collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Maleficent  (Read 1116 times)

jemboi

• Trade Count: (0)
Maleficent
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
I saw the movie and really enjoyed it, so much so that I went out and bought most of the movie related dolls. Here's what I have so far...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:36:14 AM by jemboi »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Maleficent
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:57:11 PM »
Ooh, they're lovely! How do you feel about their quality?

I loved the movie as well, and I too was instantly filled with a desire to acquire gobs of merchandise for it. XD But I have my heart set on the set with Maleficent and Diaval, which TRU is being HORRIBLE about (they started it at $30, which I would have gladly paid had it been in stock, then they bumped it to $40, and then $50 by the time they actually got it back in stock! The nerve. :mad: ). I also must have a set of those glow horns. Hopefully I will come across them in person, or find a good price online.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
Ohhhhh, I adored the movie!!! :lovey: First time I've gone to the theater more than once in one week to see the same movie in over a decade!! :momiji:

I also just purchased a couple of Maleficent dolls from the Disney store, today as a matter of fact! XD  I purchased both the "Film Collection Maleficent" as well as the "Classic Maleficent" doll! (That wasn't all I ordered, but that's another thread! :D ) I can't wait to get them!! :happy:

Congrats on your girls!!

Let's see More of Maleficent!!!!!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:47:02 PM »
I loved the movie too!  I have only picked up one doll so far, but I definitely hope to get more.  Thanks for sharing so many pics of yours!!!

#100happydays  #day23 #maleficent #disney #doll #angelinajolie #gorgeous #playswithdolls by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

~Rodan+Fields~

jemboi

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
Ooh, they're lovely! How do you feel about their quality?

I loved the movie as well, and I too was instantly filled with a desire to acquire gobs of merchandise for it. XD But I have my heart set on the set with Maleficent and Diaval, which TRU is being HORRIBLE about (they started it at $30, which I would have gladly paid had it been in stock, then they bumped it to $40, and then $50 by the time they actually got it back in stock! The nerve. :mad: ). I also must have a set of those glow horns. Hopefully I will come across them in person, or find a good price online.
Maleficent herself seems to be good quality but I must admit that Aurora leaves a little bit to be desired. Her dress is beautiful and very nice but her actual body is a bit cheap, the legs anyway. If the dress wasn't so pretty and didn't cover them up I'd be more upset by it. I still need to get my hands on the gift set and Disney store exclusives.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:33:58 PM »
I loved that movie. I held the Maleficent doll in my hands a week or so ago. I didn't have the money at the time but I'm kicking myself because I haven't seen her since.

Nice collection btw.

I hadn't seen that two pack before. I don't know if it's worth the 50 dollar price tag though.

Offline werepuppy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
Ooh, I love your collection! I really enjoyed the Maleficent movie, and was lucky enough to get the two Disney Store doll releases for the movie. I do admit, though, I did order the Royal Coronation two-pack online, because Maleficent with wings and Diaval. I think I payed about £50 including shipping for it, which I don't think was too bad because they don't seem to be stocking the two-pack in the UK. (Just watch, I'll pop into Hamleys in Glasgow, and it'll turn out the two pack was there all along. Though, Hamleys is a little on the pricy side so, maybe not such a big worry)

In the Disney Dolls thread, someone mentioned that they hoped they made a LE doll for the movie; I think there might be an LE Maleficent coming for the Sleeping Beauty re-release, but I'd really love to see a Jolie version.

Also; has anyone seen pictures of the upcoming Hot Toys Maleficent? They're on the facebook page. Like with most Hot Toys release, I weep, wishing I had the money.

Tagi

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:54:11 PM »
That Hot Toys Maleficent is amazing! (Just saw it on the Hot Toys website) Do we know how we will be able to get one and a price point?

jemboi

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
I don't think she's out until next year. I've never ordered from Hot Toys before. Can you not order from their website?

Tagi

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
I didn't see an place to order, but if she is only a prototype at this point there wouldnt be one. I hope they ship to my country :/

Edit: I think you have to buy through their distributers?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:21:08 PM by Tagi »

jemboi

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »
I took a couple of pics of my Maleficent dolls and had a little fun with them. Maybe I have too much time on my hands... :P

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:03:57 AM by jemboi »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »
Great pictures, Jemboi!

I want toooo many Maleficent items. XD I decided I must have this doll:

http://experiencethemistress.com/jakks-pacific-maleficent-winged-fairy-collector-doll-sdcc-2014-toys-r-us-exclusive/

I love that she has her wings AND her horns in her traditional black wrapped look, and I always thought those boots were too pretty to hide! She looks ready to get things done in those smart leather pants! She's also nicely different from the DS doll, which was a failing of the original Jakks Pacific doll, I feel - their differences are pretty understated, I couldn't really justify buying them both for my collection. Similarly, I've decided I definitely need DS 2014 Classic Maleficent, because I love the black glitter, which makes me wonder if I really need the 2013 non-glittery version...I'm just not sure!

I continue to want the 2-pack with Diaval (why must it continue to be $50 :cry:) and the Infinity figure of Maleficent a LOT, and I'm sorely tempted by the $35 DS Maleficent. I just feel she's perhaps slightly overpriced, considering I could get, like, 3 Monster High dolls for that much money. I also want the new Mattel Maleficent doll. I just wish I didn't have to buy a 2-pack with Aurora to get her - I don't need any Aurora dolls. And I still need to buy the latest Mattel Ursula! :faint:

Finally, I have a serious want for these ridiculous things: http://experiencethemistress.com/jakks-pacific-disney-maleficent-glow-horns-2014/ Pretty glow horns! I actually had them in my hands, but I'm worried that they wouldn't fit on my head, being plastic and designed for children and all. :blush: Does anyone have these?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
I finally saw the movie too! Really liked it!

I have been trying very hard to resist the very strong urge to buy these dolls... specifically I love the "Disney Film Collection" doll that is on Disneystore.com...

and wow, that TRU SDCC doll, she is amazing! WIll have a very hard time resisting her

But seriously, I have too many dolls right now! (thanks in no small part to Jem!)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:16 PM »
oooh I am in love with Aroras face! Its got that vintage doll feel to it!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal