collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: USPS package  (Read 811 times)

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
USPS package
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »
OK..............so I ordered a dvd off ebay for my husband (specifically for fathers day) and the package tracking showed it as being delivered on the 12th. Which is wonderful except problem being..it was not delivered. I checked my mailbox twice and it never came. I have had numerous problems with my mail carrier.......and I thought she might deliver it today so I waited and still nothing. I called the post office...she said she will speak with her tomorrow and call me...which probably means that I will have to call again tomorrow.

I am incredibly annoyed at this point but overall I am more worried about the fact that I won't be able to get my money back if I can't locate this package because it is showing as being delivered. And the most annoying part is that in order for it to show that it was delivered she would have had to have scanned it ....and I know that she didn't deliver it. UGHHHH.

Is there anything I can do????

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: USPS package
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
Did you get any resolve to this?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:37:45 AM »
No not yet. I have talked to the post office several times since then and finally today they pretty much told me they don't have the package and since its shown as being delivered they are just going to assume that it was stolen from my mailbox. So I contacted the ebay seller (its a business) in hopes that perhaps they will resend me another one.......I just did that today so haven't heard anything back yet. It is a really frustrating situation though. I told my hubby that I feel like hiding in the bushes and egging my mail lady's car  :lol: :mad:

To anyone who cares...namely ME :lol:

I have spent another afternoon on the phone fighting the good fight with the post office. After opening my case Saturaday I believe and being told I was going to receive a callback in 24 business hours...I ended up having to call them back Wednesday. I spoke to my post office manager and once again she told me she is going to speak with my mail carrier when she comes in and "call me back" in 30 to 45 minutes. So she should be calling back any minute now but I am not holding my breath.

I am terribly frustrated with this whole situation. Apparently an investigation is to just keep asking someone who is lying whether or not she delivered the package over and over again. Great work you guys! Honestly this whole thing should be illegal. By her not doing her job she has stolen from me and there isn't a darn thing I can do about it :mad: And my ebay seller has chosen to ignore me also. I sent them a very nice message......and I wouldn't hold it against them at all if they said no to a refund but they could at least message me back! UGHHH :dumbpc: :enraged:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:00:48 AM by ponylady »

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:28 PM »
I had a similar issue at the beginning of the year.  My mom sent me a package with signature confirmation, as well as tracking.  The mail carrier failed to get the signature, and I never received my package.  I called the post office every day, but kept getting the run around. Then I went in to the post office and talked to the manager.  She called the mail carrier, and then had the audacity to say that "sometimes our box is full, so the carrier has to stuff in the items." Yes, that happens maybe once a month, but that was no excuse to not properly deliver my package.  Luckily, the package got returned to my mom.  So I hope that your package at least gets returned to your ebay seller as opposed to someone stealing it. Even better would be if the post office found it.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »
Thanks! I'm glad to feel not alone but it is really frustrating that the post office is not held more responsible for missing items. Of course they are going to tell you that you need to get insurance but that is insanity. It is like you have to pay extra if you want them to actually do their job.

I am seriously about to give up on this package. Even if they did return to sender..I seriously doubt this ebay seller would even let me know or resend it. They have completely ignored the messages that I sent them. Which is making me consider if I should give them negative feedback. I have never given neg. before and the missing package isn't their fault but its really messed up not to respond to a case.

I am calling the PO again tomorrow......one last try............ -_-

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:31:58 PM »
Yeah it is frustrating to have to pay more just to be sure a package arrives  -_- I hope that your post office call goes better tomorrow.  And that's also not cool about the seller.  Can you tell on e-bay if a message has been read? I'd like to believe that the seller is just busy, but you never know with some people :(

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »
Its one of those ebay sellers that is like a company so they make 1000's of sales a month so I am sure it has been read. Upon going back and checking all of their feedback I see they have some negatives for being unresponsive when there is a problem. I am wondering if I should bother to open up a case with ebay?? Right now its in that period where you try to resolve it with the seller...but they said if we haven't come to an agreement by the 20th that I can proceed to contact ebay and let them decide. But considering that the tracking info says delivered I am guessing that I won't win???

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
Unfortunately if the package shows as being delivered eBay will side with the seller. There are cases though where eBay will give you a courtesy refund on their behalf, due to their Buyer Protection Policy.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
Yay!! Ebay actually gave me a courtesy refund!! I am so happy that I am not going to be losing out on my hard earned money. Still haven't resolved anything from the post office but if the package doesn't surface soon which I don't think it will...I am going to reorder my hubby's gift.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Would you guys leave neutral or negative feedback for this seller??? Or none at all????

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 09:24:34 AM »
Yay! Glad you got a refund. Personally, I'd leave neutral feedback - they did send the item, but they don't get a positive since they never answered your email to them and didn't seem interested in helping. But they DID send the item so I don't think it should be negative.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »
Yay! Glad you got a refund. Personally, I'd leave neutral feedback - they did send the item, but they don't get a positive since they never answered your email to them and didn't seem interested in helping. But they DID send the item so I don't think it should be negative.

Yea..I was kind of leaning towards the same thing. Thanks! Will be leaving neutral feedback and definitely NEVER buying from again.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
I mean no offense but why would you leave a neutral? The package as far as your seller is concerned was delivered. Yes, they could have responded but as far as eBay and the seller are concerned it showed delivered, so it is out of their hands.  Thus your courtesy refund from eBay, basically stating it is out of your sellers hands at that point.

I honestly wouldn't be thinking OMG...I am never buying from them again. It's your PO's fault and they should be looking into it.  I wouldn't be letting the issue go either as far as they are concerned because they are the guilty party here.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 11:02:03 AM »
I would leave neutral for the lack of response when there was a problem. I'm just guessing, but it doesn't even seem like the seller even checked the tracking to see if it was delivered, otherwise he/she most likely would have responded "There's not much I can do since it shows delivered" But no response at all makes it seem like once they have the money, they don't care. Added to the fact that other feedback says seller is unresponsive when a problem arises doesn't make it seem like the seller cares.

If they had great feedback and had bothered to respond, I'd give them a positive even without receiving it. I know it's not the seller's fault the item got lost/stolen, but they could at least *try* to help.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »
I would leave neutral for the lack of response when there was a problem. I'm just guessing, but it doesn't even seem like the seller even checked the tracking to see if it was delivered, otherwise he/she most likely would have responded "There's not much I can do since it shows delivered" But no response at all makes it seem like once they have the money, they don't care. Added to the fact that other feedback says seller is unresponsive when a problem arises doesn't make it seem like the seller cares.

If they had great feedback and had bothered to respond, I'd give them a positive even without receiving it. I know it's not the seller's fault the item got lost/stolen, but they could at least *try* to help.

I understand where you are coming from ponylady and if they had responded to me and said hey, it is showing delivered so I can't go on blind faith that you are telling me the truth I would have understood. I am an ebay seller myself so I know I wouldn't want to be put in that situation. I just found the lack of communication very annoying. After thinking about it...I will not leave negative feedback because you are right it is the post offices fault but I can't leave positive for a seller that is unwilling to communicate about a problem. Perhaps it would better if I just left nothing at all.

But I quoted Shadowlark because I also was considering the fact that they have numerous other negatives for being unresponsive for different problems than mine. That is why I won't order from them again because I know this is not a one time deal now. I should have paid closer attention to the feedback but this is the first time I have ever had this problem and its not easy to find anime box sets at reasonable prices.......

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »
eBay honestly does not want sellers communicating with "THEIR" buyers unless totally necessary. I am sure this seller looked and saw that the item was marked as delivered and knew the policy regarding that.  They also knew they were going to win the case because, let's face it the item was marked as delivered.  It's not an excuse for the seller to not respond but it is a fact. 

Gloomygirl you need to keep on your PO's rear end about this. I am super sorry this happened and I know it's super frustrating. I have been in the situation before but I was the seller. I actually went ahead even knowing this girl had problems which she stated on this board (twice) with her university "losing" mail, and I still refunded her. I know communication is the best policy but not everyone follows that due to eBay's policies concerning it.

From May 2012, you’ll be automatically awarded a 5-star DSR for seller communication when a transaction meets all of the following criteria:
•Stated handling time is one working day or same day
•Postage tracking number is uploaded within one working day after payment has been received
•The item is paid for using PayPal, which makes the payment date visible to eBay
•No communication took place between the buyer and seller in the 14 days prior to the transaction and up until the point that Feedback was left. This includes messages within My eBay*.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal