collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another buyer who apparently did not read the auction description...or title :/  (Read 784 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh I swear...I took 3 months off from selling on Ebay and now I remember why... I sold a huge lot of TLC ponies with an extremely honest and clear title and description and low and behold the buyer gets them today and this is the email I get...

"I received the ponies today and I have to say I am really disappointed. The description states many are in are guc. I would say all of the large ponies are in bait condition. For almost $80 I thought from the pictures some would at least be in guc. Do you take returns? Thank you"

My auction does NOT state many are in GUC, I said a FEW were fantastic body wise and just need a rehair....anyway...

Here is my listing, please have a look and tell me what you think, I am so frustrated because I was 100% honest and did not try to misrepresent anything. I sold these as is and do not want to take a return for something that isn't my fault :/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231215402043&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I personally don't think you need to refund her at all and you posted clearly that you dont do refunds and it was sold as is and to ask questions beforehand. .

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
It says it very clear that they are play and restore there. If you look at the pictures to you can see. I don't see a refund happening at all. I also agree with cloveromist above!

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
Thank you so much, it helps to get some second opinions  :) I usually will do a return and refund without a second thought if I truly make a mistake or miss something but in this case I was bluntly honest and not vague at all about the condition and still had a complaint... I am just baffled :(  I am thinking buyers remorse might be the reason

Post Merge: May 05, 2014, 12:58:24 PM

I just responded to her message so now I will just have to wait and see what happens, I talked to eBay and I am fairly confident I will have no problem fighting it if I have to... I just hope it doesn't go there, I am 6mo pregnant and have no patience for this crap right now
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:29:37 PM by blondee1982 »

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
From the listing "...all of these ponies are in TLC condition and would be great for, non-picky collectors, restoration or play."

I really don't see how you could have been any clearer in the description about the condition, especially that line above about how ALL of the ponies are in TLC condition. I think your listing was honest and either they didn't read it or were hoping that the items would be in better condition than described. I definitely think you have a good case if anything should happen :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I think your buyer has no idea what a "bait" pony really is.  Most of those could be easily fixed.  No refunds needed on this one, I think. 

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
That is so true, a lot of them just have a single issue like highlighter marks, ink etc. I know tons of non picky collectors that would love to restore them or use them as customs. That is why I was so surprised to get this message from her because I don't know how I could have been any more clear?? Oh well, hopefully she will just do the right thing and let it go .

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Oh the fun of ebay! :(   I agree with the other comments here - you clearly state the condition in the listing- so I wouldnt be happy with doing a refund/return either :hug:    Ebay do often side with a buyer if they open a case, and they can make you do a return/refund even if you state you do not do this..... but your items *are* as described. Since your listing description is correct then I believe ebay should side with you if it comes down to that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
I agree that this person either did not read the title/description or has a very unusual idea of what TLC condition means. But as we have seen countless times before, opinions on condition varies greatly. Personally I always move on from a listing as soon as I see words like tlc, play condition etc, but it's hard to know what your buyer was expecting. It's up to you if you want to try and make this person happy even if your items weren't misrepresented or risk getting a neg/neutral feedback.

And I hope you won't mind me saying this, but one thing that struck me about your listing was that it wasn't as transparent as it could be. There's a lot of text in different fonts/sizes and not clearly divided into "condition" "terms of sale" etc. We know it's easy to get carried away on eBay and while it's the buyers resposibility to read discriptions carefully, it can't hurt to make the info more accessible. Just my two cents!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:05:00 PM by little.fox »

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
Oh the fun of ebay! :(   I agree with the other comments here - you clearly state the condition in the listing- so I wouldnt be happy with doing a refund/return either :hug:    Ebay do often side with a buyer if they open a case, and they can make you do a return/refund even if you state you do not do this..... but your items *are* as described. Since your listing description is correct then I believe ebay should side with you if it comes down to that.

Thank you  :hug: I don't think she will push the issue anymore since I did confront her about it and considering she does not really have a case ;)

And while I do appreciate any advice I don't feel font sizes, colors and spacing are an excuse to not read an auction description...No matter what font or color my description was in it was extremely clear as far as what kind of shape these ponies were in, nothing was omitted, if anything I made them sound worse than they are. Know what you are buying BEFORE you buy it, it is the buyers sole responsibility to read the description, review pictures and ask questions that are important to them. I definitely will not cave and give a refund in this case because I am sick to death of buyers abusing buyer protection policies, I will fight them back just for the principal of the matter.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:33:49 PM by blondee1982 »

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
Maybe this person was referring to the first statement in the listing that says "In GUC to FAIR-- all of these ponies are in TLC condition and would be great for, non-picky collectors, restoration or play..." etc.  Sometimes people just look at the first line (even though they really should read everything) because they are so excited about an auction and get ahead of themselves.  Also, as I have seen all over, many people have different definitions of bait, since there is no Hoof-sters Official dictionary of lingo ("Bro-nie" is also a problem...hmmm, getting ideas!) and there is much debate on the subject.  It's like saying "vintage" anymore, and, in my opinion, people just need to be braver about asking questions!
I hope everyone comes out happy in your situation, good luck!
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
blondee, I never suggested it's an excuse at all. I'm just saying it could help to make the info as easy as possible to access. Up to you if you're open for the advice or not.

UnicornCandy

I always say that I don't accept returns. You did you part, and you were right about it.
Your discription was correct etc and if the seller did not read the discription. Its THIER FAULT.
Let them try and dispute it on eBay.. But don't worry, I can't even see them, winning the case.. Really. eBay listen to BOTH sides of the story!
Peoples stupidness shouldn't leave you with putting your hand back in your own pocket!

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
Everyone's definition of condition is very different which is why I say that in the description on all my vintage items. Really it is up to people to ask specific questions that are important to them if they are concerned about the condition ;) I always ask, even if the pony looks perfect in pictures, that gives the seller a chance to get a second look too. Although I had a huge list of specific flaws in my description so I am not sure how they missed that lol, it's not like I was vague and just said the were GUC to FAIR and that's it . Oh well can't please everyone, but I can block them from ever buying from me again

Post Merge: May 06, 2014, 03:11:33 PM

I always say that I don't accept returns. You did you part, and you were right about it.
Your discription was correct etc and if the seller did not read the discription. Its THIER FAULT.
Let them try and dispute it on eBay.. But don't worry, I can't even see them, winning the case.. Really. eBay listen to BOTH sides of the story!
Peoples stupidness shouldn't leave you with putting your hand back in your own pocket!
Thank you!! That is EXACTLY how I feel :)

phoenixsoul85

I'd say you made the description clear and also stated to ask questions and that there were no refunds.  I'd say it is their own fault.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal