collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The truth behind the 12 inch Chinese Plushies  (Read 34467 times)

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The truth behind the 12 inch Chinese Plushies
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2014, 12:58:03 AM »
They're cheapest on OnlyFactory, even if you don't back. But they also show up on 123cosplay and eBay as well.

Keelee, thanks so much for doing the review/comparison with NMM and Aurora Luna! I really love seeing and reading about the differences between the plush. Are you going to get 4DE Luna in the fall? I'd be really curious to see another review comparing her to the OF NMM and Aurora Luna.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2014, 08:39:06 AM »
Keelee, thanks so much for doing the review/comparison with NMM and Aurora Luna! I really love seeing and reading about the differences between the plush. Are you going to get 4DE Luna in the fall? I'd be really curious to see another review comparing her to the OF NMM and Aurora Luna.

Thank you, I'm glad someone found it interesting! :happy: You know I think I will have to get 4DE Luna now, hehe, so I can have Luna in her three major forms! (S1, S2 onwards, and NMM.) I think the way they're doing her mane is going to look super cool. And I would be happy to compare them for you then. :) I'm still waiting on 4DE to release my Rarity, too! (It's funny, these two are actually my first pony plush because I'm trying to be very selective with my purchases, but even though I've been waiting for 4DE Rarity for much longer than I've known about these two, they've both managed to come out before her, let alone poor 4DE Luna!)

(Also, I love your DJ display! They look so cool all displayed together like that!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:45:09 AM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2014, 09:06:07 AM »
LOL Keelee, I got my Aurora Luna last night and was going to take the same pics you did for this thread!  XD 

My only complaint with NMM is the moon on her necklace thing, but that's not really even a complaint because it's well done and looks fine.  I am wondering if I can get her tail off so I can insert a wire or something to make it stand up better but honestly for $30 I'm probably not going to bother.  If I wanted her to be 100% perfect I'd make one myself, you know? ;)

And if I do not get 4DE Luna I will die.  Seriously. 

EDIT - I ordered the 3 new CMCs from OF too and they have shipped!  I will post pics when they arrive.  :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »
I can't wait for 4DE Luna...  but until then I did break down and get the knock-off too.  She is pretty cute.  For some reason I can't order off their regular site, so I got her from 123 cosplay, where she is still pretty cheap since the price includes shipping. :D

That Aurora Luna is aaaalmost cute enough to get, but there is something about her muzzle...

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »
That Aurora Luna is aaaalmost cute enough to get, but there is something about her muzzle...

Really?  I like her muzzle.  It's her legs and her tail that bother me.  Gonna be finding a way to stuff that sack tail, let me tell you. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »

Really?  I like her muzzle.  It's her legs and her tail that bother me.  Gonna be finding a way to stuff that sack tail, let me tell you.

Oh yeah- the tail does look like an empty sack.  So weird.  Also don't love that they cheaped out on the wings...

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
I liked the Aurora plushes when they first came out, but now they're near the bottom of the "like" scale for me. I really like the knock-offs...though i have yet to get my hands on a 4DE myself!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
Sorry to be off topic- but I love the looks of the 4DE ponies too- and can't wait for them to come out!

I actually contacted the 4DE sales contact (who has been the same all this time) and expressed my concerns that there won't be enough Lunas for all and that they will sell out like crazy. 

She said that they are making a LOT for the next waves, even though it is sounding more like 2015 for many of them (Fluttershy for fall)-  but not to worry because distribution will be awesome to many different places this time, and they don't anticipate any problems running out... (that made me feel better)

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »
LOL Keelee, I got my Aurora Luna last night and was going to take the same pics you did for this thread!  XD 

My only complaint with NMM is the moon on her necklace thing, but that's not really even a complaint because it's well done and looks fine.  I am wondering if I can get her tail off so I can insert a wire or something to make it stand up better but honestly for $30 I'm probably not going to bother.  If I wanted her to be 100% perfect I'd make one myself, you know? ;)

And if I do not get 4DE Luna I will die.  Seriously. 

EDIT - I ordered the 3 new CMCs from OF too and they have shipped!  I will post pics when they arrive.  :)

Whoops! XD Sorry about that, yours probably would have had better lighting! ;) Yeah, if I were able to change NMM in one way it would be make her mane stand out straight better, perhaps with a wire. But yeah, small issues here and there aside, she's still wonderful, and I don't foresee a licensed release of her in the future considering how there are far more popular characters who don't even have plushes yet.

I'm just thrilled that Aurora Luna is purple! ^^; I know blue is more show accurate, but man, I love Luna, and I love purple, so in this one case (all the Hasbro Luna toys, this plush) I like the slight inaccuracy. :enthralled: I bet her tail would look really nice stuffed though. Personally I would love it if her cutie mark/splotch and tail sparkles were on both sides! If they'd just done that she could be displayed perfectly from either side, but alas. That's really my only issue with her, and it's even smaller than those I have with NMM. I actually don't mind Luna's flat wings, they stand up nicely, have a beautiful (if 2D) shape, and I am such a sucker for that pretty iridescent fabric they used.

Niksilp

« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »

Thank you, I'm glad someone found it interesting! :happy: You know I think I will have to get 4DE Luna now, hehe, so I can have Luna in her three major forms! (S1, S2 onwards, and NMM.) I think the way they're doing her mane is going to look super cool. And I would be happy to compare them for you then. :) I'm still waiting on 4DE to release my Rarity, too! (It's funny, these two are actually my first pony plush because I'm trying to be very selective with my purchases, but even though I've been waiting for 4DE Rarity for much longer than I've known about these two, they've both managed to come out before her, let alone poor 4DE Luna!)

(Also, I love your DJ display! They look so cool all displayed together like that!)
I look forward to seeing a comparison with 4DE Luna in the future then :D

And thank you. I'm quite happy with how my DJ display has turned out. :) I can't get enough of her.

AJLareneg

« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Where are you guys getting aurora luna?

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »
Where are you guys getting aurora luna?

I got mine on eBay for $23 total (it looks like the seller I bought her from still has a couple left!), but you can get her on ToyWiz for $25 + shipping.

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
I preordered from Toywiz.  Other than there and ebay I haven't seen any for sale anywhere else yet. 

AJLareneg

« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »
Ah alright. I know a local shop that sells the aurora ponies, I didn't know if they had hit retail yet. It's a small shop so I'd rather support them. They did say they were getting Luna and spike in as well.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2014, 02:20:03 AM »
Well- I'm surprised nobody's posted here about it, but it looks like these guys might be getting shut down!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Link: http://www.onlyfactory.com/u/oft

I'm very upset :(
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal