collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me all about your dream ponies!  (Read 281 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Tell me all about your dream ponies!
« on: May 04, 2014, 09:42:24 AM »
What I mean by dream ponies would be ponies that don't actually exist, but ponies that you've seen in dreams! I've had several dreams about ponies before and I've seen some comments from others concerning ponies that they made up in a dream, so I thought it would be neat to share them with each other in a thread.  :)

What sparked this idea was a dream that I had last night that was actually very unpleasant- a dream that I had left my So Softs out in the rain and they were ruined. :yikes: One of them was a beautiful white unicorn in the Buttons pose with bright red hair, and I believe she had strawberry symbols. She was similar to Sugarberry, but I think my brain made her up because of my love for the Sea Pony, Sea Mist. :lovey:

And speaking of Sea Ponies, I also dreamed up an entirely new Sea Pony line! They were called something along the lines of Magic Lighthouse Window Sea Ponies, and the gimmick was that they were a tiny bit bigger than an actual adult Sea Pony, and they had pieces of clear plastic on their bellies. When you'd look through the "window," you'd see a picture. I remember a lighthouse design and also a pony named Swan Lake, whose picture was of ballerina toes dancing above a pond. I believe it was Swan Lake that was my favorite color combination, yellow and pink. :lovey: They were gorgeous. I wish they were real! (Though my waking mind wonders how the gimmick would affect their buoyancy.)

Lastly, this dream was by far the strangest. My grandmother used to live next to this woman who was not mentally well, and she often had bits of fast food trash in her yard. :( I had a dream that I was sitting on Grandma's front porch, when I noticed something off about an old hamburger in her neighbor's yard. I moved away the hamburger with a stick, and found a poor, poor G1 franken-pony underneath. It had the body of a Gingerbread-pose Sundae Best pony, and some cruel child had replaced its head with a blue and pink Colorswirl head. I felt so sorry for it that I decided to clean it up and put it in my collection as an oddity. So I grabbed my grandmother's garden hose and started spraying off the dirt. But for some reason, it just kept absorbing the water. It kept getting bigger and bigger until it turned into a house. So I moved in and made it my home. Yes, yes, it's a very strange dream, but I'm sharing because the Colorswirl head was very pretty and I wonder what the finished pony would look like if it had actually existed. :)

So please, please tell me all about your dream ponies! I'd love to see what you've all come up with in your strange, sleepy little heads.  :zzz:

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Re: Tell me all about your dream ponies!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:54:28 AM »
I'll be reading the rest of the responses to this thread with interest. I can't say I've been fortunate enough to dream about ponies yet myself!
:fox:

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
I've dreamt about me and my partners ponies in the past, which inspired me to make them a back card and turn them into customs. Usually my dreams with ponies are about scent, scented ponies because that was for a long time the only thing I recalled about my first pony(which was Sherbet) and that was how I rediscovered her too.
Other themes that occur in my dreams seem to be TAF and unicorns, and perhaps TEs. But scented ponies are most dominant.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:14 AM »
When I was first discovering G1 ponies I would often dream about sets that newly interested me, but only twice did my mind misremember them. In one dream I bought a Sugarberry that was a pegasus, in a unique pose kind of halfway between her own and Dancing Butterflies. When I woke up and looked at them again I was shocked to notice SB was an earthie and DB was the pegasi. :lol: Same with the sunshine ponies months later. In my dream I went to the dentist and there were ponies in the waiting room. I played with a Seaflower who was normal in every way except for the addition of pegasi wings. I still sometimes think that she's missing her wings when I see one.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 03:23:11 AM »
I can't remember them in great detail but I have dreamed about some Big Brother ponies that didn't actually exist as well as A LOT of Nirvanas in a thrift shop that I was about to purchase for a couple of ££s each and then the shop owner put all the prices up to £100! lol. Then there was the dream *that felt SO real* about an auction for a large (say 15 I think) South African ponies. It felt so real, no word of a lie, I checked ebay for the ended auction and Nirvana here to check LOL!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »
I seldom dream about ponies for some reason! But if I did I would like to imagine finding unicorn or pegasus Big Brothers! That would be fantastic.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »
I haven't had many pony dreams, but I remember a couple.

One of them was Zigzag, but with Baby Glider's colors (except her fancy pants).
So it was a zebra with a light purple body, lime/neon green stripes, and white hair with the neon streak.

In another dream, I found a pile of fakie G4s with beddy-bye eyes. They were in between brushable ans FS size, and the eyes were  just painted plastic (no "realistic" iris like the real beddy-bye ponies) so they didn't seem as creepy to me. There weren't any recognizable show/toy characters, their color schemes seemed pretty generic (blue, hot pink, etc).

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
I'm loving your dream ponies, everyone. :lovey:

I forgot to mention that I also dreamed about a realistic horse that was painted up like Sugarberry, and a Brush N Grow similar to Glittering Gem but with blue hair. In the dream, I was with my cousin at a thrift store and we found this big box of mostly real ponies that also included these oddities. (It warmed my heart actually. My cousin is not a collector, but in my dream she had fallen in love with Bubbles and decided to keep her!)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:53:26 PM by Rachel-Eyes »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »
I don't dream about ponies often but one tine I recall dreaming about being at a thrift store and finding a variant mountain boy.  He was Tex's shade of yellow, with yellow hair and no symbol.  He was also a unicorn and made of very brittle plastic.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal