collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Twisted Fairy Tale Swap - All Done! (til next time!)  (Read 17421 times)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Twisted Fairy Tale Swap - Partners Assigned - Begin Twisting!
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »
Dear partner how do you feel about real eyes? IE doll type
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »
I love real eyes :D

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2014, 01:39:34 AM »
Here will be my Q&A post ;)
Real eyes?-Sure real eyes would be cool x

What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc?-
Alice in wonderland-I love how messed up wonderland is:) Its a super creepy place with some very creepy characters.I love how everything even the flowers have a slightly sinister presence to them  ^.^
Princess and the frog(disney version)- VooDoo dolls are cute yet creepy and I love how The Shadow Man got what was coming to him in a grim way :biggrin: I could watch this move over and over again x
Little mermaid- Ariel Is so beautiful and pure of heart in the disney version that I cant help but love her and Sebastian
Beauty and the beast- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder  :blush:

How do you feel about a base for your custom?  Like, if it was not something the pony was glued down on and you could move it around on the base, would that be ok?  I haven't decided if I am going to use this as part of my design or not, but it's a possibility. - A base would be fine with me:)

What are some of your favorite colors:
Colors regarding stuff in general:
Pinks Purples blues and silver
Colors regarding ponies:
As above Plus greys black,greens
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:13:36 PM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2014, 04:39:26 AM »
*plants tiny fox flag* I claim this land in the name of my questions!
I'm going to start my question answering right here so Its all in one place ans easier for my partner to find.

*Dear partner how do you feel about real eyes? IE doll type
Normally I'm not for them but a twisted creepy swap? I think they'll fit right in for this occasion so sure if they're done right....

*What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc?
Little Mermaid - When I was little it was my go to movie, I grew up thinking I WAS the little mermaid. When i got older and read the real version I thought oh my how sad and yet awesome. I love the tradgedy of the story, How the mermaid is willing to suffer and give up everything for the person the loves, regardless of weather he loves her or not. Its a true love story. Plus, shes a collector, she loves hording items and learning which was always cool to me, I collect skulls, hides, trinkets, and all kind of goodies so I can relate.
Little Red Riding Hood - Love red cloaks, love the Darkstalkers version BB Hood (love everything about that game actually) There is a comic called RED that is really messed up as well that I love his version of RRH as well. I love the wolf, and I like to imagine him as more of a werewolf as oppose to a standard wolf.
Pinocchio- the empty puppet trying to get a soul to become a real living thing, not the stupid nose growing when a lie is told aspect. I always loved the idea of puppets and dolls being hollow and wanting more. I kinda of think of Tim Burton's movie 9 when I think of Pinocchio. I don't care for the nose growing thing I always thought it was stupid, but the puppet part always appealed to me. Patches, missing parts, stitches, string, yes please. I always thought there should be a tragic side too where he stays a puppet or becomes even less.
Alice in Wonderland - American McGee has an awesome Twist on wonderland. Insane asylums, drugs, torture, it was creepy but cool all at the same time. I like just how messed up the idea of wonderland can be. It can be happy and sweet or messed up, or both at the same time! Its wonderland it doesn't have to make sense. Nothing really makes sense and you never know if its in her head or not. It makes me think of children and their experiences. You know you did things when you were little and they felt so real and weird but then as you grow up you think it was just a game or just your imagination. I always liked that about AIWL, you just weren't sure. I like the idea of her being crazy too, where you're not sure whats good and bad. I think Alice herself is adorable and any weird stuff added to her just makes it better.

*How do you feel about a base for your custom?  Like, if it was not something the pony was glued down on and you could move it around on the base, would that be ok?  I haven't decided if I am going to use this as part of my design or not, but it's a possibility. Sure, I think that would be neat

*what are some extras that are good for you? I have a link in my signature that goes into all kinds of crazy details on goodies I like and stuff like that so if you wanted to use that list for inspiration that would be great.

What are some of your favorite colors:
Colors regarding stuff in general:
Dislikes: orange, yellow, green
Colors regarding ponies:
Likes: Yellow and orange ponies tend to be my favorite (weird right cause I normally don't like those colors but for some reason I love them on ponies), rainbows
Dislikes: browns

Favorite ponies so I can get ideas of colors: (I shrunk the larger list found in my signature)
G1:Applejack, Chief, Flutterbye, Galaxy, Gingerbread, Gypsy, Masquerade, Milky Way, Moonstone, Night Glider, Night Light, Powder, Sweet Stuff, Tex, Tic-tac-toe, Twilight (the unicorn and the pegasus), Windwhistler
G2: Moon Shadow and Princess Crystal
G3: Applejack, Apple Spice, Autumn Skye, BowTie, Candy Apple, Coconut Cream, Kiwi Tart,  Moondancer, Pretty Pop,  WaterFire
G4:Apple Dazzle/Apple Bumpkin, Apple Fritter, Apple Jack, Apple Split, Apple Star,  Braeburn, Candy Apples, Chrysalis, Cloud Chaser and Flitter together, Crimson Gala, DJ Pon3, Feathermay,  Luna, Lyra and BonBon together, Nightmare Moon, Tealove, Thunderlane, Zecora

*How do you feel about things that come from animals like leather, feathers, etc?
I'm 100% ok as long as they are all legal. Reminder that feathers you find outside in the wild are actually not legal due to the migratory bird treaty act in the USA. :/ Any store bought feathers or feathers from domestic birds are totally legal. I'm a hunter myself so I have no problem with bone, leather, and fur.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:02:31 PM by UrocyonFox »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »
Ok, so I am guessing this will be my Q&A spot as well.  =]   Will add it to my sig!

- Doll eyes?
I guess it depends on the pony?  I think they are a bit creepy on ponies, except a rare few, so I would kinda prefer no.

-How do you feel about a bade for your custom?  Like, if it was not something the pony was glued down on and you could move it around on the base, would that be ok?  I haven't decided if I am going to use this as part of my design or not, but it's a possibility. 

for me, personally, I would not mind either way, it just depends on what you need to do, designer!

-what are some extras that are good for you?

I love pony baits, ponies from my want list, customizing stuff, Schlieg animals, Stablemates, Grand Champion horses, hair, nail polish, just about anything though, honestly!  I love a lot, so feel free to go nuts.   Owls and vintage are things i love to decorate with, and I would love to have accessories for my MH dolls and Pullips (1:6 scale, so same size as Barbie).  That kind of thing!  Oh, I love chocolate and gummy stuff, but I am on a diet, so go easy on candy, if you send some! I also LOVE to bead, so beads are great too!!

-What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc? 

I will have to go back and look at my list to make sure I have it all down, cause all I can remember off hand are a few things, lol! 

Beauty and the Beast - the love that overcame a terrible situation, the rose, the books, seeing beauty in the ugliest of spaces

Rapunzel - I love the new Disney version, and to me, the best was at the end, where Flynn cut her hair and freed her from Gothel.  Plus, how you could see them falling for each other, with all their issues and charming traits.

The Six Swans - she worked so hard, through SO much, just to save her brothers, and succeeded. 

Cinderella - I don't know why, but this was always my favorite Disney movie growing up. 

Swan Princess - he worked hard to go find her and save her from the evil sorcerer.  Definitely true love!

- Favorite colors regarding stuff
pink, purple, blue, silver
combos: black, pink, grey, white
purple, blue, silver, black
red, black, white
red, black, gold

- Favorite colors regarding ponies
I love them all =]

- Favorite ponies you like the color schemes of
I love g3 port-o-bella, g1 cupcake, g1 ice crystal, g4 pinkie pie, g4 cadence, but seriously, have fun
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 11:50:05 AM by TexasGal »

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
Real doll eyes.... That's a huge no for me sorry partner they creep me out

What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc? 
Rumpelstiltskin (once upon a time tv show only I love him with his shimmer skin) This character is one of my loves.. I love him in both the fairy world and the human world but I love him more in the fairy world because it shows how insecure he is with himself and how he masks it with the dark one/power and umm he is hot for an older man which doesn't happen to appeal to me very often haha
Mad hatter or Red queen (tim burtons alice in wonderland) (or reference picture) I have always loved the mad hatter and the red queen is sooo evil
Little mermaid (see reference picture)
Snow white (see reference pictures) who doesn't love a classic of a sweet girl who eats poison apples haha
Santa Clause rise of the guardians version I love a tattooed not so jolly fat man as my santa (evil in his own way)

-How do you feel about a bade for your custom?  Like, if it was not something the pony was glued down on and you could move it around on the base, would that be ok?  I haven't decided if I am going to use this as part of my design or not, but it's a possibility. 
I am open to whatever my partner wants to do

customizing supplies, detail brushes, paints, glitter paints, metallic paint, hair in all colors but I favor browns and slivers shiny or maybe darker pinks or purples, clay, baits I love babies g1 or g4's or taf g1's, anything from my want list or whatever you feel like sending me

If you would do like:
Favorite colors regarding stuff: I love purples, blues more teal than blue, greens, and anything metallic or sparkly

Favorite colors regarding ponies: not sure I have one favorite but I am not very fond of orange body ponies (excluding babies)

Favorite ponies you like the color schemes of: not sure this makes sense to me however I think I said I was a literal person and I love my ponies to look as close as possible to the pictures I provide with the exception of the gore/twist added to it.. those colors are all up to you as the artist
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:19:37 PM by cloverofmist »

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »
Doll eyes are OK, as long as they're not BBE style!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »
No doll eyes for me please.

-What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose? 
1. Sleeping Beauty - I love the evil fairy/Maleficent (I really can't wait to see that movie!) and the idea of the princess and everyone asleep in the impregnable castle, for 100 years...very creepy!
2. Alice in Wonderland - How fun, whimsical and a little frightening Alice's adventures are!  There's lots of stuff you could easily twist in this one!
3. Red Riding Hood -  I love the "Into the Woods" version of the tale, especially the song "I Know Things Now"  http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/intothewoods/iknowthingsnow.htm
4. Donkeyskin/Princess Furball - The dresses...seriously...the version I remember where they describe how the dresses she makes to impress the king/prince, I loved that!  Also, things aren't always what they seem. 
5. The Six Swans - The sister's sacrifices...and the idea that she still doesn't finish in time and the last brother remains a swan. 
-How do you feel about a base for your custom?
A base would be fine :)

-What are some extras that are good for you?
Any customizing supplies, including hair.  Stickers, little knicky knacky things, anything that goes with the "theme" of the swap or custom that you create :)  Also like candy - Banana Laffy Taffy or Turkish Taffy, anything chocolate and peanut butter, jelly beans, Wint-o-green lifesavers :)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:41:16 PM by dashesndots »

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
Doll eyes are okay with me.

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »
nah, no doll eyes.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:25 AM »
I'm cool with glass eyes/doll eyes.  I will make a page on my blog for my answers for this swap.  I'll put a link to that page here later today.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN Days later here is the link: http://brighteyespony.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/answers-for-twisted-fairy-tale-custom-swap/  Sorry for the delay!  I will also put this link in my signature.

In related news.... Twisted Fairy Tales: SPACE EDITION as told by T-Rex:

(I'd put the link to the comic home page but today's comic isn't perfectly aligned with the Arena's PG-13 standards XD)

Aaaaand I've got my partner and I'm super inspired by their list of fairy tales and their survey.  I can't wait to get started!  I'm sketching out some ideas now and narrowing in on what I want to do.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:11:50 PM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline WaePonies

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
no problem with doll eyes ^.^
xoxo

Offline gotbunny

• Trade Count: (+187)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bunnies RULE!!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sleepyhollowrabbitry.com/gotbunny
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 12:15:04 AM »
I'm ok with them long as they are not set freaky like in the fakies. Those gives the creeps.
As for mine, I got an idea and well it's a mix of characters , see if I can pull off the creepy image in my mind.
Let your imagination run wild

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2014, 09:09:23 AM »
mwa ha ha ha ha After researching my partner's stuff I tried some things on some fakies..... some turned out baaaad, but after a few different things I think I got exactly what I want. Now I have to buy supplies, and search for the right bait. ohhh man, I'm so excited about this, its gonna be wicked.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2014, 06:58:17 PM »
So I have been sculpting today, but I completely forgot a part I needed, so I have to stop for the night.  Ah well!  I can't wait to keep going on this.  Should work out well, but I am still nervous I am going to get it all wonky. 

So questions for everyone!

-What are some of your favorite things about the fairy tales you chose?  Like the themes, details, etc? 

I will have to go back and look at my list to make sure I have it all down, cause all I can remember off hand are a few things, lol! 

Beauty and the Beast - the love that overcame a terrible situation, the rose, the books, seeing beauty in the ugliest of spaces

Rapunzel - I love the new Disney version, and to me, the best was at the end, where Flynn cut her hair and freed her from Gothel.  Plus, how you could see them falling for each other, with all their issues and charming traits.

The Six Swans - she worked so hard, through SO much, just to save her brothers, and succeeded. 

Cinderella - I don't know why, but this was always my favorite Disney movie growing up. 

Swan Princess - he worked hard to go find her and save her from the evil sorcerer.  Definitely true love!

for me, personally, I would not mind either way, it just depends on what you need to do, designer!

I love pony baits, ponies from my want list, customizing stuff, Schlieg animals, Stablemates, Grand Champion horses, hair, nail polish, just about anything though, honestly!  I love a lot, so feel free to go nuts.   Owls and vintage are things i love to decorate with, and I would love to have accessories for my MH dolls and Pullips (1:6 scale, so same size as Barbie).  That kind of thing!  Oh, I love chocolate and gummy stuff, but I am on a diet, so go easy on candy, if you send some! I also LOVE to bead, so beads are great too!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:09:48 PM by TexasGal »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal