collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon A Good First Funko Vinyl?  (Read 573 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Is Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon A Good First Funko Vinyl?
« on: June 07, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »
Hi everyone.  I am looking for some advice.  I have been wanting to get a funko vinyl for a while but haven't found any that I am interested in.  I want Rainbow Dash but her eyes look weird and I know it's the same model as Muffin Pony.  I do like Twilight's character in the TV series.  I feel I can sort of related to her, because I love to read, but I can't seem to be interested in her funko vinyl.  I wanted to get Bic Mac but I haven't been able to find him anywhere in stores and he's $50 on amazon.  Amazon has Sweetie Drops cheap.  She's pretty too.  I know the funko vinyls have flaws.  I'm not too picky on flaws.  I could try to find her in a store to pick out the one with the least amount of flaws but she seems to sell out fast.  The ones I usually see most of are Rainbow Dash, Muffin Pony, Dr. Hooves, etc.

I know the thought is if you want her, get her.  I've seen deboxing images on youtube, which kind of brought me up higher on my bar of wanting her--not sure if that makes sense.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your opinions. :)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Is Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon A Good First Funko Vinyl?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 05:14:32 PM »
Awesome choices I think really any are great to start with! I can sell you a nice condition Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon and Big Mac!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:29:31 PM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
Big Mac is a lot newer than Bon Bon, which I imagine is part of why he's so much more expensive.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
I have an extra * regular* (NOT crystal)  Big Mac you can have for what I paid ($15--less than non sale retail) plus shipping, if you are wanting him. Sweetie Drops is pretty, though. :) (i like her regular version better than the crystal, personally)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »
I have an extra * regular* (NOT crystal)  Big Mac you can have for what I paid ($15--less than non sale retail) plus shipping, if you are wanting him. Sweetie Drops is pretty, though. :) (i like her regular version better than the crystal, personally)

Pming you, thanks. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 03:47:47 AM »
Bon Bon is turning up in more and more retailers now as she is no longer exclusive to TRU so you will probably find her locally soon enough. If she is the one you like the best, then she has to be the one you go for :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline spottedslug

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 06:45:06 AM »
My advice wold be just to go for whichever one you like best. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 06:48:58 AM »
There is no official first one to get and QC varies on batches and locations. Most people seem to agree though that the Apple Jack & Big Mac have some of the best QC to date. Eitherway just pick whichever you like the best!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »
Wait.

The Rainbow Dash and Muffin Pony Funkos do not share a mold at all! :) Their manes and tails are shaped quite distinctly. It's pretty cool!

As has been said before, just go with the character that you like best!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 07:50:52 AM »
Wait.

The Rainbow Dash and Muffin Pony Funkos do not share a mold at all! :) Their manes and tails are shaped quite distinctly. It's pretty cool!

Oh, I didn't know that.  I just looked at the way their eyes look from inside the boxes at the stores.  I know Muffin Pony's eyes are weird because of her character.

I went ahead and ordered Bon Bon and I'm buying Big Mac from MoonStars.  Maybe next I'll try and get Rainbow Dash.  Apple Jack would be cool too.  I see the start of an addiction.  :blink:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:52:55 AM by Majesty »

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
Why not just order Big Mac straight from Hot Topic. He is on sale right now for only 14 I think and you can do site to store......send him to your local Hot Topic and you don't even have to pay for shipping. I have quite a few...I don't have Sweetie...I'm just not too interested in her but out of all the ones I have I am the most impressed with Big Mac. He looks really awesome and he has the best paint job out of all the ones I have.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
Wait.

Oh, I didn't know that.  I just looked at the way their eyes look from inside the boxes at the stores.  I know Muffin Pony's eyes are weird because of her character.

I went ahead and ordered Bon Bon and I'm buying Big Mac from MoonStars.  Maybe next I'll try and get Rainbow Dash.  Apple Jack would be cool too.  I see the start of an addiction.  :blink:

If you have a Hot Topic near you, I suggest going there. At every one I've been to, they have a buy one, get one 50% off of everything in the store.

Offline MoonStars

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
If you can get one on sale without having to pay shipping (as someone suggested, have them send to a store if there's a Hot Topic near you), go for it! You are under no obligation to buy the one from me, Majesty! :)  And I think their shipping is always $4.99 no matter how much you purchase from them, if you don't have a store close enough to pick up from, which is less than the USPS private sale cost. And if they're on sale buy one, get one 50% off, well then you can get AJ too :P

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »
I would love to do that, but sadly there isn't one near me.  The one closest to me is in the Emerald Square Mall In Massachusetts.  It only takes about 20 minutes to drive, my parents found a way which avoids a lot of traffic, but I don't drive and they very rarely want to go.  I wish I was into this before when I went to get my Rarity build a bear at that mall.

But, I went to my local mall today and did find Sweetie Drops and Rainbow Dash at two different stores one store only had one and the other store only had the other so I feel like they were meant for me. :P  I posted a thread in the brag forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal