collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check on many sets of g1 ponies  (Read 1037 times)

Offline RustyGusty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Price check on many sets of g1 ponies
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:20:18 AM »
Hello! :)

I've had a big collection of ponies, and I didn't play with most of them at all, just collected. So I think they're all in really great condition and I probably still have all accessories (if I can just match them).

Would like some advice on value, or to know which sets or individual ponies are most rare.

Sunshine Ponies
All six.
Can probably find all butterfly brushes or sun combs if helped with identification.

Candy Cane / Sugar Sweet Ponies
Four: Caramel Crunch, Sugar Sweet, Molasses, and Sugar Apple.
Can probably find all candy brushes if helped with identification, have two with ribbons still attached.

Merry Go Round Ponies
Four: Sunnybunch, Brilliant Blossoms, Flower Bouquet, and Tassles.
Can probably find all flower brushes if helped with identification.

Rainbow Curl
All four. Can probably find all star brushes if helped with identification.

Tropical Pony
All four. Can probably find all bird brushes if helped with identification.

Rockin' Beat
All four. Guitarbrush for Pretty Beat, Half Note and Sweet Notes. The latter two have their ribbons attached.

Secret Surprise
All but Stardazzle, with keys except Pretty Puff.

School-time Ponies
All four with bags. Can probably find all letter combs if helped with identification.

Flower Ponies
All four. Can probably find all flower combs or brushes if helped with identification.

Cookery Ponies
All four with aprons. Can probably find all combs if helped with identification.

Romance Ponies
All four. Can probably find all combs or brushes if helped with identification.

I'm not 100% sure I'm willing to sell them, or maybe not all sets, and I may put them on ebay if I do. But I'm looking to complete my Jem doll collection, so I do need money. But first of all a price check and see which ones are worth selling. :)

Hope someone can help, thanks :)

Post Merge: May 13, 2014, 02:10:13 PM

Anyone have just a clue for me on what sets of ponies are more rare? Please?

Maybe these sets are very common and not so interesting. You My Little Pony collectors are so lucky to collect a line that was so heavily massproduced that rarities are a rare thing. I do have quite a few other ones that should be a bit more rare though. Maybe I'll ask about those later. :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:10:13 PM by RustyGusty »

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price check on many sets of g1 ponies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
I'm no good with pricing really, but I know that some of your accessories will be a little more sought after than some of the ponies. I'm going to guess that your Romance Ponies and Cookery Ponies might be the slightly harder to find ones, particularly for the US market  :)  Unfortunately you are missing Diamond Dream and Sparkler from the MGR ponies and they are most sought after/expensive from that set, likewise Lemon Treats and Mint Dreams from the Candy Cane Ponies.  mylittlewiki is great for matching up accesories, I find  ;) Type in the name of the pony and there are usually pics or descriptions of the accessories http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

I am looking for some aprons and combs for my cookery ponies and school ponies respectively, so I'm bookmarking your thread just in case you are looking to sell!  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »
Gosh thats a lot of ponies to price check!

Unless you have stated you absolutely have accessories then the price check below assumes the pony does not come with them. Some of the harder find colours and shades may do better sold separately anyway. Also I am assuming super nice condition.

Wave Runner - $8
Shoreline - $8
Seaflower - $15-16
Beachball - $8-10
Mainsail - $7
Sand Digger - $8-10
All of these assume the hair is in very good condition which can of course be problematic for this set

Caramel Crunch - $8
Sugar Sweet - $6-8
Molasses - $6-8
Sugar Apple - $12

Sunnybunch - $8
Brilliant Blossoms - $8-10
Flower Bouquet - $10
Tassles - $8-10

Streaky - $10-12
Stripes - $8-10
Ringlets - $8-10
Raincurl - $8

Hula Hula - $8-10
Pina Colada - $8-10
Sea Breeze - $10-12
Tootie Tails - $7-8

Pretty Beat with brush - $16-18
Half Note with brush - $16
Sweet Notes with brush - $16
Tuneful - $12

Pretty Puff - $16
Secret Star with key - $22
Secret Beauty with key - $22

Music Time with bag - $22
Art Time with bag - $22
Sports Time with bag - $20-22
Play Time with bag - $20-22

Snowdrop - $15-16
Daffodil - $18-20
Tulip - $10-12
Bluebell - $16

Nice n Spicy with apron - $24-26
Sweet Delight with apron - $22
Vanilla Treat with apron - $25
Cherry Sweet with apron - $22

Love Story -$22
Love Token - $15
Love in a Mist - $15-16
Love Letter - $15

The last 4 sets there are the hardest to find of them all as they were Euro/Aus released only where as the others were also released in the US. The sets you have with bag/apron and guitar brush will run higher because those accessories are rather sought after and it adds to the ponies total value.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »
If you do decide you want to sell on here I would be interested in Pretty Beat with her guitar brush.  I've been trying to track it down for awhile. :)

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:11:32 AM »
Thanks Marlin for the information and the link, will check it out right away and start matching togheter accessories with ponies. Sorry to hear I'm missing the most rare two ponies for MGR and Candy Cane, sometimes the stores I bought them in only carried a few of them although I wanted them all. And some of these I bought on travels to Germany. And nice avatar btw! :)

Thanks hathorcat for the pricelist for them all, and the info, that's very nice of you. I was hoping for alot more for atleast some of them, but I guess it's not impossible on ebay depening on the amount of collectors at the moment.

And cricket, if I decide to sell Pretty Beat, I'll let you know, even if it's on auction, I'll give you a link atleast.

Nice to see there are so many Europeans on this forum! :)

I'm going to try and upload some pictures once I matched them with accessories, but still not decided on which ones to sell. Just for the fun of it and so you can see the quality of them for starters.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »
Your MGR set will be light on Diamond Dreams and Sparkler, if you bought everything from here because we only got 4 out of 6 of them on this side of the ocean. :)

As for prices; if you have the matching accessories it is going to drive the price up on them - minty ponies with accessories on ebay can really get surprisingly pricey as people are willing to pay for condition. If you are hoping for as much as possible, ebay with a reserve is a good idea for the Euro sets and the sets with their hard to find accessories.
Loa is my love god!

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:28:15 AM »
hathorcat, that explains it. Too bad the other ones weren't available here in Europe. Thanks for the auction advice, I appreciate it very much. :)

Here comes the images...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And some info:
I haven't used any products to style their hair.
No hair styling tools.
The ones with curly hair have their original curls.
None of the ponies have pony cancer.
None of them have cut hair.
Their hair has barely been combed at all.
They haven't been exposed to alot of sunlight.

But all weren't completely perfect after all. A couple of Flower ponies have pink pen stains. Shoreline's tail is a little overcombed. One of the merry go round has something loose inside it, and another one has a little scratched off paint on the saddle.

Still haven't decided to sell them. But if I do, I'm probably going to sell some stuff privately, add a few on ebay and tradera.com and see what gives the best prices. I'm thinking the Euro ponies are more wanted by international buyers, rather than posting them on Tradera.

As you can tell by the pictures, I still haven't been able to match all combs/brushes. If anyone can pick out the right one among any of the ones with several, that would be nice.

Some more questions:

Is it recommended to sell sets in lots, or one by one? And with accessories or sell the accessories loose (since I'm not entirely sure of all ribbons and combs)?

Is it common for loose ponies to be sold with the exact correct comb/brush on ebay and do people expect you to know for sure for loose items? Will it help if I offer the buyers a picture of alternatives in similar colors to identify it themelves?

How likely is it that Rainbow Curl and Tropical ponies came with a comb rather than a brush? Can the European version have come with a comb? I see them also listed with a comb on mylittlewiki.org and it makes sense according to the combs I have. But I also have brushes. Anyone ever seen one of them come with a comb originally?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:31:48 AM by RustyGusty »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
Ok...here goes :)

They look in lovely condition :) - the Candy Canes with their barrettes are going to jump in price from the prices I mentioned before. As will the School Ponies with their ABC combs as well and the Secret Surprise with their combs. The more complete she is the more she is probably going to sell for. I quoted for ponies not including combs/brushes [unless I mentioned it] so all of their prices are going to be higher then mentioned if they are accompanied by brush and ribbon.

Your Euro ponies will sell higher if you open them up on ebay or here on auction to international sellers. I know some sellers prefer tradera which is completely understandable. But I will be honest and say you will get more people looking for and willing to pay for a Euro pony if you offer them for sale in countries where those ponies cannot be found in childhood collections or thrift shops and garage sales.

I would sell individually and not in lots. All of those ponies will find homes easily enough, especially as they are accompanied by their accessories. I would leave selling in a lot until the end just in case you have a stubborn pony or 2 struggling to sell - although with those sets I would doubt that. As you wish to make the most from the sale, you will more likely make more from individual sales - more people will spend a little more to get that 1 pony they are missing or want rather than spend super high and end up with 3 ponies they dont want or have to resell.

It is not that common for ponies to come with their matching accessories. In fact most ponies over the years seem to have lost their accompanying items and not every collector actually cares for accessories. So a complete pony with all her accompanying items does not pop up for sale too often. As to whether to sell them with accessories or sell without, its kind of 50/50. Sometimes ponies with accessories will sell for more than the sum of their parts on ebay. Not always, and its a gamble but over the years I know I have been occasionally happy to drop more money on a complete pony than I would probably have spent individually - just for ease and speed. However at other times I feel some ponies sell far too cheaply for what they are and what their accessories will sell for by themselves. Personally I would sell them accompanied by accessories at first; it will be quicker and easier for you. Selling accessories individually can be time consuming...unless you get a nut like me who will buy them in big expensive lots :P If you sell them with their accessories on ebay just make sure to note on your auctions you are not 100% sure on the accuracy of the colour of accompanying accessories - cover yourself so no one can come back and claim they were mislead. If you sell them with accessories on the Arena, I would give buyers the option to choose which comb/ribbon they wish to accompany the pony - thats good for them as a buyer and nice for you as a seller :)

Both the Rainbow Curls and the Tropicals came with combs - shooting star and fish - in their Euro releases.
Loa is my love god!

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 03:25:01 AM »
Wow you just posted everything I could possibly want to know about selling these ponies. It's a dream to have someone pay this much attention to my particular items and advice me so much on the specifics about each set and how to sell them. And I noticed you're one of the moderators of this forum, so it's an extra honor to have you take your time especially for me.

And thanks for the compliments on my ponies, I was thinking I kept them well, and nice to hear you agree. I just learned a new word in English, "barrettes". :)

I'm very happy to hear Rainbow Curls and Tropicals came with combs in the Euro release. Then I can exclude the brushes for those.

Nice to hear the accessories I found raises their value. It encourages me to see if I can even find and match some more of their accessories, like for the Secret Surprise ponies hopefully.

I will definitely take note of your advice of selling Euro ponies worldwide, and probably sell with accessories, and not in lots of several ponies. I might try selling one or two non-euro specific ponies on Tradera just to see what I can get there though.

I'll make sure to mention that I'm not a 100% certain of the match of combs, ribbons and such, and perhaps offer them to pick among a bunch.

If I post auctions on ebay, I'll return here with links so you can all have a chance at them and see how I do with my sales. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »
Its no problem :) Always happy to help! Good luck with your sales and if you need any more help let us know! :hug:
Loa is my love god!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »
Just have to add a 'hear hear' for hathorcat!

You are seriously awesome and endlessly helpful, Cat. I think we are very lucky to have someone like you on this forum  ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 11:22:52 AM »
Awwww...you guys are so sweet! Thank you Marlin :hug: Its just lovely to be part of a community where everyone is so encouraging and lovely.
Loa is my love god!

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 02:04:12 AM »
I've finally decided to part with most of my ponies, and sell them right here! And alot of additional ones aswell. It was a gigantic pain to decide whether to sell them, and a big job to look through them all to match accessories and look for defects, and take individual pictures. They're not all quite as perfect as I first thought. They're still almost unplayed with, but some have small dots/marks because of factory defects or being stored away togheter for so long.

Selling them here will be alot more comfortable than ebay, and I'm glad if it makes someone on this forum happy after all the info and help I got here. :)

Of course I'm kinda hoping there will be some bidding here though. But I made a new thread for that in another forum here at MLP Arena:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,355673.0.html

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »
 I just wanted to say, your ponies are gorgeous! I don't think I've seen ponies in half that good condition in a long time. Especially not so many at once. Those factory curls are swoon worthy.

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 01:57:05 AM »
Thanks Vertefae, very nice to hear. I like them very much too, and nice to hear that you can tell how gentle I've been with them. I wasn't much for playing with toys, rather collecting. I hate to part with them. But hopefully they'll find good homes and be as appreciated by their new owners. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal