collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever have a pony you like, but a symbol you hate?  (Read 6605 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever have a pony you like, but a symbol you hate?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
I think Majesty's symbol is supposed to be some sort of stylized Fleur de Lis. That was my first thought anyways.

I don't care for the Sweet Talking Ponies' symbols. They are ponies... whose symbols... are ponies. What?

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
This is true for me with a few of the flutter ponies, take Wind Drifter for example, her colours are so eye catching, but then you realize her symbol is a windmill. I is dizappoint!

Also, G2 was pretty bad for symbols overall, imo. The majority was boring generic cutesy heart/flowers/butterflies symbols, topped off with some downright weird ones like medicine bottles, wheelbarrows, human houses and handbags. And don't get me started on how the symbols/names never seem to match!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:04:30 AM by little.fox »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »
For me the pose is more of a problem. :P Like Sweet Stuff and Gingerbread, love the ponies, but the pose not so much.

I just think of them as guys! Gay guys :) If you need convincing you may wish to check this out:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338749.msg910765.html#msg910765

Post Merge: May 20, 2014, 07:29:30 AM

I cant say any particularly annoy me except perhaps for Chuck E Cheese. But thats mostly because its not a brand in the UK so its always a little peculiar to me.

I agree hers is odd - but I love it for that reason and might actually get her one day as a novelty. It's very 80's  ^.^

Post Merge: May 20, 2014, 07:31:10 AM

Cotton Candy looks more like Nerds.

At the end of the day, however, each one of My Little Ponies is a treasure that I am blessed to have in my family!

My cotton candy has cotton candy hair

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:37:11 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
Pillow Talk. Yegch!

Yep, this!

I Love Merry Treats her white body and her red and green hair....her symbol not so much.

It puts me off buying her :/

I don't care for the Sweet Talking Ponies' symbols. They are ponies... whose symbols... are ponies. What?

I grew up with a sweet talkin' pony and I loved her to bits, but I have always, always hated her symbol!! Annoys me to no end.

I dislike symbols that have faces, like stars with smiles and such, etc. Blech.

Birthday pony, poor girl looks like she got glue dumped on her and rolled in confetti and streamers  :(

The great hair ponies, brush and grow and the colourswirl ponies. I've never liked a majority of their symbols, the great hair ponies just have coloured squiqqles!

I adore Munchy, I really do, but the symbols? Processed meat by-products on a pony? Yeah, noooo.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
Pillow Talk. Yegch!

Yep, this!

I love Pillow Talk's moons and pillows and clouds. She embodies a good nap. If anybody doesn't want her - give all your Peetees to me ^^

Personally, I'm not a big fan of hearts. There can be a little heart here and there but I just don't appreciate a pony with a big heart shape on their butt (Cadence, Tangerine Twinkle, Sweetie Belle, etc.). Too carebear-y. Strangely enough, I can never have enough ponies with flower symbols.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
I do not like
rapunzel Merry Treats their marks have human faces on them, dunno why but it freaks me out, just have the tower or just holly, no reason to have creepy human faces on them
baby licorice - why do you have sushi all over you?
Munchy - her food always makes me think of her being oily, gross, and letting out a big smelly burp. I like her colors and pose so why give her marks that look like if she sat on my desk of papers there'd be grease spots where she was?

Too simple things like g3 Sand Dollar, g3 Tangerine Twinkle, and g3 Paradise Palms come on hasbro, some cool ponies, cool colors, cool poses, but where did you get those symbols, the dollar tree 3D sticker section?

I dislike all the g4s that use the same generic gem stone mark (mostly just shows up in blind bags but I'm counting it) Banana Fluff? Why do you have gem stones and not a banana sundae, or a banana cluster?!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 12:12:05 PM »
I'm kind of sad about all of these don't like threads lately... But anywhoo... I honestly haven't found a pony with a symbol I don't like so maybe I can say that I wish more ponies had glitter or glow in the dark symbols!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »
I'm kind of sad about all of these don't like threads lately...

:like:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

AlmostApplejack

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
There's not many ponies like that for me. For me, it's moreso with fakies. I have seen beautiful fakies, but their symbol just does not match the pony whatsoever and I have left behind ponies because of their garish symbol.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 12:57:09 AM »
For me the pose is more of a problem. :P Like Sweet Stuff and Gingerbread, love the ponies, but the pose not so much.

I just think of them as guys! Gay guys :) If you need convincing you may wish to check this out:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338749.msg910765.html#msg910765

Lol, never tought about that. I did always think its an manly pose.  :biggrin:

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »
Starglow comes to mind first. She's lovely but her piano symbol just looks weird. I'd much prefer her with a planet or something! Maybe I should look for one with really rubbed symbols so I can just remove them and maybe paint my own.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 05:52:49 AM »
I like symbols to be detailed or interesing. Basic stars and flowers are a bit like eh

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
I adore Munchy, I really do, but the symbols? Processed meat by-products on a pony? Yeah, noooo.

Maybe they are made of vegan meat ;)

YellowCat

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 08:14:27 AM »
I'm not fond of ponies with food symbols.  Doesn't it seem a little odd that ponies would have pictures of human food on them, especially Munchy who has meat-based foods pictured on her?  In some places in the world ponies are used as meat, so a pony with meat symbols just seems a bit strange.  Fruits and vegetable are one thing, but sweets and baked goods are another.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 08:37:34 AM »
Baby Moondancer has a cute symbol... but someone here (I have no idea who!) mentioned it looks like a sad face, and now I can't unsee it!

Same for me! I never noticed it til someone on the Arena pointed it out and now I see a sad face whenever I look at her XD

I don't really like most of the Happy Tails and Magic Message symbols. Which is a shame because there are some really pretty ponies in that line.
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal