collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Poor firefly looks like she's been fighting with the other ponies! Black eye!  (Read 870 times)

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm buying this firefly. I did not know she had this mark on her and I was super excited to finally be getting a fire fly, let alone an Italian one but he has just sent me some pics of her close up to make sure I am 100% happy with her before I agree. I'm not put off by this as it is on her NDS so on display she will still look lovely but I'd like to know if there is anyway she could be fixed or look a little less like she has been battered in a brawl!
N.B I'm probably still going to get her because I've been having such trouble trying to find a firefly, I'm also getting her baby, confetti posy pose and starflower from this same person. Xxx

Here she is.....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:04:25 PM by Fleurlapin »
802 and counting........

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Put her in the window for some sun fading. Looks like pen marks and those usually fade nicely. You can wrap up the rest of her body in either tinfoil or even wet toilet paper (mummy)!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Tinks

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
And the sun fading won't ruin her pretty Italian blue eye paint no?
I'm so happy she can be fixed and now happy I will be getting her! Thanks for advice mlp4me xxx
802 and counting........

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I'm so happy she can be fixed and now happy I will be getting her! Thanks for advice mlp4me xxx
If you want to be certain that her eye will not fade wrap her with plastic wrap (you really would need one layer) and tape over the spot where you don't want the sun to go. Some people take and sharpie marker over the plastic wrap, I prefer to use the painters tape (no chance of it bleeding through).

Sun is pretty weak here so I haven't had a lot of fading of eyes/paint (unless left in the window to sun for months). Just keep a close eye on her (har har).

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
If you want to be certain that her eye will not fade wrap her with plastic wrap (you really would need one layer) and tape over the spot where you don't want the sun to go. Some people take and sharpie marker over the plastic wrap, I prefer to use the painters tape (no chance of it bleeding through).

Sun is pretty weak here so I haven't had a lot of fading of eyes/paint (unless left in the window to sun for months). Just keep a close eye on her (har har).

So that is how its done, I have always wondered how sun fading ponies worked.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ooooh you are getting some nice ponies from this person. All of them are ponies that I don't have yet. ;)

I'm gonna have to second sunfading as the best way to fix the pony's problem. Just be sure to check on her every now an then to make sure that she's going to fade in the way that you are needing her too.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Congrats on getting some lovely new additions. I'm on board with the sunfading too  :)  I would definitely take up the advice given re covering not just her eye but all of her up, though. Italian Firefly is prone to fading (she would have been pink originally) so perhaps just ensure that the only part uncovered is the part you want faded, so you don't get uneven fading of the vinyl  ;)

Offline Tinks

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Yes you're right marlin, she would have been originally pink (I'm not sure if his flash camera has made her look more faded/peachy or if this is how she will arrive to me. Either way I love her and all the other Italian ponies too! I can't wait for them to arrive!
In the next few weeks I've have some amazing things coming my way from trades and purchases (I've been soooo naughty this month but I'm getting so much from my wish list!) must behave next month! Xxx
Congrats on getting some lovely new additions. I'm on board with the sunfading too  :)  I would definitely take up the advice given re covering not just her eye but all of her up, though. Italian Firefly is prone to fading (she would have been pink originally) so perhaps just ensure that the only part uncovered is the part you want faded, so you don't get uneven fading of the vinyl  ;)
802 and counting........

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I would warn in advance that if you are going to sun fade her cover her entire body up other than the area you want to fade. As you know Italian Firefly is want to fade right down to white - that pink in her body is so unstable. You dont want to loose any pink body colour she has left just to get rid of the pen mark.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I would warn in advance that if you are going to sun fade her cover her entire body up other than the area you want to fade. As you know Italian Firefly is want to fade right down to white - that pink in her body is so unstable. You dont want to loose any pink body colour she has left just to get rid of the pen mark.

Unless you just reeeeally want a white Firefly.

My one and only nirvana is Marina Giada- Italian Wavedancer. It would have been nice to have had a bubblegum pink one, but then I wouldn't be able to tell her apart from my US Wavedancer, and what's the fun in that? Mine is a lovely peach color and I think it's extra special. :lovey:

In terms of preservation though, yes, you will need to be careful with the pink pigments if you want to restore her to her mintiest state possible. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal