collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greek Minty/Chloe question  (Read 392 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Greek Minty/Chloe question
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »

Hi all, I just added some Greeks to my herd and one of them was adult Minty/Chloe.

Now, I had known before that from Dollyhair saying that Daiquiri Ice was only used on a couple Greek ponies - that BABY Minty was one of them correct?

Well, I've been trying to figure out - did Mama Minty have WHITE hair or Daiquiri Ice hair? Because I can't find her on Strawberry Reef, it shows a picture on the MLP Wiki that looks white as white can be. And it's hard for me to tell when I just try to search Google Images for either Chloe, Minty, Baby Chloe or Baby Minty - to actually SEE this Daiquiri Ice light aqua color in photographs. I assume it's easily washed out by a camera flash or harsh lighting if faded... ?

Here's the thing though. My Mama Minty, for sure, had Daquiri Ice hair. I can see it on the butt of her tail stump (you know what I mean, inside her body) and also that the inside of her head plugs are very light aqua. There are streaks of it, like, you'd see a fading pink hair pony may have a few strands or streaks that were still a bit "pinker" than the others even though it faded? - So she's got a few hints of it in her actual mane and tail, which only her forelock is cut so she does have a full tail and most of her mane.

All the stitching inside looks identical to the other Greeks I have, and I'm struggling to take a photo that can pick up this SLIGHT hint of color, ARGGGG! In a "display pic" she looks like she has white hair. Up close on inspection it's obvious she doesn't.

So, summary: Was she released with this Daquiri Ice type hair color and it's just super prone to fading out on them (both Mama and Baby)? Or was she released with both?

Here's just the display pic of her, again it's not /really/ able to show this slight color - I mean, I can see it but... I'm not sure it's totally obvious, it may just look like her green body is reflecting through to make the color - but I've laid her against other Minty's and other white haired ponies, and hanks of white hair, both next to the tail stump and inside head wave (though I don't want to pull her tail OUT out, I just push her butt in to look at it, if that makes sense?) and it's clearly not WHITE.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks! :sunny:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Greek Minty/Chloe question
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »
Greek minty and regular baby minty have very pale green hair, not white and not daiquiri ice. There isn't a match on dolly hair for this very pale green.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
So any time she's listed as white hair it's just faded from this green? I mean almost every picture of her looks just bleak white - I'm guessing this color must've had the same issues as our friend "fading pink"?

There may not be a match but, that's the closest color that I can think of and is referred to anyway, haha ;) (Like if I were to try and make a custom or something?)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:20:45 PM by Sunshine »

My Want List

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
I think you are right about the fading "fading green" rather than "fading pink"!

It does show up as white in pictures and at a glance the hair looks white :) often if the hair is dirty it will disguise the colour.

Love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »
Awesome, thank you as always doll!! ♡♡ :biggrin:

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal