collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any other otherkin?  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Any other otherkin?
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
I did hear a lot about this after Avatar came out. People were getting depressed because they couldn't be part of a culture that was so "spiritual and one with nature."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
Vertefae and Corona, thank you for your input... it's helping me understand a TON!

And I know there was a request for no more questions, and I really want to have no more to ask, but I think I finally have the Furry vs Otherkin difference per Aura's definitions figured out.  By the assumptions made here, being a Furry involves the act of dressing up as the entity in question, where being an Otherkin involves some sort of spiritual/emotional link to the entity in question?  So, this would allow a person to be JUST a Furry if they really thought it was fun to dress up as wolf, but not an Otherkin if they didn't actually have some sort of inner bond to a wolf?  And it would allow another person to be JUST an Otherkin if they lived their lives honoring that inner bond to a wolf but never dressed up as one?  This would explain how one is viewed as a hobby while the other is viewed as a lifestyle (and please note, I am NOT trying to define either of these... just trying to figure out the difference between them, per Aura's description), and how a person could be both.  I'm really, really sorry... I'm truly trying to understand  :lookround:

(Again, I cannot stress enough that I'm not trying to belittle either Furries or Otherkin or anyone for that matter.  I just find these sort of spiritual - and I may be using that for a lack of a more accurate word - links to other beings as extremely intriguing.  If I have offended anyone, I'm terribly sorry  :blush: )

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »
Katika is mostly right!

Except, I'd avoid saying furry is about dressing up because not all furries own fursuits.
We're pretty infamous for blowing our money, sure, but they're just too expensive for a lot of us. :P
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »
How has this thread been here so long and been so busy that I haven't seen it before?  It was interesting ready through all the commentary and how... diverse opinions are.

I'm Otherkin. I'm a dragon. To be more precise, I'm a draconid. I am NOT a fantasykin. I have never heard any other draconids call themselves anything relating to fantasy. Just because dragons do not currently walk this planet/plane does not mean they are not real.

I also have fantasy limbs - wings and a tail and horns. The wings in particular have been with me a long time.

My dragon self is primarily quadruped/feral, however, most of the time I feel it in anthro. It's an overlapping of the two frames of mine.

I 'came into' my draconity during my first year of university, in 1996. That is when everything that I had been feeling for the previous 16 years fell into place. ^.^  It was awwwwwwesome. Found my soul name a few months later.

I'll entertain questions, if I see them. Though I can only answer for myself and how I see things - I've found otherkin tend to vary a lot in how they feel and perceive things. What is true for one, isn't necessarily true for all.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »
Aah! I love meeting dragons!

You guys are so cool. =u=

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »
Which Avatar, the one with the blue guys or the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender movie? :-o

Sorry I didn't answer you. The Avatar movie with the blue creatures.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2014, 02:56:16 PM »
This thread is very interesting to me. The complexities of the human psyche never cease to amaze me. :)

I think the closest I get to this feeling is either when I think about the fact that all life on Earth is made of star matter and that makes me feel more connected to everything, or the occasions when I feel more affiliation to my dogs than some people  :blush:.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »
Could you describe those fantasy limbs? :)

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2014, 03:32:58 PM »
What an adventure reading this entire thread as been for me. I lost count of the many times I was offended, specifically any time the transgender theme came up, but also the huge amount of made up/convenient information, that had nothing at all to do with me personally. o_o

Thank you for anyone who actually took the time to properly explain anything in this thread, as well as posting links, by doing so restoring much of my sanity. I feel like if I continue to read this though my brain might actually explode with indignity and frustration.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »
Could you describe those fantasy limbs? :)

Silly, Shiro, we aren't supposed to ask anymore questions. :P

Honestly...I am going to agree with some other posters and say that this is just something you decided to be one day and not something that you, from the moment you are born and every waking moment after, truly believe in.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
I know you don't mean it this way, but it sort of sounds like you're trying to police my identity. :c

Are you?

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
What if I said you were tilting at windmills? ;)
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2014, 10:48:35 PM »
Locking this. The conversation is going in circles and has interrupted the happy Off Topic vibe long enough.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal