collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is she worth it? Sea Pony Wave Dancer advice... -Cry!-  (Read 579 times)

UnicornCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
Is she worth it? Sea Pony Wave Dancer advice... -Cry!-
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »
So I found this little girl, and brought her yesterday!
I thought she was a STEAL price, as she is a WATERCOLOUR sea pony! (And I've never heard of them before!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My worry is... Did I pay way too much?!
She's hasn't got any marks, cancer etc.
Comes with a float & comb!

I only ask this, as I've seen two of her on ebay.COM & I normally buy from the UK only!.
The two I've seen on the .COM site, don't come with the comb or float...

So my actual question IS -

How much do you think, my girl above, is worth?
What would YOU pay for her?

-Note, Pony is NOT for sale!-

Think I might cry myself to sleep tonight, if I have paid wayyy to much for her!
Thanks!

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Is she worth it? Sea Pony Wave Dancer advice... -Cry!-
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
Looks like you found Wave Dancer and that is her original float my guess is $20+ maybe some one else could help with a more concrete answer but I know they tend to go for more/be worth more with original accessories.

UnicornCandy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
Looks like you found Wave Dancer and that is her original float my guess is $20+ maybe some one else could help with a more concrete answer but I know they tend to go for more/be worth more with original accessories.

This makes me feel so much better! Even if you're reply is just a guess! :D
Yeah, I thought they would be worth more with the float etc!

Ahh!
Happy Unicorn!
 :happy:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
The watercolours unfortunately are perhaps the least popular sea pony set so it keeps their prices low. The floats however are some of the harder to find ones so that balances out their price.

With her comb and her float the $20-22 mark sounds good to me as well.

And at the end of the day as long as you love her thats all that matters. Ponies are only worth what someone is willing to pay and value can therefore be a little subjective.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

UnicornCandy

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »
The watercolours unfortunately are perhaps the least popular sea pony set so it keeps their prices low. The floats however are some of the harder to find ones so that balances out their price.

And at the end of the day as long as you love her thats all that matters. Ponies are only worth what someone is willing to pay and value can therefore be a little subjective.

Again, that makes me super happy!
I got her just under £20 (including P&P)!

I never knew about the watercolour ponies untill I saw her on eBay yesterday!
I think its such a neat idea! How are these not popular?!
A few years ago, I brought a set of colour changing ducks, and loved them to bits... Untill my brother claimed him as his own, when he used to beg to borrow them for his bath! He was only around 4... They grow up so fast! :')  -So I made acceptions :P

But COLOUR CHANGING SEA PONEIS?! My mind was honestly blown, and she was brought within a few hours of first finding her! :P
I do love her so, and she's probally not even in the UK yet! Haha - I brought her from Norway! :P

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:30:30 AM »
Do be aware that she may not work too well anymore - the plastic for these gals was pretty unstable, and they almost always get "stuck" in one color.  They're still lovely though, and I don't think that's a bad price at all for a near-complete one.  All she needs is a replacement ribbon. :)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 05:44:02 AM »
I also think she's lovely. I try really hard not to spend more than $20 on a single pony, but I also hate going home empty handed! It's worth a little extra to bring home that little treasure! Besides, in a year you won't think of the cost, and you'll still have your treasure!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:01 AM »
Congrats! I really like the watercolor sea ponies :) And her accessories are cute, too! I think you got a good deal.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:57 AM »

Again, that makes me super happy!
I got her just under £20 (including P&P)!

I never knew about the watercolour ponies untill I saw her on eBay yesterday!
I think its such a neat idea! How are these not popular?!
A few years ago, I brought a set of colour changing ducks, and loved them to bits... Untill my brother claimed him as his own, when he used to beg to borrow them for his bath! He was only around 4... They grow up so fast! :')  -So I made acceptions :P

But COLOUR CHANGING SEA PONEIS?! My mind was honestly blown, and she was brought within a few hours of first finding her! :P
I do love her so, and she's probally not even in the UK yet! Haha - I brought her from Norway! :P

I think the fact they have body problems, as Baby Sugarberry says, along with the hair issues just makes them a little unsought after unfortunately. I really like them though - love any pony which comes with a cool accessory!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

jemboi

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »
She's beautiful! I'll never forget my mother buying me a seapony of my very own. I was just starting kindergarten and absolutely hated it and came home crying. My mom encouraged me that if I had a good time at school that I could have a mlp seapony and that's exactly what happened. The next day I gave it my all and when I came home from school a beautiful seapony was waiting for me. I unfortunately don't have her anymore, but I loved her very much. We spent many a bath together.

This is the one I had.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:16:48 AM by jemboi »

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 09:03:20 AM »
She's beautiful! I'll never forget my mother buying me a seapony of my very own. I was just starting kindergarten and absolutely hated it and came home crying. My mom encouraged me that if I had a good time at school that I could have a mlp seapony and that's exactly what happened. The next day I gave it my all and when I came home from school a beautiful sea pony was waiting for me. I unfortunately don't have her anymore, but I loved her very much. We spent many a bath together.

This is the one I had.

I hope you will get one just like her again some day! Lovely story :)

@ Unicorncandy, she is lovely!
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

jemboi

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »
Thank you. I hope to track down a nice one someday. My old one was loved to pieces and it really showed. Her hair was atrocious from all the bathtub time. :-(

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »
That picture of Wave Dancer looks exactly like mine, which means her hair and probably her body won't change color any more. You'll see her hair with have a soft texture from the plastic breaking down. However, I still personally think she's awesome, and it's great that you got the accessories with her! And hey, maybe her body color will still change! That would be cool! I haven't seen the effect in so long!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal