collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rehair ? - Show-Accurate FS Rainbow Dash colors  (Read 346 times)

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
Rehair ? - Show-Accurate FS Rainbow Dash colors
« on: May 11, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Hi!
For a LONG time now, I've wanted to rehair my Fashion Style Rainbow Dash in show accurate hair colors.  For some reason, the fact that her mane/tail are not the same as the show colors drives me nuts.

Now that I finally have the time, finances and rehairing practice/skills under my belt to perform this procedure, does anyone know what colors to use on her?

I've looked online at dollyhair.com, but was wondering if anyone who has done a rehaired RD knows which colors would be an exact match (as the colors may vary from monitor to monitor and in real life).

here's a reference pic of her, and the six colors as they appear in her tail/mane...
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :)

AnnetheCatDetective

Re: Rehair ? - Show-Accurate FS Rainbow Dash colors
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 03:22:45 AM »
Luckily you can ask for five samples at a go and get a little card with a bit of each stuck on for an in-person look when it comes to the things you're stuck on, and you can also request to have two shades blended, but just eyeballing things as best I can (looking at the nylons only right now)...

Yellow streak: 'Lemon Drop' might be your best bet, though it's hard to be certain. 'Lemonade' looks too light and 'Butterfly' too dark.

Orange streak: 'Tigerlily' is a possibility, but could be too dark. 'Nectarine' might be too bright. 'Sunset' is definitely too pinky.

Red streak: 'Sugarberry' might work, since RD's red is on the cool pink-y side (I guess to better contrast against the orange). But it might err too far on the pink side. 'Candy Apple' could be the closest, I think 'Cherry Pie' is too dark and 'Firebird' is too neon and too warm/orangey.

Green streak: You're gonna need to blend to get this one, 'Envy' with either 'Key Lime' or 'Sour Apple Martini' might even out...

Blue streak: 'Bobby Blue' is the only nylon that looks remotely like RD's. It's a bright, warm blue-- a little too much, but a tiny bit of 'Forget Me Not' might temper that out if blended right. 'Forget Me Not' on its own is too cool and not bright enough. 'Lapis Sapphire' is too dark.

Purple streak: 'Ultraviolet' is closest. It's not quite dark enough but the darker ones are VERY dark, or go too warm. ('Vineyard Violet' in saran looks better, but if you want her to be all one type I think you'll have the most luck with nylon for all the others)

sunshine29102

Re: Rehair ? - Show-Accurate FS Rainbow Dash colors
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:20:26 PM »
Luckily you can ask for five samples at a go and get a little card with a bit of each stuck on for an in-person look when it comes to the things you're stuck on, and you can also request to have two shades blended, but just eyeballing things as best I can (looking at the nylons only right now)...

Yellow streak: 'Lemon Drop' might be your best bet, though it's hard to be certain. 'Lemonade' looks too light and 'Butterfly' too dark.

Orange streak: 'Tigerlily' is a possibility, but could be too dark. 'Nectarine' might be too bright. 'Sunset' is definitely too pinky.

Red streak: 'Sugarberry' might work, since RD's red is on the cool pink-y side (I guess to better contrast against the orange). But it might err too far on the pink side. 'Candy Apple' could be the closest, I think 'Cherry Pie' is too dark and 'Firebird' is too neon and too warm/orangey.

Green streak: You're gonna need to blend to get this one, 'Envy' with either 'Key Lime' or 'Sour Apple Martini' might even out...

Blue streak: 'Bobby Blue' is the only nylon that looks remotely like RD's. It's a bright, warm blue-- a little too much, but a tiny bit of 'Forget Me Not' might temper that out if blended right. 'Forget Me Not' on its own is too cool and not bright enough. 'Lapis Sapphire' is too dark.

Purple streak: 'Ultraviolet' is closest. It's not quite dark enough but the darker ones are VERY dark, or go too warm. ('Vineyard Violet' in saran looks better, but if you want her to be all one type I think you'll have the most luck with nylon for all the others)

Thanks for your help! :) Some of those colors are what I had in mind, too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal