collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Special pony-memory?  (Read 381 times)

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
Special pony-memory?
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »
Do you have a special memory from a pony? It not has to be your favorite one, just one you have special feelings for and lot of memories from :hope:
And of course whyyy? I have to say Princess Sparkle on this (or my Vanilla Treat who was my first). My cousin had Princess Sparkle and I looooove that pony.
I remember that we used to turn off the light in her room and play with Princess Sparkle beautiful crown. :D I never got one but for about 3 years ago I bought one, so unfortunately this isn't my cousin's pony. But I'm so happy anyway! :heart: Often when I have visitors I want to show this beautiful girl and cheer my memories.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:21:45 AM by Nence »

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Special pony-memory?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 05:13:24 AM »
:like: Cool! I have a lot of happy pony memories, but yours reminds me of me "charging" my Glow 'n Show Starglow under the lamp and them taking her into the dark to see her glow. :lol:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:20:22 AM »
That's so sweet! :heart:

For me, it's Daddy and daughter Bright Bouquet. I found them both in a giant bag of ponies at a charity shop in 1997. I saw the daddy had feathered hooves, and because I'd been to a local village where they had shire horses that pulled the carriage, and I'd been on a carriage ride recently, I knew Daddy Bright Bouquet was a boy, and that the little one must be his daughter. I loved them from that moment on, and they never got separated. When I got into collecting, before my mum found it became an obsession (whoops) she bid and secretly won for me Baby Brother Bright Bouquet, and he was an amazing surprise, and then I finally got Mummy Bright Bouquet in a BIN off ebay. To this day, I still adore them all, and would never separate their family unit again!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
In terms of Hasbro ponies, my very first when I started collecting was the baby Sea Pony, Sunshower. She's my favorite color, and she's pretty special as the first "real" pony to get me started.

But it was actually fakies that I started with first, because my means of accessing them were a little easier. My very firsts were those G3.5 sparkle babies on the "Magic Treasures" back card. They look so pretty in the packaging that I never took them off the card. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 01:17:22 PM »
I have told the story before so I wont bore everyone with it again :P Although I dont have my original any more, my special memory comes from Masquerade - she is the only pony I remember actually picking out in store and I have such a vivid memory of the whole thing. Being told I was allowed a special present because I was a brave girl at moving houses and leaving my friends; going to Woolworths and standing holding Mums hand in front of the wall of ponies; and then spending time picking her out and clutching her to me on the walk all the way back home :)

My original shy pose Applejack and Bow Tie were also special to me - I got them as a bribe to accept my new baby brother :P I did love him...but the ponies were awesome!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
Aaww I just love to read your stories about your favorite/favorites :heart: Glow 'n Show ponies are so beautiful!!! I need more of them, I only have Broghtglow so far :) I have some fakies that I really liked as a kid. Otherwise is what I said earlier - Vanilla Treat, she is very special for me. :lovey:

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

Offline Cyber-Satan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
Probably my most fond memory in all my years of collecting is finding my first G1, Snuzzle.
I'd just moved down south into Wiltshire, and me and my family were having a pretty rough time with stuff. Family issues, all that kinda stuff.
So when me and my Mum went into our local town one day - I spotted Snuzzle sitting in a charity shop window with a hot pink sticker on her: marking her £2.50.
Now at the time - we were suffering a lot of money issues, so my Mum told me I couldn't get her simply because she couldn't afford it.
Of course - little me was heart broken. :cry:
I guess I just didn't understand the money issue at the time, but Snuzzle never left my mind.
A couple of months later - our problems were beginning to get better. Money was better and family issues were starting to fade away.
So when I came home from school one day, my Mum treated me to something special..
Snuzzle!
Saying I was over the moon wouldn't even describe how I felt when she handed her to me.
It was a special moment, although Snuzzle is the reason I'm into MLP collecting - just knowing my Mum had remembered about Snuzzle all those months later makes my heart all warm.
And here she is - 7 years later~ :heart:

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 05:49:53 PM »
When I had my tonsils out I got really sick and had to stay in the hospital for a week. My aunt got me baby ribbons.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »
My best memories of my ponies were when we were at my grandmas house as a kid.
She had this GIGANTIC old victorian house.. and i was a TINY thing.. it just seemed so huge to me.
She had this awesome stair case with a landing.. and i loved to sit there and play with my dolls and ponies.
they had all kinds of adventures across that landing. Usually one of the dolls was the villain and was doing something vuagely tirekesque .... like capturing various ponies for nefarious causes.. so the others would have to go and rescue them.
THEN someone let me watch legend and so it all became about people wanting to get the unicorns for their magic and stuff.
I've gone back to that house some now that im grown.. my granpa still owns it.. and some day it may be mine.
It seems a lot smaller now.. or maybe ive  just grown a ton.
still i remember that as some of the best times of my child hood.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
Well when I went throught a lot last summer things got taken away and friends and saport went away, I got Seaflower. She was and is like my teddy bear I have her as a comfort pony. Munchy as well serves this type of comfort..when a promis had been broken I looked far for her. Charry treats reminds me of when me and Dad went to pick up a box of ponies even tho it was a box dad and I love charries so this pony reminds me of my dad that day. Baby sister apple I saved her from a flea market toybox for 10 cents I now have her brother and mom and dad. Love melody I got her on a cold spring day at the time I had bought some comic mlp books she sat next to me as I lay on the floor reading. Milkey way was one of my first few mlp I had gotten I wanted her so badly and got her as well as firefly ect.
:accomplished:

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
the first time I ordered a pony from the internet, I was SO EXCITED when the box arrived, I got my first G1 ponies whom I brushed and washed for hours

I got DJ, Baby Sweet Stuff, Baby Drummer and the Magic Message Windy

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 10:59:36 PM »
When i was a kid Pretty Visions was my adventure pony, whenever we went to our cabin in Finland (we lived in Sweden till i was 9), or just shopping, i took her with me. :)

After that, when G2 hit the stores, she becames Trixibelles mother. Not just anykind of family, they were the tricksters and kinda like magic user. Her head fell of, so she was the awsome mother, whose head could float. :D

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 01:19:05 AM »
When I was 4 years old (way back in 1984!), we were going from Canada to England to visit relatives. My mum had got me Skydancer as a way to bribe good behaviour out of me at the airport. LOL Any time I started getting antsy, she would say "Do you want your pony? You have to be good and you can have her on the plane!" Well, as soon as we were seated, I tore that package open! That's my earliest pony memory. When I rescued my ponies from my parents' last year, I was so happy that she was still with the herd. Here's her pic as I found her and after I cleaned her up and fixed up her symbols. Looking good 30 years on!

Offline RustyGusty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 02:57:54 AM »
My family went to Germany for vacation in the early 90's. And I had saved up to buy lots of ponies. Which was what I collected most of all at the time. But... ponies, and toys in general, are really expensive and I counted on buying as many as possible.

I guess my dad realized I wasn't going to be able to buy alot of ponies for my money, and he knew how much I had looked forward to this trip, because Toys 'R Us wasn't available in Sweden at the time. (By the way, I called it Toys Rose, or Toys & Roses back then. I couldn't figure the name out.)

...So he exchanged my money for me and although the Deutsche Mark was worth alot more than the Swedish Crown, he let me have just as much in Deutsche Mark (which became several times more money for me). And I was able to buy pretty much one of each pony there was. It was incredible! :)

I also remember this one lady, another customer, who approached me in the German Toys 'R US. She came at me speaking German and started taking up ponies from my shopping cart. I guess she thought I wouldn't be able to buy them all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal