
I've tried looking through the site but feel like it's a bit of a maze. In the cancer part it says to boil with oxiclean but doesn't say anything else. I'd like to know if the said method has any harmfull sides to it like, will the mane, eyes or glitter survive this. And will the kettle used for boiling be usable after boiling as oxiclean is rather toxic or harmfull.

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »
And will the kettle used for boiling be usable after boiling as oxiclean is rather toxic or harmfull.
I was concerned about this too- what I did was boil a pot on the stove and have a big bucket in the sink. I poured the boiling water into the bucket in the sink and added the Oxyclean to the bucket. The water stayed really really hot for a long time, and it did what I wanted it to. The bucket is my "junk" bucket for car soap, dying fabric, etc.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »
Unfortunately you can't really cure cancer. You could try sun fading  to lighten it a bit. I wouldn't boil a TE. Majesty is common enough that if you really wanted to boil her restoring her symbols would be really easy. Just make sure that if you get either pony wet that you give them ample time to dry before you put them back together.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 06:47:40 PM »
I have G3 baby Rose Blossom MIB.  Her box says she uses 3 AAA batteries.

Offline Ackryllis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 05:07:08 AM »
Thank you all for your answers. I think I won't boil them. I'll just put majesty in a relly hot water because she has mold inside of her. Gross I know.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
Unfortunately you can't really cure cancer. You could try sun fading  to lighten it a bit. I wouldn't boil a TE. Majesty is common enough that if you really wanted to boil her restoring her symbols would be really easy. Just make sure that if you get either pony wet that you give them ample time to dry before you put them back together.

I ll second this. :) Ageing/cancer is a break down of the plastic - there is no way to fix it [although sun fading can temporarily clear the stain caused by the break down]. With the glitter symbols and the coating on Sweet Stuff's eyes, I personally would leave them as is.

As for Petal Dove - she just uses 3 x AA batteries. Pretty much the most common battery type you will be able to pick up in stores.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ackryllis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 02:31:47 AM »

I ll second this. :) Ageing/cancer is a break down of the plastic - there is no way to fix it [although sun fading can temporarily clear the stain caused by the break down]. With the glitter symbols and the coating on Sweet Stuff's eyes, I personally would leave them as is.

As for Petal Dove - she just uses 3 x AA batteries. Pretty much the most common battery type you will be able to pick up in stores.
I knew before hand that it's uncurable. It's in every page about pony cancer. But it was suggested that boiling will slow down the process or even stop it as some believe its a type of mould causing it.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 10:45:34 AM »

I knew before hand that it's uncurable. It's in every page about pony cancer. But it was suggested that boiling will slow down the process or even stop it as some believe its a type of mould causing it.

Its been a long time since mould has been offered up as a cause for the issue. BlackCurtains, our eminent scientist on the boards, did find bacteria on an age spot; but it was dead bacteria and whether it was there before the breakdown, whether it caused the breakdown or whether it appeared after the breakdown we dont know. Its a physical break down in the plastic - although what starts it, whether its an outside factor or just general plastic break down, we dont know for certain. Boiling would hopefully kill any mould but even if the mould had started the break down of the plastic, killing off the original cause wont stop it spreading because the break down has already started.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal