collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Embroidery machines!  (Read 887 times)

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Embroidery machines!
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »
Hey you people who do embroidery- who makes the best embroidery machines in your opinion? I've been looking into buying one, and have been eyeballing a local Kijiji ad for months now for a Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond. Does anyone have any experience with this machine in particular? If not, maybe tell me a bit about your make and model? I'd appreciate it lots, I'm a little lost  ^^; mostly looking into single needle for affordability (and because I'm a beginner), but curious about 4-6 multi needle as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Embroidery machines!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
I have a Brother and have absolutely zero negative things to say about it.  :)  It's super-easy to use and functions as a giant USB stick for transferring designs. 

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:08:37 PM »
Great, thanks for weighing in! I've seen your work around and the embroidery always looks impeccable, so I'll definitely look into Brother brand. What model do you have, Skeen?

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
I have a Brother as well :) Santa brought it, and no complaints so far! I picked the 770.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »
I have a Brother as well :) Santa brought it, and no complaints so far! I picked the 770.

Your embroidery is nice and clean as well, I'm looking through Brother models now. Canadian dealers sure mark them up! I think ordering from Amazon.com and swallowing customs fees would be cheaper than buying domestic X.x I'll keep hunting, thanks for the reply.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »

Your embroidery is nice and clean as well, I'm looking through Brother models now. Canadian dealers sure mark them up! I think ordering from Amazon.com and swallowing customs fees would be cheaper than buying domestic X.x I'll keep hunting, thanks for the reply.

Amazon was the best deal for me; under $600 and free shipping.

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 06:40:07 PM »
I have an SE400, and it was something like $300 shipped.  Ebay, I think.  Mr Skeen got it for me because I was unbelievably jealous of Aadra310's Singer machine.  I do a lot of my own digitizing for the symbols. 

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »
I have an SE400, and it was something like $300 shipped.  Ebay, I think.  Mr Skeen got it for me because I was unbelievably jealous of Aadra310's Singer machine.  I do a lot of my own digitizing for the symbols.

I have the same machine and I love it!

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 11:18:52 AM »

I have the same machine and I love it!

::high five::  That little beeping noise it makes when it's done embroidering is the best sound in the world. 

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 11:24:48 AM »

I use the same machine too!  Although I don't do much embroidering, I love the machine!

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
Sweet, these are seriously affordable machines! I appreciate the lead on which brand is best, thanks you guys :biggrin:

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 06:50:21 PM »
I have a Brother PE770 as well, wonderful machine and an excellent starting price.  I was thinking about getting an industrial, but for that price I could get a bunch of PE770's that would do the same thing LOL

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 03:38:12 PM »
One thing I'll say, whatever machine you do end up getting, don't skimp on the quality of your materials!  :)  Use good threads and quality stabilizer, and read tutorials!

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »
I have a PE 200 (snoopy/peanuts edition) but it doesn't work anymore, and I don't have software for my own images either. I would love to have a machine on which it's easy to transfer your own designs and either comes with the software or has cheap software available. When we bought ours back in the day (over 12 years ago) it was a top-notch machine and very expensive, but nowadays there are much better ones out there that are cheaper then to have it restored. We can't seem to part with it though as my grandmother gave it to us and she's passed away (stupid materialism :P :(). Loved her so much <3
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 02:32:14 PM »
I have a Brother PE770 as well, wonderful machine and an excellent starting price.  I was thinking about getting an industrial, but for that price I could get a bunch of PE770's that would do the same thing LOL

It seems the overall popular model is the PE770 ^^ It does do a nice job from what I can see, and if you really think I'd get the same results with this as an industrial I'd be better off saving my money I think.

One thing I'll say, whatever machine you do end up getting, don't skimp on the quality of your materials!  :)  Use good threads and quality stabilizer, and read tutorials!

All extremely good advice, much appreciated! I'll likely go for lessons somewhere once I get a machine, I want to be able to clean and maintain my machine properly.

I have a PE 200 (snoopy/peanuts edition) but it doesn't work anymore, and I don't have software for my own images either. I would love to have a machine on which it's easy to transfer your own designs and either comes with the software or has cheap software available. When we bought ours back in the day (over 12 years ago) it was a top-notch machine and very expensive, but nowadays there are much better ones out there that are cheaper then to have it restored. We can't seem to part with it though as my grandmother gave it to us and she's passed away (stupid materialism :P :(). Loved her so much <3

Aww! I think that's so sweet :) I looked it up, it's a cute little machine. I have a hard time letting go of things, too ;P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal