collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you prefer pony toys to have the cutie mark on one side or both sides?

One Side
Both Sides
Don't Mind

Author Topic: Do you prefer pony toys to have the cutie mark on one side or both sides?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Both sides. Better play, better display, better for photos. Better.
I could forgive the G3s because they were bigger, had more hair, more poses and more gimmicks, but I really can't forgive the G4s for having the marks only on one side. How cheap can you get?

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Both sides all the way. Grew up with G1, so that's what I'm used to. Better display options when symbols are on both sides too. I don't hate one sided symbols, but certainly would prefer them to be on both sides.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Both sides......that way you can pick the best side to display. It seems like if they only have one cutie mark there is always a strange paint mark or something on that side....

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Both sides, without a doubt.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I don't care myself. G3s never bothered me and honestly I never noticed it until I heard people complaining here. :)

^ This.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Can't say it bothers me anymore. I love my G1s and the symbols on both sides, but having it on just the one side doesn't really bug me anymore.

I think previously my main annoyance was having to face a pony a certain way because it had the symbol on just one side. But now I'm not fussed, I'm too tired to let small details bug me anymore.

my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Both sides for me too :) However I actually dont mind symbols on G3s; I think their designs are poses and styles are cleverer and cuter than G4 and for some reason having a symbol on one side kind of works for them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Wow, I knew lots of people liked them on both sides but I didn't think almost EVERYONE would xD I guess I just like it on one side because in the show they say "cutie mark" not "cutie marks" implying there should only be one. But that's just me I guess xD

G4s have symbols on both sides in the show, though, don't they? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen too much of FiM ^^;

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Lol I'm old school and still call them symbols and want them on both sides. :lol:

This^

What really drives me crazy about G4 is when Hasbro releases a pony who has special markings on both sides but the symbol on only one side.  If Hasbro is  going to paint the pony all over and charge me more for her, why do they insist on only putting the symbol on one side?!

Post Merge: May 17, 2014, 10:31:00 AM

Wow, I knew lots of people liked them on both sides but I didn't think almost EVERYONE would xD I guess I just like it on one side because in the show they say "cutie mark" not "cutie marks" implying there should only be one. But that's just me I guess xD

G4s have symbols on both sides in the show, though, don't they? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen too much of FiM ^^;

You would be correct.  All animation in all of the generations including G3 and G4 have the symbols/cutie marks on both sides.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:31:00 AM by Sunset »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
It's so much better on two sides for so many reasons..

*More display options
*More accurate
*Looks better
*Matches the ponies on the shows

Hasbro even said it's always on the display side of the packaging, meaning they are cutting corners to save money and not bothering putting it on the other side for G3, G3.5 and G4 which I think is really lazy, I'm glad atleast Funko ponies finally got the okay to have it on both sides!

For Sale Wants

Offline Ninox

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Definitely both. Hasbro kind of did a half-butted* job with G3 and G4.

*Phrase sanitized for younger readers.
Looking for these two little Soma fakies:

(photos by Angervo and littlefox)

My Sales Thread

Socks

I definitely prefer both sides. That way they can be displayed however you like. ^^
I even do that with my drawings so no matter what way the pony is facing, you can see the entire design. :)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile

They do but it's only to save time for the animators, I remember them saying once xD

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Both sides,I like to take pony photography and if I have two ponies face each other then one of them will always look like a "blank flank",which is really annoying to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal