collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone ever ordered from Build a Bear online?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever ordered from Build a Bear online?
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
My fiancé ordered a Toothless for me on Saturday and I haven't had a shipped email yet? Or does it just kind of arrive? What's your experiences? I'm wondering how stuffed he's gonna be.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline mellowhen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever ordered from Build a Bear online?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
I ordered a stuffed Spike for my boyfriend not long ago from BaB. It came quickly and was stuffed/ stitched very well. There was a confirmation email though- not sure why you haven't received one yet.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
I have issues ordering online there.  I don't have a credit card and if I have to order online I either use store gift cards or something like an American Express Gift Card.  Apparently even though it says you can use a build a bear gift card to make purchases you still need a credit card.  Amazon and Walmart don't require credit card information.  I had my Dad use his credit card and even though it has money on it it was denied and he had to call the credit card company to confirm he did indeed make the purchase as it was assumed it was fraud protection.  A build a bear rep told my Dad his card should work in an hour and it didn't.  He tried again the next day and it was denied again.  A kind member here offered to use her card and I would have given her my build a bear gift cards to compensate and hers said the same thing.  She even tried paypal and it wouldn't work.  This was when I was trying to get Rarity.  The member who tried to purchase Rarity for me and I pretty much assumed their website is outdated when it comes to ordering online.  It sucks, because I was going to get Zecora since she's an online exclusive but after seeing her pictures I wasn't impressed.  Her mohawk isn't high enough for starters.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:44:56 PM by Majesty »

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »
I've ordered from them 3 times online now, third order is on its way, and I've never had a problem.  All are well stuffed.  I have always gotten a confirmation e-mail, though.

Did you check your spam folder?  I've had a couple end up in there I think (with gmail).

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 02:12:48 PM »
I can't remember if they sent a shipped email or not but I know you can go on their website and if you have an account you can track your order....or even if you don't you can still track your order as a guest. It will tell you whether it is processing...packed....or shipped. If I remember correctly it did take a few days for them to ship out.

And it depends on who stuffs it...I have had some arrive that are very soft..almost too soft...and others that were super stuffed and stiff. But the good thing is you can always take it to a build a bear and have it fixed the way you want it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:14:54 PM by Gloomygirl777 »

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »
My sister Hannah and I ordered our Fluttershy and SweetieBelle online, I don't remember if we got a "shipped" email or not, but I know they did arrive in a decent time frame and were stuffed perfectly (in my opinion).

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
I haven't but congrats on your future Toothless!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
I think I read that several people had the same problem on Facebook. The BaB team told them to contact them to confirm the order went through, maybe that's worth a shot?

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »
I've been collecting BABs since about 2007. Prior to the release of Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, I had only been to a store twice. The vast majority of my BABW purchases have been online.

I've always been happy with how my animals are stuffed. When you place an order online there is a box for special instructions. Use that to request how much stuffing you want.

You should have received an "order confirmation" email shortly after you placed your order. Then they will email you again after your package has shipped. They have been including tracking on all packages lately. That info should be in the shipment confirmation email.

The "Bearhouse" is in Ohio. That's just one state over from me so I get my packages in about 4 days. Oh, wait. I now see that you're in the UK. Yeah, I have no idea where your "Bearhouse" is.

sailorstitch

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone!! I tried guest tracking, but it just keeps asking me to sign in. I sent them an email last night though, so hopefully they'll reply today. I'm just afraid I won't get him, because he's sold out now, and not due back till autumn

Rainsong

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »
I've never had issues, either, but I'm in the US. I've always used my bank-given debit card.

You can order them unstuffed, then take them in and stuff them to get the "proper" stuffing-ness, or put in the special order things like "stuffed to be able to stand up", "needs to be huggable, not overly stuffed" etc

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:52:33 PM »
I had a confirmation email earlier today, it's been shipped!! Thanks everyone for you help.

Offline mellowhen

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
I had a confirmation email earlier today, it's been shipped!! Thanks everyone for you help.

That's good news! Please take a photo of him when he arrives, we all want to see :D

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:53 AM »
He arrived today!!

With a lovely note too :)

Offline mellowhen

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
OH MY GOD

Soooo cute!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal