collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Grand Champions Experts! i'm curious  (Read 1564 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Grand Champions Experts! i'm curious
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
Now that I am looking around, I'm surprised by the lack of GC at flea markets and thrift stores. Way more Breyers out there. I never collected Breyers as a kid (and still don't) but sometimes would pick up a pretty or cheap one for my Barbies.

That's also where my GC lived- they were my Barbie's horses (although a little small for her scale) and I loved to sew blankets for them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
thanks texas gal!  oh and if you go to my album again you can see the other stallions i found.  i think one is senior poncho and the sliding stallion is the bay american gold.  i also have his original bridle its just not in the photo.

ponyqueen, yes it shocks me too!  and why does EVERYONE seem to want like 30 or 40 dollars for breyers with broken legs and ears lol...  its kinda why they arnet fun for me to collect because all sellers seem to think they are worth so much.  ponies and gc horses tend to be easier to score at a fun price.   but im seeing less and less of them, even g3s are scarce.  :/
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 11:26:46 AM »
Well now guess I should've hung on to my 4 vs trading them off or giving them away here in swaps :p All toy markets have their ups and downs
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 01:47:44 AM »
I collect them casually as I do with a few model horse types, although at one stage I had more GC than MLP. My bestie also has heaps of both, and between us we're a wealth of GC/MLP information! I LOVE Missouri Belle, I have Dancer and have been looking for her, but I only buy in-person, it helps me avoid getting too many, as I have nowhere to put them as is! Those prices are insane, I'd probably never pay more then $30 for a standard release non-grail horse.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 07:39:46 AM »
I love my GC horses! My first set was the Western stable and Foxy Lady and Cinnamon. Got them for Christmas when I was quite young. I collect them casually now, but in my area I actually find quite a few of them in the thrift stores. Course, they aren't always in the greatest of shape, but I scoop them anyways. Sadly I don't have any pics of my horses, I will have to get some soon. The Icing has to be my favourite thrift store find, though I have special attachment to Sky Dancer, my mail order. I worked so hard to save those points! :P I actually still have an envelope of GC points tucked away in my drawer somewhere.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
i have some new acquisitions :P  and some more photos in my album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/116832912685484526024/GrandChampions

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 03:50:06 AM »
Can I get a PC for this lot of Grand Champions, please?  And maybe an ID as well, just out of curiosity.  I promised TexasGal first dibs on them, but if there's anything that's currently valuable, please let me know.  One of my cats just had a $700 surgery, so I could really use the money.  So even if the current prices are inflated, I'd like to know what they're worth in the current market.

They have paint wear and could use some spa time, but nothing looks broken.  The MOC Micro Minis are Akhal-Tekes; one is jumping.  Umm, the package says 1998.  I guess the rearing one is probably an off-brand, but he's cute, and I'm happy to throw him in with the lot.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »
I will go ask the group for a proper price amount for you, and then I am definitely going to say I am after a few of them LOL!  Will be PMing you back shortly =D

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »
Hmm, I don't know much about GC going rates right now. Feed 'n Nuzzles like that white baby sell well, but the only examples I see on Ebay are for families so I can't tell how much the baby would be . . . $7? The black rearing pony might be a Breyer; it reminds me of a brown one I have. If it is, it would have the Breyer circle on an inner back leg. Don't know how much it would be worth, though. Hope that helps somewhat. :blush: 

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
If I were to ever recollect any GCs it would be the micros. I loved those toys so hard when I was a kid and had the whole set. I sold them off some years ago at a yard sale.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:56:10 PM by Soull »
~Originally Soull~

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 11:36:52 PM »
ok this is going to sound weird but would you be willing to send me some better pics of that little rearing horse in the second picture?  i have a friend thats trying to find some bizzare off brand fakie type rearing horse and that looks pretty close to the picture she has showed me.   i would def be interested if only to try to figure out what brand or year it was made.  we cant seem to identify this weird little childhood horse of hers in this old photo she has.    XD   if its hollow or a breyer its not it.  she thinks she recalls him being maybe hard rubber or something?    I would trip balls to surprise her with that.  :P

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
The rearing horse is definitely hollow.  It says "made in Hong Kong," but that'll all.  Looks kinda like an old Breyer, but no mark.  If it's a Breyer after all, I'd prefer to keep it.  I do collect Breyers, casually.  Are some of the old ones unmarked?  I have the old black and white one with western tack.  He's packed away though (I just moved), so I can't check for a mark.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:37:09 AM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 02:30:17 AM »
its ok nvm doll.  she already looked at your pic and said its not him LOL  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal