collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3.5 Love :)  (Read 3391 times)

Carcina

• Trade Count: (0)
G3.5 Love :)
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
Are there people out there who really LOVE g3.5?
I've seen many people who can't stand it, and others who tolerate it but don't like it much...

Surely there must be some people out there who think they're as awesome as I do?  :biggrin:

Do you have any? Share pics!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:01:57 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Re: G3.5 LOVE :)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »
After winning a G3.5 Rainbow Dash in a contest a while back, I've come the rather like them.  I love how thickly their manes are rooted!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:59:11 AM »
I am certain that they will acquire fans as the toyline's history goes on.  I think a lot of folks are still a little bitter about the re-releases and the Core 7 and how G3.5 is an offshoot of that... 

There's always something to collect in MLP and anyone has the right to enjoy G3.5 if they want! 

Share photos of your collection please!  Owner photos eventually win people over to start wanting...  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
I think the G3.5 artwork is terribly cute (not the cartoons though, they're just freaky! o_O). I would probably even go as far as saying that I prefer the G3.5 artwork over G3. I think the G3.5 Ponyville are definitely cuter than G3 Ponyville too.

The only G3.5s I have in my collection are part of my Cheerilee army. Here are a few of my G3.5 items:-

G3.5 TAF Cheerilee:-

A G3.5 Baby Cheerilee:-

A G3.5 Cheerilee Ponyville pony with accessories:-

A G3.5 German Blind Bag Cheerilee:-

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »
I think a lot of folks are still a little bitter about the re-releases and the Core 7 and how G3.5 is an offshoot of that... 

The tail end of Core 7 put me off of collecting, and then the G3.5s drove me away completely, and I stayed that way for a few years.  Honestly, I was still "mad" about the drastic change when G4s came out and put off collecting them for a while, too.

However, I went ahead and bought a G3.5 Rainbow Dash (because she's my favorite from G3s) and kind of went on from there.  I'm now 14 ponies away from having a complete collection of the brushable G3.5s (minus the babies... I don't care for them very much).  They do kind of grow on you.  I think they're really the kind that you have to hold in your hands to appreciate - pictures and seeing them in boxes don't really do them justice.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
I loooove the idea that they gave Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Cheerilee moms! This was really the first time in MLP history we got to see parents of characters since back in the G1 days! I really wish they were given names and appeared in some animation specials. Would have loved to see more of them :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: G3.5 Love :)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »
Its the line which most resembles G4 in my opinion and while I think every pony deserves love...but I cant find it in me to love them unfortunately :P They are just too odd for me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 12:33:17 PM »
I collect them. They do have great hair and had nice accessories. I love that the G4 blind bags fit the 3.5 ponyville buildings.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »
I collect them. They do have great hair and had nice accessories. I love that the G4 blind bags fit the 3.5 ponyville buildings.

A Hasbro moment of genius there: to save money and re-use molds, make the new toyline compatible with old playsets...  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »

A Hasbro moment of genius there: to save money and re-use molds, make the new toyline compatible with old playsets...  ;)

My daughter loves the ponyville sets and they hold up REALLY well to being dropped and smashed by a 2 year old. Not like the G4 playsets that explode with the slightest contact. I am constantly putting the G4 castle back together, We even glue it together and it just keeps falling apart. 

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
I think they are so adorable! Especially the babies which are actually quite hard for me to get my hands on.

Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
I really like them, I wasn't such a big fan from the start until I saw how much hate they got and after getting my first one I fell in love! <3

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
I admit the babies are pretty cute.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
I love the ponyville sets I use my breezes with them, and I am sill missing some of the 3.5 ones.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 05:53:36 PM »
I quite like them.  I like how they have a nice weight to them.  I have Toola Roola (my fave G3.5), TAF Cheerilee, TAF Sweetie Belle, TAF Star Song (love her!), TAF Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle (skirt version), Pinkie Pie (skirt version), Rainbow Dash (skirt version) all 7 as Pony Villes (including the gum ball house!  it is actually an awesome play set), and 3 babies (Sweetie Belle, Star Song, and Pinkie Pie).

I really love the New Born Cuties and I wish I had more of them, particularly Toola Roola since I like her best.

I will say that I find  Sweetie Belle's mold to be a bit off proportionally.  I don't know why (something about her neck and the open mouth are odd to me).

Overall, while it is not my favorite gen, I really do like these little guys.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal