collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Removing stains from blind bag figures?  (Read 154 times)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Removing stains from blind bag figures?
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »
I took my blindbag rainbowfied Fluttershy and Muffin Pony with me when I went away last weekend and only remembered to take them out of my bag today. Both are stained,not severely,but both have dark grey marks around their ears and bottom of their hooves. Does anybody know how to remove it? (and is there a way to remove the stain without removing paint from the pony? Fluttershy has some marks at the bottom of her legs but as she's rainbowfied,she has butterflies on her legs and I don't want to accidentally remove them!)

Thanks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Removing stains from blind bag figures?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »
Are the stains over the paint?

Initially you could try acetone on a q-tip and swipe it gently and in very small quantities over the areas [as long as there is no paint]. Or even a very small corner of a magic eraser.

It really depends on how bad the stains are - I have had blind bags which cleaned up after a good clean with soap and water; the plastic is less porous than regular ponies so that helps keep stains on the surface then being absorbed into the plastic and therefore a little easier to remove normally.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Re: Removing stains from blind bag figures?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:29:37 AM »

Initially you could try acetone on a q-tip and swipe it gently and in very small quantities over the areas [as long as there is no paint]. Or even a very small corner of a magic eraser.

It really depends on how bad the stains are - I have had blind bags which cleaned up after a good clean with soap and water; the plastic is less porous than regular ponies so that helps keep stains on the surface then being absorbed into the plastic and therefore a little easier to remove normally.

Muffin's stains aren't on her paint, some of Fluttershy's are though. I will try soap and water and acetone (just not on the painted areas) and I will let you know how I get on. Thanks :) I did read that clay helps too but I didn't want to buy any just to get a few little stains off

Post Merge: May 18, 2014, 02:54:51 PM

I tried water and soap as well as nail polish remover (as it contains acetone) but neither worked really :( I think we have a magic eraser somewhere so will try that too but if not I will just leave it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:54:51 PM by CupcakeLoverXx »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal