collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Storage Advice  (Read 289 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
G3 Storage Advice
« on: May 10, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »
It just dawned on me yesterday that my cardboard box full of G3 ponies and accessories probably isn't the best way to store the poor things, and now I'm worried about them getting marks from being all piled on top of each other. They're not wrapped in paper etc, just sitting on top of each other the same way they were shipped to me. If it matters (color etc), these are the ponies and accessories (the page has photos and names). There's a good chunk of white ponies in there.

But the issue is I don't really have anywhere else to put them. :/ There's no room to put them on display anywhere. My G1s are in wooden drawers with a separate tissue on each one, but I'm all out of wooden drawers. I might be able to clear space in a plastic drawer and put them there, but would they be okay there? I could swear I've heard something about keeping them in plastic, which is why my G1s are in wooden drawers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyber-Satan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Storage Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
Unfortunately, I have the same issue with storage space with my G3s. I have well over 100 of them crammed into plastic storage boxes at the moment, but the good news is that they don't seem to get damaged by it. Their hair might become frizzy, but unless they are exposed to any elements that could cause damage such as damp areas or areas that could be too hot - they should be okay.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »
you could "store" some at my house!  ^w^
I'm only a few hours south of you!  LOL

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
you could "store" some at my house!  ^w^
I'm only a few hours south of you!  LOL

Lol. That is an awesome suggestion!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »
They will probably be fine and as long as you check them often enough you should catch any problems. However if you are worried I would pick up a box of freezer/ziplock bags and simply pop each one into her own bag [left open] and then put them back in the box they are in.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »
I haven't taken them out since I first got them, so that's a good place to start.

The bags idea is awesome. I'll have to try and get my hands on some but I don't know when it would be possible.

Should I put them in the plastic drawer for now?

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 11:49:24 PM »
As someone who has a few boxes (plastic and cardboard) of G1 and G3 ponies sitting around, I would actually think they will mostly be fine as is. The only issues I have with mine are messed up hair and occasionally a bit of squishing. If you put them in neatly you could probably avoid that though. Maybe certain ponies could cause damage to others in certain conditions (extreme heat maybe) but I haven't personally had that issue. =)

If you're going to keep them stored for like a year or more without taking them out at all to check/rearrange them, you may want to find a better solution though.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 07:02:30 AM »
For storage I use the plastic tubs that are just tall enough to fit one pony standing up and are around 18" wide by 36" long. This keeps the hair protected and if you want to store each in a baggie or wrap paper towel around the body, you can do it neatly.

I've never had an issue with long term storage or moving, but I've never kept them in a basement or attic. Even with a dehumidifier I don't trust it. Always store in a cool, dry place!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal