collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [game] You are the newest toy developer for MLP...  (Read 754 times)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
[game] You are the newest toy developer for MLP...
« on: May 28, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »
So, you have finally made it into the big leagues and Hasbro has asked YOU to design their latest My Little Pony product. The snag is, that you can only use pre-existing names and characters from generation 4's toys (Blind bags and brushables only!) These toy lines have to be something new and will catch children's attention on the shelves.

What would your big ideas be?

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: [game] You are the newest toy developer for MLP...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »
Some sort of cross between Skylanders and Neopets. A virtual pony world of various games, and by buying new ponies you can add them to your personal virtual herd. And your IRL herd too. Win-win!

CottonTALE

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »
Ooo, I like that idea! sorta like how webkins has their stuffed animals and you can register a code online and play with them online and offline.

My ideas would be:

-An ice-cream parlour themed playset that uses Rainbow Swirl, Sweetcream Scoops, and Sweetie Swirl. It would have a little building and 2 tables, with some ice-cream acessories like cones, bowls, spoons, etc.
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-A Wonderbolts flying academy set that uses Spitfire, Soarin, Rainbow Dash, and Thunderlane.
Spoiler

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:03:01 PM »
I'd make a babysitting set that includes Pinkie Pie, the Cakes, and the baby Cakes in playful pony size and accessories like binkies and cribs and all that stuff.
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »
Pinkie Pie's Asylum Playset: comes with Pinkie Pie, Nurse Ponies (Redheard and whoever else they made blind bags of), fashion straight jacket changes, pony med you can actually ingest, and real light-up electroshock therapy throne! :D

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:52:39 PM »
  • Villian ponies because kids like villians for their plot. Or like monsters that have actually appeared in the FiM show, Ursa Minor, Discord, etc
  • Boy ponies. Because so far they've been disappointing
  • Settings. Golden Oaks Library, Crusader's Clubhouse
  • Ponies with speakable settings on them that were more prompting, like "what do we do now?" or just common phrases like agreeing statements
  • Equestria girl dress up outfits
  • Twilight sparkle laser pointer... with a weak laser so not to damage eyes
  •   Show. Accurate. Luna.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 03:25:50 AM »
    Spoiler
    New moulds - Pegasi with folded wings, Rearing, sitting, and laying down poses for all three.
    Release the mane six as fillies. And clear versions with their hair in the Crystal Empire 'dos. Could make these mail order (available to ALL countries, kthnx).
    Release playsets for the blind bags that slot together at the base to create Ponyville, and also double as a display. Sets like Twi's library, AJ's farm, etc. Could be paper craft instead of plastic, or fold into a shell or bag like Polly Pocket sets used to, so they be easily be stored away after play.
    Themed brushable sets. Much like the triple blind bag sets, these would come with three ponies - two new, and a re-released mane six but with differences (different eye decals, different pose maybe?) unique to the set.
    New deluxe sets - Apple Family, Wondebolts Academy (Rainbow, Gilda, Spitfire and Soarin', Thunderlane, maybe a re-release of Dizzy Hooves, Lightning Dust (and Bulk Biceps pleeeease)), Perfect Party (Pinkie with styled curls, DJ, Cheese Sandwich...), etc, that come with accessories and outfits (wonderbolt suits/Apple trees/Party hats, etc)
    Pony wear, made out of real fabric, including winter attire, their Nightmare Night outfits, and animal outfits for each pony (Spike for Twi, Angel for Fluttershy, etc) to fit the playful ponies.
    Re-release Luna and Celestia's FS in their show accurate blue and white colours and with accurate wings and accessories including the Diary of the Two Sisters and their correctly-coloured crowns and shoes, etc.
    New talking ponies that, instead of all spouting drivel about hair, say things like "We can do it if we work together!" "Don't worry, we'll always be friends no matter what!" "I believe in you." etc etc. plus lines from the show or that are unique to the character...and maybe, like Furbies, if you have more than one they could interact and talk to each other? Maybe if they all had unique lines when you brushed their hair would be cute, too - like Rainbow and AJ would complain a bit, Rarity would get excited and Fluttershy could yawn and fall asleep...
    [/list]
    And....I'd have someone write and release a book about the legends of Equestria (so, bad guys, things like the Breezies, Star Swirl the Bearded, etc), with concept art, detailed "research notes", things like this - kinda like how the "Fantastic Beasts" book from Harry Potter was.
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:52:45 AM by CupidStrikes »
    Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
    Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
    • Bay Breeze Pony
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 04:25:05 AM »
    I really like the Wonderbolt Flying Academy idea!

CottonTALE

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 04:37:34 AM »
    Oh goodness Cupid! now I want Pinkie in her chicken costume  :P

I wouldn't mind if it were painted on like the shadowbolt rainbow dash was.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
    • Trade Count: (+221)
    • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • Loa's little succulent
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
    Turn the original Gameboy Spyro into Princess Twilight Sparkle...I would be happy :)
    Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
    Loa is my love god!
    I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • Angry little slice of pie
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
    Turn the original Gameboy Spyro into Princess Twilight Sparkle...I would be happy :)

YES YES YES X1000000000. I would buy the hay out of that  :lol:
    Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
    Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

BlazePony84

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »
    Cutiemark Crusaders treehouse playset?

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
    Most things people have already said, especially the folded pegasus wing molds, show-accurate Princesses, and new poses. I have always wanted a light pink cadance with gradiant  wings!!! <3

FIRST thing I would do:
    -release tinsel Sweetie Blue brushable and white FS Celest

brushable waves exclusive to Walmart, Target, and TRU with 6 non-mane 6 characters that have never been made into brushables, each store having different characters!

playsets with other BOY ponies, one of them would include Big Mac, animals, apples, and a cart.

I would make the next big playset a Sugarcube Corner Playset, either that or Celestias Castle the size of a barbie dreamhouse!

My Little Pony LEGOS!! (wait, isnt that the competetor's company?) :P

Big Mac 8-ball shapped like an apple! xD "...Nope! ....Yup!"

Equestria Games toyline?

LE Collector Villians figures with a cool box (online only) similar like the Disney Store's collector dolls.

The next 'theme' (canterlot, crystal empire, rainbow power, wild, ect.) Would be night/celestial themed in with the colored swirls on the box would be purple, light green, and baby blue decorated with stars and moons. It would focus on Twilight and Luna (show accurate!) And ALL ponies in the set would be clearish and glow in the dark! Playsets, single brushables, make a wave of blindbags where they all glow in the dark! The ponies would come with little glow in the dark animals (gloworms, fireflies, etc) combs, and stickers, and plastic stars you can stick on the wall!

More to add later......

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:50:09 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
    • G3 Rosey Pony
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 12:35:33 AM »
    Idon't know what I would do, but whatever it will be: less pink !!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
    • Trade Count: (+152)
    • MOC Mimic
    • you can call me Rosier
      • View Profile
      • Customs and stuff i'm selling
    « Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »
    do a rainbow power brushable line that actually uses some rainbow ponies.
    real red, true green etc.
    (give us green ponies!!)

and probably write a section of the comic where they travel to an alternate universe and meet all the g1 ponies.
    if that's been done.... Gimme!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal