collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone ever had sellers remorse?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline mlpgirly

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone ever had sellers remorse?
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »
I have a lot. But most recently, I gave away a so soft talking newborn and as I was unpacking my collection I found pinkie pie. It made me regret giving seat the rainbow dash. So, I just bought a used one from eBay. I guess I should learn my lesson--never sell or give away ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever had sellers remorse?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:53:40 PM »
at the very beginning of my collection I have found a very lovely and great condition French Firefly and after a lovely French Glory. At a moment I though I had to many ponies so I sold them thinking that if one day I want them again I will find some. But no  :cry: :huh: I took me a very long time to find french Firefly back and I just found 2/3 months ago a new French Glory!! I have learned now!!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:25:16 AM »
I had a couple of these moments and I still catch myself when I sell toys, sometimes other stuff too, while I pack them for shipping.
I really miss some of my old plushies like the Rainbow Brite Horse and some ponies that I gave away years ago. It's attached memories must of the time that make me keep sth that I really don't need and what makes me regret giving sth away.

Send via Tapatalk on my Galaxy - blame autocorrect for every mistake ;)

:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:09:52 AM »
Yes a lot! When I first started collecting I decided I was going to just have a small collection so picked a few sets to collect. Any extras I got I would sell, boy did I sell some beauties, a lot of European releases which I am now trying to collect   :huh:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:15 AM »
MOC Italy Surprise ... I so regret selling her. At that time I really needed the money, but now I fear I will never find her again.

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:16 AM »
Most definetly! Oh lavender lace please come back to me!!!!!! I know she's not a super rare pony or anything but oh my god do I miss her  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
At least I know she is with a lovely person who is taking care of my pony (lol, my pony lol) xxx
802 and counting........

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 05:00:47 AM »
Yep, several G2's  I had loose :(

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 06:05:22 AM »
It is the fear of seller's remorse that has kept me from selling any ponies :/  I did have a big, common duplicate/G3 playset purge before my last move where some lucky Tampa area collector got a super bargain because I just didn't want the hassle of actually trying to sell the ponies for their actual worth, but the only thing I regret about that is that I could have gotten a TON more money out of those ponies.  My husband seems to be secretly afraid of the seller's remorse thing, too, because he refuses to let me sell anyone from my collection.  And by refuses, I mean simply will not allow it.  If a pony comes into this household, it's apparently here to stay.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 06:32:42 AM »
Lol, like so many here I dread letting go of ponies, especially for money. I have traded a few for new G1 ponies to my herd, and that's about all I can manage. I have soooo many first wave flutter ponies it's painful, but I think the pain would be worse if I - gasp! - sold them! My family is under STRICT orders never to sell my collection, even if I die! So someday I expect there will be a "Sarah Memorial Pony Museum" in existence here in Minnesota. Discount admission for Arena members!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 06:33:37 AM »
Sometimes. Usually childhood things like my hot wheel cars. But I know they are loved and being played with since I gifted them to a friend for his son. :) The hot pink jeep is his favorite! I took pictures of everything before getting rid of them so if I miss them I go look through the pictures and it usually satisfies the longing.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 07:17:54 AM »
After selling 150 of my MOC G1s...all the time. But we moved into a small apartment and I just don't have the room to take my collection out so selling what I never got to look at was a bit easier:/ Still miss them but I have my pics.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »
Not yet... so far I have only sold doubles. Closest thing is that I briefly had Mochanut, but she was intended for a swap so I had to say goodbye to her, and I miss her! That doesn't really count though as I purchased her for the purpose of giving her to someone else. XD I keep scanning ebay hoping to find her for a good price.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline mellowhen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 07:39:59 AM »
Lol, like so many here I dread letting go of ponies, especially for money. I have traded a few for new G1 ponies to my herd, and that's about all I can manage. I have soooo many first wave flutter ponies it's painful, but I think the pain would be worse if I - gasp! - sold them! My family is under STRICT orders never to sell my collection, even if I die! So someday I expect there will be a "Sarah Memorial Pony Museum" in existence here in Minnesota. Discount admission for Arena members!

My friend and I were just talking about how lovely it would be to have a museum dedicated to My Little Ponies. :)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »

My friend and I were just talking about how lovely it would be to have a museum dedicated to My Little Ponies. :)

I hope someday some wealthy pny collector will start a pony museum

Offline candiedapples

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 08:53:12 AM »
I have definitely regretted selling some of my Blythe dolls :( I miss them because as custom dolls, it's not possible to replace them. As for ponies, I haven't run into seller's remorse yet, because the ones I've adopted out are pretty attainable if I ever wanted to find them again.

Summer Daze Swap Wishlist
Banner made by dashesndots

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal