collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yellowed Baby Surprise  (Read 263 times)

svetilda

• Trade Count: (0)
Yellowed Baby Surprise
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:41 AM »
I have a baby Surprise that turned yellow (and her eyes are more blueish then lavender). I want to try to make her white again but I think she turned yellow in a first place from sunlight. I'm not sure about this but I think so because her eyes lost their original color. In this case sunbathing will not help to whiting her up? Because of her hair it's not good idea to bath her in H2O2, right? Then all I can think about is to try acne cream. Will it help?

TIA

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Yellowed Baby Surprise
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »
I'd be interested in knowing too. My Baby Surprise is quite yellow.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Ianthe99

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:22:16 AM »
If you put her in anything liquid.. her hair color might migrate and make the yellowing worse.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:53:55 AM »
If you put her in anything liquid.. her hair color might migrate and make the yellowing worse.

Yeah... I would be concerned about that chartreuse hair - it likes to transfer dye!  :(  I would just cope with her being a slight color of yellow, myself.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 12:15:58 PM »
Her yellowing may have been caused by her hair leaking at some point in the past - perhaps if she was washed in too warm water. I would initially try a magic eraser and see if that clears any of the surface staining up and if not a sun fade is the best bet.

I dont like using benzoyl peroxide on ponies but on white ponies its normally fine and will work.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »
If it's "sunburn" from sunfading, from my experience, that makes them discolor to a more brownish-beige. All-over mildew-staining to me is more of a yellow-brown and can be sunfaded. If it's yellow from her hair, it would be more like highlighter yellow, and that *can* be sunfaded, although it takes a while, and when I did it, her pink balloon string faded to white even though it was covered.

Hair bleeding, see the Baby Surprise on the right; mildew discoloring, the Moondancer on the top left or the body (as compared to the head) of the Lickety Split on the bottom right:

svetilda

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 03:40:16 PM »
Thank you everyone!

As I said I've heard about her color leaking and this is why I don't want to have to deal with liquids.

Elisto, thank you SO much for the picture! No, my Surprise doesn't have yellowing from her hair. She looks like Moondancer in your picture.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
Hm, well that Moondancer was pretty dark for mildew stains, so it's still possible if your Surprise looks like that, then it might be sunburn. Personally, I'd just try sunfading anyway and see if it gets lighter or darker since for me, even if it got darker, that's still not any worse. If you want to do that, I'd suggest just doing one side or one portion first, that way you have the rest of the pony to compare to.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
Yes, I agree with Elisto - if she is as creamy brown a colour as that Moondancer and not simply yellowed, its possible an age mark issue which has developed over time. If you do sun fade her, make sure to keep an eagle eye on her - its very easy for her to discolour further then.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal