collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 68808 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Rarity/Discord/Daring Do Now Shipping)
« Reply #1380 on: September 23, 2014, 12:23:06 AM »
Thanks for the codes, Neon!! YAY Ariel comforter set you will be miiiiine! 
:silly:
Now that I think about it, Im really glad they didnt have preorders this time around because theres some Disney stuff I really want!  Doesnt mean I wont stop hunting for Glitters though! >:D

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 23, 2014, 06:35:09 AM »
Daring Do and Discord are back up on HT's site for anyone who still needs 'em!

So now I'm seeing a Harry Potter backpack on their site that I may have to get.  Tempting...
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline honestjonstoys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »
Thanks for the codes.  Bought two of the large Luna plush.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 27, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »
I found a glitter Discord at Hot Topic today... BUT!  I already have one.

So I'm looking to trade or sell him, since I still need glitter Daring Do.  >_<  On the bright side, it looks like all of the Hot Topic's around here have all 3 of the newest figures now.
Instagram / Want List

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #1384 on: September 28, 2014, 01:27:52 PM »
I went to HT the other day to pick up the :muffin: Pony plush and I'm pretty irritated. They moved the Funko Vinyls up to a shelf you can't reach and as I was chatting with the surprsingly kind employees (seriously, recently we've had a wave of wonderful workers there) one said in the last shipment they got 1 glitter, a Discord, and an employee bought it for a family member... so, I doubt I'll be finding glitters there anymore.

Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 28, 2014, 01:51:12 PM »
I went to HT the other day to pick up the :muffin: Pony plush and I'm pretty irritated. They moved the Funko Vinyls up to a shelf you can't reach and as I was chatting with the surprsingly kind employees (seriously, recently we've had a wave of wonderful workers there) one said in the last shipment they got 1 glitter, a Discord, and an employee bought it for a family member... so, I doubt I'll be finding glitters there anymore.
I'm just tall enough to reach the shelf that I've seen some of the figures on, although there was one Hot Topic that had them on a shelf so high that an employee had to go get a ladder out.  Still, it is pretty irritating.

The Hot Topic I went to today said they had a glitter Daring Do and a glitter Rarity in yesterday, but someone bought them both. I was mentally kicking myself because I need Daring Do for myself and Rarity for a friend!  :yikes:

I'm really surprised at the people trying to sell glitter Daring Do for $75+ on eBay. I looked at the sold listings and it's been a looooong time since she's sold for anywhere near that much.  It's really annoying that sellers don't take notice of these things and lower their prices.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »

well, THAT is against policy right there. Employees have a hold where they aren't supposed to buy new things for X weeks after a new item comes out. ...sounds like someone broke that rule
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 06, 2014, 06:07:47 PM »

well, THAT is against policy right there. Employees have a hold where they aren't supposed to buy new things for X weeks after a new item comes out. ...sounds like someone broke that rule

I'm sure mine does this too- the Funko ponies are super high up, you have to ask to get any of them down so you certainly can't check out multiples for glitters, if they even kept glitters up there.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 06, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

I'm sure mine does this too- the Funko ponies are super high up, you have to ask to get any of them down so you certainly can't check out multiples for glitters, if they even kept glitters up there.
The 2 HT nearest me just started doing this. The pony vinyls are on the freaking ceiling. So stupid.  :enraged: It's embarrassing enough to have to ask them to get one down and wait for them to get a ladder;I'd feel rude asking to look through them for paint flaws/dig for glitters. I asked if there were glitters up there are both stores and they said no but I'm not sure whether to believe it.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #1389 on: October 06, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »
I totally agree with you Flitter. My HT has had them up on the high shelf for quite a long time......and it has really discouraged me from even going there. I am a very reserved person and I also find it embarrassing to want to dig through them and search for one with a good paint job.

The worst part is at my HT they don't even get a ladder for them....they just use a big stick to knock them down!!!! :crazy:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:20 PM »
Yeah, not sure why they decided to move the pony vinyls up so high where no one can reach them.  I'm a tall girl and I still have to stand on the tips of my toes to see who's up there, then ask an employee if they can get them for me so I can look for glitters.  It's silly.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 06, 2014, 06:49:03 PM »
I just sent a message to HT on fb about this. It's really ridiculous. The only reason I shop at HT anymore is because they get the mlp vinyls first and to have a chance at glitters. I've felt like at one of my stores in particular an employee was taking the glitters (I was told a 'collector' works there and that's why the bbs were all ripped open. "They wanted a certain one." among other things employees have said that made me think that.) and now I'm even more suspicious. I mean, the employees at all the stores I hunt at are really nice but still I don't want to bug them more than I have to.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #1392 on: October 06, 2014, 07:04:29 PM »
I just gave up with the HT stores,  -_-
I hate to call there and to go there is a waste of time ,and hate the hectic malls :(
and then the website glitching , I wanted the minis, had to orders and the got cancelled the next day, I decided I will just get the black ones from other collectors , I found 4 at TRU and 3 were the same pony  LOL
a sign no to mess with that stuff anymore , so I traded the repeats and just bought the rest open already :) and is only 6 new black ones anyway, no discords ,will be selling the discord vinyls,  Hope I can trade the Discord Glitter for a Bon Bon or Spitfire :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Alzatia

« Reply #1393 on: October 06, 2014, 07:51:04 PM »
One should really give no bucks about having the employees getting a ladder and checking the merchandise for you. As long as the customer is polite, there should be no complaints. I work retail, and even when customers see me with food on my hands and need me to pull the ladder to get something down I do it. It's my job, I might be making a sale and I'm most likely going to get a happy customer regardless of finding their item or not. They'll know we're always willing to help and they'll most likely come back to look for something another day.

I've even had employees get up there and check when they've told me no. The fact that they actually bother when I ask regardless is one thing that keeps me coming back to that store.

As to why they do it. It could be because they usually have little space for their collectibles and the ponies aren't their main selling point in the department. It's the POP Funkos. So they push the least selling items to the top.

Sprinklecupcake

Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)
« Reply #1394 on: October 07, 2014, 07:49:49 AM »
Mine also has them on the tippy top LOL im only 5" so its like trying to look on top of a tree xD Sadly they havnt ordered any in quite a while... theres still like 3 Funkos in stock! Daring Do and Discord sold out super fast that first day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal