collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best way to display ponies?  (Read 352 times)

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Best way to display ponies?
« on: June 01, 2014, 02:05:41 AM »
Hi everyone!

The other day I (finally :P) painted our walk-in closet that will be my pony 'room'.
It's quite large but narrow, I guess 3.5 meters long and 1 meter wide or so. In our previous appartment I had a much smaller walk-in closet, but it was square and I had shelfs all around in it. Now I am wondering if I should place shelfs in this one or get Ikea Bookcases. Those aren't very deep though, so no way of putting playsets on there. What do you guys think? How do you store your ponies? And if I do get the bookcases, would you get them with the glass doors or not? Thanks in advance! :)
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to display ponies?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 03:48:01 AM »
I have all of mine is glass cases. I guess I have them that way cause they don't get dusty as fast. I have a little OCD about things and that is one thing. But really its all up to what you would like and can afford. :) I hope you do share pictures when your done :) 

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 10:10:48 AM »
Sure I will, thanks! I had a glass cabinet when I lived with my parents but only for my HTF and nirvana ponies and my childhood ponies. If I do get the ikea bookcases I can also buy the glass doors over time so it's not that big of a sum at a single time. How do you display your playsets? I have a few boxed ones and they won't fit in a cabinet..
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:43:52 PM »
I vote Billy bookcases at IKEA! Just because they are like the stable of MLP collecting :P And I vote it mainly because it allows you to change things up if you want to. Different ponies, sets, merchandise takes up different sizes of space and over the years your collection is sure to grow and change. With bookcases and changeable shelves [whether adding more shelves, taking out shelves, increasing/decreasing the space between them] you should always be able to display as you like. With shelves mounted on the wall its a lot more work to change them around should you wish.

I have 5 wall mounted shelves in the pony room above a day bed...and they drive me nuts because they are limiting in what can be displayed there. I am super tempted to remove the bed and add a few more bookcases!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »
Thanks so much, Hathorcat :) I saw someone selling 5 of those bookcases the other day.. might have to get them, lol!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:15:48 AM »
Thanks so much, Hathorcat :) I saw someone selling 5 of those bookcases the other day.. might have to get them, lol!

Oooooh! Snap them up! I am always eyeing up classifieds for people selling those bookcases - they really are perfect!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
I would, but I have allready spend too much money on ponies and musicals the last month LOL :) I am selling a bunch of old stuff, hopefully will be able to get some soon :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal