collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What generation did you start with?

Fakie
G1
G2
G3/G3.5
G4

Author Topic: Who started it all for you?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
Re: Who started it all for you?
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2014, 02:06:24 PM »
I couldn't tell you who my first pony was when I was a child, but the one that started my new collection was So-Soft Hippity Hop.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
My collecting started with my childhood G1s (not sure who was my very first pony, maybe Sports-Time?) and the Butterfly Island G3s that were being sold at the time I got into collecting. I got Bowtie first, then Seaspray and Kiwi Tart shortly after. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
I had the g2 canopy playset as a young girl,  but who really started me off as a collector now was my eighteenth birthday present - Basket Surprise Sweetberry

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2014, 02:46:30 PM »
I had a basket full of G1 MLPs when I was a kid from before I could form memories (so some time between 1989 and 1992.) Mom says she bought them at a rummage sale in the church down the street. It was a pre-made collection of almost 30 ponies!
Here're the ponies who were in it, if interested:
Spoiler
Cotton Candy, Snuzzle, Peachy, Lemondrop, Moondancer, Baby Glory, Wind Whistler, Cupcake, Shady, Milky Way, Up Up and Away, Sugarberry, Love Melody, Merriweather (either the previous owner favored TAFs, or didn't like them and got rid of them!), TE Skyrocket, Star Hopper (store version), all the ponies from the Slumber Party pack, flutters Forget-Me-Not and Hollywood (neither had wings), 4-Speed, SHS Garden Glow, DnP Tap Dancer, and Seawinkle, plus Baby Splasher's floatie, Twinkles the cat, random pieces from the Slumber Party set, and a VHS of Rescue at Midnight Mountain. Oh! And a pink Remco donkey. :) Also, there might have been one more so soft...I have a tiniest memory of a flocked pink pegasus, and I can't figure out if it was Hippity Hop or (more likely) Best Wishes.

Here's a picture of my remaining original ponies, if you want to look. (I kept Baby Glory and let my Mom sell the whole collection to an antique toy store...then a year later had to go and buy them back :P What a fool I was!)
Spoiler

Yellow fakie was not part of the original collection - I got her as a party favor when I was four or five and just loved her. I guess I could say she was a first pony, too, since she was the first never-owned pony toy.  ^.^
I'll put something here some time

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
I had Wind Drifter when I was little! I think that was all.

Then I bought Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy as I got into FiM, then I started to get into other gens. I got Wind Drifter, Forget Me Not and Cloud Puff in a lot all together! The first of hundreds, and to think I told myself I would only buy a few ponies! XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
As far as a pony that was actually/originally mine and wasn't a hand-me-down from an older family member, it would have to be G2 Ivy.
Collecting-wise, would have to be Rarity and/or Princess Celestia. :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »
As a child my first pony was Cotton Candy. As an adult, I discovered G2s in the store and fell in love again. Sky Skimmer became my first collection pony.

Elf

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
G1's. I can't exactly remember who my first one was...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2014, 06:55:26 AM »
Chief was the first pony I fell in love with (my cousin had him) but my family was always too poor to buy ponies, toys were something we did without.

Then I found a Sugarberry at a thriftshop and though ok just one. Then I watched the g4 cartoon and passed a Fashion Style AJ at walmart. I HATED the way the AJ toy looked so passed her up. I watched a few more episodes of FIM and thought you know what I'll just get the little AJ. Bought her, then realized she needed friends.... Then it all hit with a spiral of searching thrift stores to see what I could find. I told myself I would only collect ponies I found at thriftstores......

So its kind of a weird thing for me, I'm not sure g1? g4?

svetilda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2014, 09:20:04 AM »
My DD started it all! :P
But seriously, at her preschool they have some of G1 ponies and some fakies from that time. Her very favorite one is a Wonder Pony fakie. I decided because those toys were/are very important to her (DD is graduating from the preschool but she has only started to speak English, so she found some comfort in ponies when she couldn't express herself) to buy the ponies they have there. But somehow the very first ponies I bought for her were mommy and baby Surprise even though they don't have them at the preschool. And since then I was hooked! So, for me it started from the Surprise family.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2014, 10:56:21 AM »
I'm not entirely sure who my first pony was, as ponies go as far back as I can remember in my life. In my sisters collection though, it was most certainly a Peachy :D

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »
I remember my mum letting me choose my first pony, which was cherries jubilee. My mum thought she was lovely too! I think I must have been between 3 and 4 as I remember being in the shop. So that was '85 to '86. It was so easy to pick ponies up from the market second hand for 50p or £1, I wish I'd bought more! We didn't have many from new, only a handful. Between me and my sister we had about 30 ponies in varying condition. I've still got them all. We were very careful with them!

Then in march 2007 I bought masquerade from ebay, can't remember why I decided to look for ponies. So she restarted me buying. And now I have over a hundred, including the ones from my childhood. :-) all g1.
Jules x

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
My first pony was a G3 Starcatcher with the VHS video. I remember I was so thrilled when my parents bought it for me. :) After that it was history and my interest in G3s skyrocketed. :D

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
G1 FF Cotton Candy. I was an 80s child! :biggrin:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »
My first (and only  ;) ) My little Pony was Tickle, I received her for Xmas when I was little I still remember having the paquet in my hand and looking at the nice packet with the pony Inside I was soooo hapy I love so much Pegasus and rainbow  ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ then I had two Remco one adult and one baby who glowed in the dark.

As an adult, everything started when I had the idea to find again a Tickle (as my father in law trhough to garbage all my toys and my sister toys  :huh: ) I have found one !! and I discovered all the other ponies!! WOW WOW WOW what a nice surprise to discover so many other lovely ponies!!!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal