collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm going to give out pony loot bags to kids in cinemas at EqG 2  (Read 1623 times)

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Re: I'm going to give out pony loot bags to kids in cinemas at EqG 2
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »
I actually got to do this for the showings of EQG. 

We did contact the theater first to set it up.  I gave them pictures of the costumes, and told them my plans with the loot bag.  Needless to say, they loved it, and we were there to do all 4 showings.

Our loot bag had some trading cards, misc. blind bag figures, candy and a few other odd and ends I cannot remember.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(my mom was the one handing out the loot bags, cause you know...ponies dont really have hands and all :P)

Okay, yeah, that's fantastic. :biggrin:

A fursuit would be wicked fun and perfect for something like that! I've wanted to do a cosplay for ages. Maybe I should, but I'm a little shy :redface:

Some people have mentioned issues with candy- I just had the bright idea of having two separate kinds of bags! Identical contents, except one has candy, and one doesn't. That'd be perfect.  ^.^
:fox:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
I think that as long as it is well organized, this would be a great thing to do.  Even if the cinema doesn't agree, you can always go with the donating tickets to charity idea.  By the way Judhudson, I love what you did!

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
The theater may even be willing to post a sign or ad stating that local Brony group will be passing out gift bags to the first (how ever many) kids.  It could be a way for them to hype the movie even more.  Parents would probably be more at ease with you working WITH the theater and not just doing it randomly.

Offline Judhudson

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
Yeah if you can toss on some colorful clothes and a wig, it'd be best to do it in costume, since well, they are suppose to be human - so you'll be approachable!  Don't be shy about asking the theater either - they really do love stunts like these as it gets people to talk about the theater. Just be sure of two things:  you speak directly to the head manager and keep a constant contact with them, and make sure they know about the EQG2 showing (so don't ask right now, but ask about a month or so out -when tickets are being sold). Sometimes they get the info a little late so if you approach them too early, they'll give you a strange look.

Also another tip - if you have a pic of you in the cosplay, show them that as well!

We got to see the movie 4 times, and the manager was kind enough to give us free tickets to other movies!  I look forward to doing it again this year, especially being that Trixie is suppose to have an important role and I got a Trixie costume :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »
That is so cute! I think you definitely should go for it if you can get the theater's permission! Oh, and try to get some pictures for us. That would be even better! :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »
Oh gosh that would be so much fun to do :) I do wish they would come out with a pony move that would go to the theaters :) If your able to do it have fun :)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 12:20:39 AM »
my advise.. DONT.   it will be way more trouble than its worth. and i think its personally creepy when brony groups try to do things like this.   even if you have good intentions its just odd.  random kids at some random theatre?  i could see if this was organized through a children's organization, but just a random group of mostly dudes handing out pony bags to little kids at a theatre?  Nope. wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. 
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline moonsugar

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 01:50:02 AM »
my advise.. DONT.   it will be way more trouble than its worth. and i think its personally creepy when brony groups try to do things like this.   even if you have good intentions its just odd.  random kids at some random theatre?  i could see if this was organized through a children's organization, but just a random group of mostly dudes handing out pony bags to little kids at a theatre?  Nope. wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. 

Noted, and thank you for your opinion. Do you think you'd feel better about it if it were just me and a friend, as opposed to a larger group?

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Re: I\'m going to give out pony loot bags to kids in cinemas at EqG 2
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 05:49:38 AM »
I wasn't sure on this one.  On one hand I might be a little creeped out, but I'm an introvert so I generally have a flinching emotion whenever someone I don't know walks up to me.  Many parents are also really protective of their kids, for good reason.  We are so constantly bombarded with stories about kids getting hurt that its easy to distrust people's motives. 

Having said that, I asked my 7 year old daughter what she would LOVE to be able to see people dressed up as equestria girls and get a treat bag, so I say go for it provided you can get the movie theater's blessing.  As a parent I'd feel much better if I knew that it was a part of the activities the theater was putting on for the movie.  Also, I'd avoid putting anything edible in the treat bags period.  There are so many food allergies etc... that sometimes its better to be safe than sorry. 

It really stinks that we live in a day where you can't do nice things without putting so much thought into the details like this.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  Please let us know how it turns out!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 06:53:36 AM »
Given the whole "don't take candy from strangers" thing, most people probably would be weirded out by random people giving their kids goodie bags. I think would, and I don't even have kids.

If you just want to let the kids have something fun, maybe you could give a bag of small toys/stickers to the theater, and they could have the employees hand them out when people buy MLP tickets at the ticket counter.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline moonsugar

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 07:05:09 AM »
If you just want to let the kids have something fun, maybe you could give a bag of small toys/stickers to the theater, and they could have the employees hand them out when people buy MLP tickets at the ticket counter.

That's also not a bad idea.

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone so far for all their opinions and advice. I really do appreciate all of them. I'll keep you updated on what happens!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »

Noted, and thank you for your opinion. Do you think you'd feel better about it if it were just me and a friend, as opposed to a larger group?

lol sorry that came out a little acidic.  i just wouldnt want you to deal with such a headache when you have good intentions.    parents are going to be overprotective either way.    perhaps if you did anything maybe leave some stickers at the desk? or hand out a sticker rather than a bag of stuff?
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »
Given the whole "don't take candy from strangers" thing, most people probably would be weirded out by random people giving their kids goodie bags. I think would, and I don't even have kids.

Seconding the "don't take candy from strangers" thing. As a kid, my mother would've NEVER allowed me to eat candy from a random group of people. No matter how well-intentioned they were. It sets kids up for disappointment when their parents will just throw the candy away to be on the safe side. Allergies aside, toys seem like the safer choice.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »
This sounds like a fun idea.  I could see both sides to it though.  It's great you want to make kids happy and it's a great idea but at the same time you have to look at it in a way of a stranger handing kids goodie bags and the parents thinking if you put some bad things in the bags.  I'm not saying you would it's just that there are some sick people in this world today.  I would get the theater's permission.  Maybe they can have a box of the bags and can hand them out to each child who has a parent that gets a ticket for the show.  Some theaters do giveaways like that if you go to see a certain show.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »
I'd get permission from the theater owner and arrange to give them away right by the ticket booth.  Or even give the bags to the theater owner to let them give them away (by the ticket tellers.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal