collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: USPS claim advise  (Read 316 times)

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
USPS claim advise
« on: June 12, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »
I got a box full of g1 porcelains from a craigslist ad after taking some time and a bit extra $ to convince the seller to ship them to me. As soon as I picked up the box I knew something was broken. Sadly, it was the coolest one, Frolic in the Sky. The box had insurance on it, probably up to $100, I have to get the insurance info from the seller. I've never filed a claim with USPS over damaged goods and am not sure how to do it when I had a box full of stuff and paid well below what I'd have to pay on ebay for each item. The rest of the porcelains were in  original boxes with bubble wrap around them and one other had part of a bubble wrap envelope around it and foam. Frolic had some paper and a couple plastic bags around it, it is the only one that was damaged.

Since this is an item without a fixed price would I have to provide proof of what it's worth to the post office if I can file a claim? Can  I even file a claim for 1 item out of a boxfull of items?  I'll probably  go talk to someone at the post office about this too, but I won't be able to get there until next Saturday, so I thought I'd see about opinions on this here.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:11:36 PM by Jupiter »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: USPS claim advise
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:52:36 AM »
Oh Jupiter, that is awful  :cry:

I would definitely file a claim.  I am going to provide below the link to USPS on filing claims.  It has all the info you need to proceed. I also believe you can file online so you won't have to wait to go to the PO.

https://www.usps.com/ship/file-domestic-claims.htm

Good Luck and I hope that helps!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 11:52:29 AM »
You can file online through the link Ponylady provided, it is super easy and the one time I had to do it I had my money back for the item and shipping cost in less than a week! Good luck and sorry that happened  :hug:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
I just went through a claim process with the PO as well- my insured paradise estate was left out in the rain and everything was wet. Filing a claim is real easy; you need the sellers info and the amount you paid. fill out the form and attach that picture as 'proof of damage' and they will refund you. They didn't contact me to ask for proof of value, they just refunded me the amount I paid. 
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal