collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have ARRIVED!  (Read 812 times)

carma08

• Trade Count: (0)
I have ARRIVED!
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Carma08. I just recently became obsessed with G4 ponies in May of 2014, but I always had a thing for horses since I was a little girl (then again what little girl hasn't) and dolls in general. When I turned 18, my focus was school and paying off debt, so my toy collecting came to a halt. At 30 years old, I decided to continue collecting again. It all started when I went to Build-a-Bear Workshop and fell in love. I was not a fan of G4s at first. My first set of G4s came from the 2014 McDonalds collection.  Out of all the ponies I have collected so far, Funkos and Build-a-Bears are my favorite. I am slowly building my collection of toys which also include Monster High, Ever After High, and of course Barbie, which I am super excited about. It is nice to view forums like this, because it's not easy finding adults who like toys as much as you do without thinking you're weird. I definitely enjoy viewing forums and blogs within the pony and Funko communities. I look forward to reading y'alls' posts and may eventually do some posts aside from this one on my own.

Kind Regards,

Carma08  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:50:51 PM by carma08 »

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
Re: I have ARRIVED!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:03:14 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena! :D I'm sure you'll like it here, and your cheeriness seems to be a very contagious! :D
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:19:33 AM »
Welcome to the arena!

I've started to like the funkos myself.   :shocked:  I resisted for so long because I disliked that they didn't have hair I could brush and style.   But then... glitter funkos!!   :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:40:41 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

carma08

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena! :D I'm sure you'll like it here, and your cheeriness seems to be a very contagious! :D

Aww, well thank you!

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 12:17:47 PM

Welcome to the arena!

I've started to like the funkos myself.   :shocked:  I resisted for so long because I disliked that they didn't have hair I could brush and style.   But then... glitter funkos!!   :lol:

Yeah, I hear ya. I definitely thought I was going to be a huge brushables fan vs show-accurate figures, but the show-accurate ones grew on me very quickly. And I absolutely love the glitters. They're so flipping hard to find. So far, all I have in glitter is: Rainbow Dash, :muffin: Pony, and a Twilight I found at Hot Topic.

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 12:19:05 PM

Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:

Why thank you! :)

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 12:23:38 PM

Welcome to the arena :)

Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:23:38 PM by carma08 »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:19:41 AM »
Hi and welcome :wave:

It's great you have joined us. We are all a little weird (well, to outsiders, lol!) so feel free to jump right in and get chatting about ponies, dolls and toys in general.  I am nearing 40 and my house looks like a toy shop, lol :frolic:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! How great to be able to come back to collecting ponies after so long :) Even more to appreciate about them. I hope you have a good time around the boards.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

carma08

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
Hi and welcome :wave:

It's great you have joined us. We are all a little weird (well, to outsiders, lol!) so feel free to jump right in and get chatting about ponies, dolls and toys in general.  I am nearing 40 and my house looks like a toy shop, lol :frolic:

My closet is getting to be that way. I would start displaying in my room, but I'm moving soon, so no point. But any who, I feel so at home here in the arena. *Hugs*  :lol:

Post Merge: June 18, 2014, 11:02:09 PM

Welcome to the Arena! How great to be able to come back to collecting ponies after so long :) Even more to appreciate about them. I hope you have a good time around the boards.

Oh yes, I am really excited. My niece is 7 and she says she can't wait to be a grown up so she can buy all of the toys she wants. I told her I had to wait a long time to be able to do what I do and that I didn't just get what I want anytime that I wanted. As a result it made me appreciate the toys that I had when I was little. My mom always commented on how well I took care of my toys vs my bedroom, lol. And the best part of toy collecting so far for me has been surfing the boards, because you get word on the latest merchandise. I have a checklist.  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:02:09 PM by carma08 »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »
welcome to the arena!
I have a coworker who was never much into ponies because she had real horses...i still love my ponies!! lol!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  Got to see the BAB in person the other day and they are rather nice but I like the Funkos the best.  That and the Blind Bags.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal